Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Religious People Nutters?

Rusthall Seagull said:
As with any law of the land, Shira has is good and bad points - you can quite easily pull out laws from any system and say how shit they are. At what point are the people being misled ? She knew the rules, she broke them, therefore, there is a punishment. Seems pretty fair to me

Stone the bitch.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Can you please show me where I have said you are a Christian ?

ok, so, what do you mean by saying 'that's nutty even for a christian' ?

it either implies you think I am a Christian or it makes no sense because we were talking about Shira law - could you just clear this up for me ? OH GREAT ONE

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How is this thread so long? Yes of course they are

Back to my original post, Sudan Police arrest a teacher for allowing her pupils to name their teddy bear Muhammed! Under Shira law she could face the whip and/or imprisonment.

A sane approach or a system and people being mis led by religion.

As with any law of the land, Shira has is good and bad points - you can quite easily pull out laws from any system and say how shit they are. At what point are the people being misled ? She knew the rules, she broke them, therefore, there is a punishment. Seems pretty fair to me

You really believe that?

As it happens, it is a seven year olds bear, the Police are planning to interview him, I imagine he could also be due a good whipping under the Law "“insulting the Prophet Muhammad”, a violation of Article 125 of the Sudanese criminal law that covers insults against faith and religion". Is naming a bear an insult to Mohammed, I would hope that Mohammed would be a bit more relaxed over some pettyness.

Is that also fair justice or a criminal law?

“insulting the Prophet Muhammad”, a violation of Article 125 of the Sudanese criminal law that covers insults against faith and religion

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
ok, so, what do you mean by saying 'that's nutty even for a christian' ?

it either implies you think I am a Christian or it makes no sense because we were talking about Shira law - could you just clear this up for me ? OH GREAT ONE

surely.

christian = very nutty

'nutty for a christian' means 'that's is nutty, even if a christian were to say it'

do you see?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I can't be bothered and I am too sick to read everything here but just a question.......... what comes first.... God or the books that are attributed to him or his existence. If God then can God but be seperated from these man-made (and I mean literally man-made becuase they didn't appear on appear in a puff of smoke) documents, then is there still a possibility that God exists.

I think quoting the Bible or Quran or any other religious text to argue the existence or non existence of God is dodgy ground because then we are really discussing people's PERCEPTION of God, and then using this subjective perception to argue whether he exists or not.

Oof, that even confused me.... need to go back to bed and the night nurse..... the medicine not the pretty one at the end of the bed..... ;)

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
look, i think we can all agree that christians (however nice) are loony nutters. let's just leave it there.

mmm. warm secularism makes it all better.

ok, I see your point now.....all Christians are loonies.....why didn't you say so before ?

now off you go and remember to pick up your highland toffee and Cherry panda pop on your way home

look, i think we can all agree that christians (however nice) are loony nutters. let's just leave it there.

mmm. warm secularism makes it all better.

Cannot agree here, this is clear discrimination againgst Christians, Blair suggested and I agree that all religious people are nutters!:ban:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
ok, I see your point now.....all Christians are loonies.....why didn't you say so before ?

now off you go and remember to pick up your highland toffee and Cherry panda pop on your way home

yay! can i have sherbert spaceships too? can i, can i?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here