Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Religious People Nutters?

Can't recall who it is but I agree with him wholeheartedly. And quite frankly if that god DOES exists then I refuse to worship the kind of warped mind that did such a thing.

I wouldn't mind getting chained up nextdoor to you whilst I'm burning in hell. We could fit in a few intersting chats between screams I reckon.

the new testament, however is a historical document written at the time buy many people cataloging the life of a particular prophet called Jesus ( in the same way as the Koran speaks of Mohammed and Jesus also).

No reputable religious scholar would argue that the new testament was written at the time of jesus. It is generally acknowledged that the 4 gospels that we are allowe dto see, and there are more in the vatican which they refuse to publish, were written between 80 and 150 years after the alleged death of the nazarene. The only contemporary roman historian, can't recal his name offhand sorry, present in palestine at that time jesus is supposed to have been about does not mention this great king of the jews. Consdiring how much weight the bible puts on the entry into jerusalem and the like you would have thought he might get a passing mention.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
No it wasn't. There are far far older religions that were commonly practiced on these islands before the christian one arrived. For someone to suggest that all moral authority derives from religion is as non-sensical as for those who deny that religion has a moral foundation. Of course most religions have a moral foundation, thing is god does not exist and was invented by man to give him some reason to live.

There's someone on this board who has as his sig a comment about not being able to believe in a compasionate and loving god who created all things when he created a wasp whose sole purpose in life is to lay grubs inside the body of a living caterpillar. Can't recall who it is but I agree with him wholeheartedly. And quite frankly if that god DOES exists then I refuse to worship the kind of warped mind that did such a thing.

'wearily'.......

as I put, the first commonly accepted and practiced religon. I realise that there were people about worshiping things before Chritisanity my friend.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Crikey..all the big players are in on this one...will it get anywhere? A bit like stuffing the midfield with Gerrard, Lampard and Barry and hoping for the best!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I wouldn't mind getting chained up nextdoor to you whilst I'm burning in hell. We could fit in a few intersting chats between screams I reckon.

I believe that part and parcel of Hell, is having your own personal, never ending Hell....

if the cap fits....

This is another problem I have with your god, and all the others tbh. I can live a good life causing minimal suffering to all sentient beings around me but because I don't believe in him I go to hell. thatcher and bush and bliar can lie, cheat and decieve their way through their lives but if they repent their sins at the end they get to heaven. Can't be doing with that kind of double standrads, sorry.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No reputable religious scholar would argue that the new testament was written at the time of jesus. It is generally acknowledged that the 4 gospels that we are allowe dto see, and there are more in the vatican which they refuse to publish, were written between 80 and 150 years after the alleged death of the nazarene. The only contemporary roman historian, can't recal his name offhand sorry, present in palestine at that time jesus is supposed to have been about does not mention this great king of the jews. Consdiring how much weight the bible puts on the entry into jerusalem and the like you would have thought he might get a passing mention.

Are you sure? St Paul was forever pissing off the Corinthians with a list of can and can't dos only a few years after Jesus popped his clogs.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I stand corrected.

You really are a very clever person. I note that you have excellent opinions on everything that appears on here.

What exactly do you do as a job?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
'wearily'.......

as I put, the first commonly accepted and practiced religon. I realise that there were people about worshiping things before Chritisanity my friend.

Christian leaders would like us to believe that there were not any large scale accepted religions before them but this is not the case. Druidism was widely accepted as the primary moral guide (they did not worship but paid respect) in these lands for thousands of years before Christianity began fooling people and robbing them of their land.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Crikey..all the big players are in on this one...will it get anywhere? A bit like stuffing the midfield with Gerrard, Lampard and Barry and hoping for the best!

Nahh....we're missing MoH. A sometimes lazy but always entertaining player who can, at a stroke, switch play to dogs in ladies underwear, A mercurial genius some days an arsey opinionated fucker the next. A Ginola or Di Canio if you will.

This is another problem I have with your god, and all the others tbh. I can live a good life causing minimal suffering to all sentient beings around me but because I don't believe in him I go to hell. thatcher and bush and bliar can lie, cheat and decieve their way through their lives but if they repent their sins at the end they get to heaven. Can't be doing with that kind of double standrads, sorry.

"My god"? :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: My god eminates from Lewes my friend and I worship him frequently. :drink::drink::drink:

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Nahh....we're missing MoH. A sometimes lazy but always entertaining player who can, at a stroke, switch play to dogs in ladies underwear, A mercurial genius some days an arsey opinionated fucker the next. A Ginola or Di Canio if you will.

and I replied to gaffers post thinking he was enquiring after your job...

:jester:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
because some people believe that it is best to live your life morally than others. What is so wrong with that?

everyone would agree that it's better to live your life morally. but if you are deriving your morals from a half-finished, ancient, unsubstantiated text, you're in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here