Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Religious People Nutters?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
everyone would agree that it's better to live your life morally. but if you are deriving your morals from a half-finished, ancient, unsubstantiated text, you're in trouble.

am I.

And who are you to decide how I live my life.

Fuckin hell...that is probably the most patronising thing I have ever seen written on here

and from one so young and immature

No, I'm just a sad lonely person who has far too much time on his hands and actually has done some degree of research into certain topics :D .

And I do have a liberal/libertarian bent with it, you may have noticed. Couple that with a job in IT and I can spend far, far too much time on t'net.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
'wearily'.......

as I put, the first commonly accepted and practiced religon. I realise that there were people about worshiping things before Chritisanity my friend.

Druidism, or worship of the Celtic gods, was the commonly accepted and practiced religion thousands of years before the arrival of the Romans on these shores. Following the Roman invasion, they introduced their own gods to this country although didn't tend to persecute Pagans on these shores. The Roman Empire didn't become Christian until the early 4th century and Christianity wouldn't have been introduced to this country at least until then and took centuries to become widespread.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Christian leaders would like us to believe that there were not any large scale accepted religions before them but this is not the case. Druidism was widely accepted as the primary moral guide (they did not worship but paid respect) in these lands for thousands of years before Christianity began fooling people and robbing them of their land.

well googled NUBBLE....(apologies if your family are from a long line of non smacking peace loving, respecting, Druids stretching back thousands of years)

My father is a christian and I tell you, he is forever going out and nicking peoples land.....he planted some trees at the back of his garden last year and he went nealy six inches over his boundary.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
which bits that were yet to be included would have helped Gaffer?

I think the one about not using guilt to procure wealth, property and sexual favours should go in the revised edition.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, I'm just a sad lonely person who has far too much time on his hands and actually has done some degree of research into certain topics :D .

And I do have a liberal/libertarian bent with it, you may have noticed. Couple that with a job in IT and I can spend far, far too much time on t'net.

fair enough..... you just come across as a very educated and erudite person that is all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
well googled NUBBLE....(apologies if your family are from a long line of non smacking peace loving, respecting, Druids stretching back thousands of years)

My father is a christian and I tell you, he is forever going out and nicking peoples land.....he planted some trees at the back of his garden lst year and he went nealy six inches over his boundary.

Rusty not reading properly again. Your father was a founding memebr of Christianity???!!!:eek::eek:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon the argument should be taken further. Belief in a supernatural deity is not only misguided, but counterproductive to a peaceful future for mankind. religious education should be excluded from all schools worldwide, and should be regarded in much the way that Mustapha Mond describes it in 'Brave New World'. If you believe in God, any god, then you are an enemy of reason. No offence, like.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i'm not telling you how to live your life. but i am warning you of where to seek the authority that does tell you how to live it.

it's not a complex point. but if you also think the earth is the centre of the universe, that adam and eve were the first humans, and that dinosaurs never walked the earth, i can see why you might be having trouble.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am educated as well David..you never give me that tone of credit?

Yes but in a previous incarnation, you subjicated me and my people for our beliefs and that we worshipped one true God, not some ramshackle bunch of Gods of wine and war n stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here