Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My recollection is that there is capacity for about 700. My guess is that there will be about 250 people there.

I would hope there are far more than 250 people bearing in mind the importance of this.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I would hope there are far more than 250 people bearing in mind the importance of this.

Firstly is it REALLY important?

Secondly the majority of fans really don't care about Perry's spin any more they just want the bloody thing built.

Thirdly we are barely scraping 4k for home matches where are all these other people suddenly going to spring from?

Finally it is going to be covered by the official site, the argus and no doubt they'll be 3546 threads on here about it so why not just stay at home and read about it at your leisure.

the majority of fans really don't care about Perry's spin any more they just want the bloody thing built.

Spin?

The project has now reached the stage at which architect's drawings are being sent out to potential contractors. Are you saying that these drawings are SPIN? And that the contractors will build something else?

:thud:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spin?

The project has now reached the stage at which architect's drawings are being sent out to potential contractors. Are you saying that these drawings are SPIN? And that the contractors will build something else?

Agreed no need for spin now, time to deliver and hopefully this is what the event is all about.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Spin?

Yes spin, how many times have we been promised something by Perry only for it not to be delivered?

I don't see no shiny new football ground anywhere, in fact I haven't even seen a sod of earth moved yet. There are still huge doubts over where the money is coming from to pay for it and now they are coming out with statements like 'the club is confident that it will be able to secure funding'. CONFIDENT!!! I should bloody well hope so! It wasn't a very well known fact (until recently) that the club asked the national lottery for money!! Why when I asked a senior fan figure about this a while back I was told in no uncertain terms to keep this fact to myself? Who else have they been asking for cash?

I have zero faith in Perry so I have no plans to waste my time listening to his hot air any more. Get the thing built on time (although it's already late!) and on budget (because it's late it's going to cost a f*** sight more) and I MAY change my opinion on the guy.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes spin, how many times have we been promised something by Perry only for it not to be delivered?

I don't see no shiny new football ground anywhere, in fact I haven't even seen a sod of earth moved yet.

Is that the clubs fault? BTW, bad grammar (double negative)

OK. I'll tell the TRUTH.

The delay was entirely down to Martin Perry. He was deceiving us when he claimed that Lewes District Council were objecting to Prescott's grant of planning permission. The second public inquiry never happened. There are no architects drawings. Banks are always willing to hand over all the money at the early stages of a major building project. And the price of steel hasn't changed for ten years.

OK. I'll tell the TRUTH.

The delay was entirely down to Martin Perry. He was deceiving us when he claimed that Lewes District Council were objecting to Prescott's grant of planning permission. The second public inquiry never happened. There are no architects drawings. Banks are always willing to hand over all the money at the early stages of a major building project. And the price of steel hasn't changed for ten years.

LB - you've forgotten that it's also Perry's fault that the road interchange etc hasn't been built yet.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'll be there. Finishing work early and travelling down from Londres for it. Looking forward to seeing how the fine-tuning of the plans is goin'.:drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't see no shiny new football ground anywhere, in fact I haven't even seen a sod of earth moved yet. There are still huge doubts over where the money is coming from to pay for it and now they are coming out with statements like 'the club is confident that it will be able to secure funding'. CONFIDENT!!! I should bloody well hope so! It wasn't a very well known fact (until recently) that the club asked the national lottery for money!! Why when I asked a senior fan figure about this a while back I was told in no uncertain terms to keep this fact to myself? Who else have they been asking for cash?

I have zero faith in Perry so I have no plans to waste my time listening to his hot air any more. Get the thing built on time (although it's already late!) and on budget (because it's late it's going to cost a f*** sight more) and I MAY change my opinion on the guy.

Good to see stupidity, ignorance and sheer dickheadedness is alive and kicking on these hallowed pages.

Bell-end.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Do you blame Perry when it rains, too?

Your criticisms are totally baseless and fly in the face of many well-known facts.

Yet another who won't let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
All I've done is stated the truth.

Because I'm not in the NSC clique you've all ganged up on me to make it look like I'm wrong......I'm not!

Plenty of people agree with my opinions, why do think the attendances are so low? People have no faith in the board and allot of people still don't think Falmer will happen full stop.

I'm willing to bet in 5 years time (if we've still got the current board) Falmer will still be "on it's way" and we would have just "over come another very important hurdle".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
OK. I'll tell the TRUTH.

I'd expect a club patsy to say nothing less. Just like Costa and co continued to back Bellotti and co when it was plain to see they were crooks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here