Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Religious People Nutters?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, no,no. I said that founding memebers of Christianity were theives. I did not say that everyone who follows the Christian religion is a theif. I personally like some aspects of Christianity I just don't believe in its moral code as I think it is a thin tissue of hypocritical lies woven to incite guilt and compliance. That is my belief.

Please read what is being put to you before you get sensationalist.

was the Emperor Constantine a thief?

I thought it was him who decided that Christianity was to become the authorised religion of the Roman Empire.

This accountancy dueling is REALLY interesting. Particularly on a beat em up thread for god botherers.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Rusthall, your comment about no accepted religion before Christianity was wrong. I get things wrong, everyone gets things wrong. Get over it.

I think you will find I said 'commonly accepted and practised'

but hey, pick the bits you want - I will just have to pray you see the light

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Who needs MoH? We;ve gone from moral codes to accountancy bodies in a few steps.

I knew that you were an accountant, Dave but didn't realise you still kept your amateur status :p

got out of the accounting game 10 years ago when as i wasnt qualified I wasnt going to get any decent jobs, and and IT job came along which was a good one.

If this ever goes tits up i have no idea what I will do....probably stack shelves at sainsbury's

:down::down::down::down:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nope to the tune of A_E-I-O-U by Freez DTG wll remember.

As every schoolboy knows, GOD IS A DJ. And when he does weddings and birthday parties,he sticks on House of Fun for the blokes, Saturday night by Whigfield for the girls and to really get the party going it's ACCA/YMCA.

How the f*** can you evangelise to a choon by Freez? The message is so much stronger when the apostles are dressed as a cowboy, construction worker and gay biker. FACT

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I do believe in God but I don't believe everything in the Bible. The Old Testament, in my opinion, is a collection of fables, legends, some truths, some history and a lot of weird stuff too. On a moral/philosophical level, however, I do like and agree with what is in the four gospels i.e. the core Christian element of the Bible. And I do believe in Jesus Christ.

There are plenty of good religious people in the world, however, there are also those who abuse it and use it as a cover for gaining power. People who rely purely on proven, scientific fact will never be easily converted to Christianity. It's all about Faith. You either have it or you don't.

At the end of the day, to me, what really matters, is how you treat others and how you live your life. Good people come in all shapes, colours, sizes and religions. The same goes for wankers.

In my opinion, Christians who are quick to judge other people's lives and criticise non-Christians are arseholes. Muslims who beat up their wives and condone terrorism on innocent civilians are arseholes. Japanese troops in WWII who were all profoundly deep Buddhist believers but who still went around murdering and raping civilians were not nice either. But that doesn't mean all Christians, Muslims and Buddhists are scum, or indeed nutters.

And anyone who insists that their point of view (be it atheist, agnostic or religious) is so clearly, obviously right, and who bores the f*** out of everyone else by going on about it, is an arsehole too. So that probably includes me.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
As every schoolboy knows, GOD IS A DJ. And when he does weddings and birthday parties,he sticks on House of Fun for the blokes, Saturday night by Whigfield for the girls and to really get the party going it's ACCA/YMCA.

How the f*** can you evangelise to a choon by Freez? The message is so much stronger when the apostles are dressed as a cowboy, construction worker and gay biker. FACT

When its the Southern Freez...???

The roman historian who I was thinking of was Cornelius Tacitus, he lived somewhat after the events recounted in the bible. He makes passing refernce to Jesus and the christian sect. There are no contemporaneous accounts of that time in Palestine which refer to either jesus or the christians other than the purported accounts of the christians themselves. There is no independent verification that he ever existed, Tacitus merely refers to him having allegedly been putm to death under the rule of Pilate.

Edit to add, incidentally Saul/Paul was apparently a strict vegetarian and some accounts have the early christian sect as being strict vegetarians also.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think you will find I said 'commonly accepted and practised'

but hey, pick the bits you want - I will just have to pray you see the light

whatever way you wish to interpret my answer you are still wrong. Christianity was not the first commonly accepted and practiced belief system on these shores.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

I think you'll find God is actually Rick Dees and his Cast of Idiots singing "Disco Duck"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here