Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody else having a truly woeful 2012?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This thread has taken an interesting turn. For what it's worth, I'm personally not the type of guy to let things get me down, anyone who knows me will hopefully testify that I focus on the good things about anything rather than the bad, but you wouldn't be human if things didn't get to you occasionally. People have said the standard "there are always people who have it worse than you" and of course that is true but also incredibly mundane and meaningless.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is true, but didn't Einstein also say "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So stop judging US by his ability to get a job, and celebrate the things he is good at. This is a guy who has helped raise thousands of pounds for a local charity, has jumped from a plane, is writing a book on his favourite subject and has appeared on Mastermind. To suggest he's 'done nothing' is not fair.

I would genuinely be proud to have any of those things said about me..................... :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is true, but didn't Einstein also say "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So stop judging US by his ability to get a job, and celebrate the things he is good at. This is a guy who has helped raise thousands of pounds for a local charity, has jumped from a plane, is writing a book on his favourite subject and has appeared on Mastermind. To suggest he's 'done nothing' is not fair.

Very good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would genuinely be proud to have any of those things said about me..................... :thumbsup:

He is taking the piss, as usual. He despises me with a passion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolutely not. I barely know you.

My point is simply that some people achieve a lot in life outside of career / money / material things, and that this should be celebrated too. I'd love to have the time, energy and application to write a book. Seriously, I would.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Knowing the work you have done for REMF and the sage advice (horses apart but we are all permitted a weakness) you give on here I am sure not. The older you get the less important the views of others are. It's the person you know yourself to be that counts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? As a CHUM of both of you, I thought he was being genuine. ???

You DID raise ££££ for REMF
You ARE doing a project on Spielberg (ok, not a book)
You ARE applying for Mastermind

Isn't that true?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eh? As a CHUM of both of you, I thought he was being genuine. ???

You DID raise ££££ for REMF
You ARE doing a project on Spielberg (ok, not a book)
You ARE applying for Mastermind

Isn't that true?

You know as well as I did he was taking the piss. He despises me for some reason.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bad start to the year. My Mum died at the relatively young age of 64. Found out my Girlfriend had been cheating on me while I was visiting my dying mother. Decided to f*** off all the negative things in my life, it's too f***ing short. Decided to follow what I have been wanting to do for ages. Got shot of crap girlfriend, moved to a place I love and started again. Am now loving my life and all in the space of 3 months. Just wish my Mum had been around to see it but she made it happen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am genuinely pleased some folk are doing well. There are a lot of people on here who deserve good fortune. I hope things continue to improve for people and if not try to keep going.

Bad start to the year. My Mum died at the relatively young age of 64. Found out my Girlfriend had been cheating on me while I was visiting my dying mother. Decided to f*** off all the negative things in my life, it's too f***ing short. Decided to follow what I have been wanting to do for ages. Got shot of crap girlfriend, moved to a place I love and started again. Am now loving my life and all in the space of 3 months. Just wish my Mum had been around to see it but she made it happen.

Good for you Nibble, it would have been easy to wallow in self pity as many people seem to do these days.

(And sorry to hear about your mum)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

good for you mate!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Well done Nibble. That is great.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You know as well as I did he was taking the piss. He despises me for some reason.

This is EXACTLY why some people find you difficult, US. You see the negative in everything.

As I said - celebrate your life's achievements and experiences, rather than dwelling on money / career / etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here