Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody else having a truly woeful 2012?

Stumpy Tim

Perfect ... so you are doing fine therefore you can't see the issues that others may have. It might be different if one or both your children were in bad health, you'd lost your job or you hadn't spent 3 weeks in Rio. There are those that are suffering with issues not of their own making and that have no resolution and I for one have a great deal of empathy for them, having experienced real suffering first hand this year. I'd be truly ashamed of myself to support such views but go ahead and enjoy your next holiday!

Exactly the sort of response I was expecting from someone - one that completely misses the point I was making, and instead focused on me saying 2012 has been a good year personally. You come across as a very bitter person.

I have a friend whose son was diagnosed with leukaemia last year. He never moaned, never complained and took the positives. He's had an opportunity to spend a year with his son, getting to know each other better than they would otherwise. He's an inspiration. There's also thousands of soldiers putting their lives on the line for you and me.

So excuse me for having no pity for the "my jobs shit, so 2012 is crap" brigade. There are plenty of people in far worse situations but get on with life with a positive attitude

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
What a bunch of miserable fuckers there are around - I think some people just like to wallow on self-pity, and then get stuck in a rut. It's funny how those with a positive attitude tend to be happy and more successful.

Personally 2012 has been a great year. My two kids are healthy and happy, I spent 3 weeks in Rio, my new job is going really well and I'm enjoying it, and now the sun's out. Football is great too, but that's really a small part of life.

Oh and I'm not a Tory, so [MENTION=21730]Medwayseagull[/MENTION] - it's nothing to do with politics

I am glad all your family are well, hope nothing happens to your kids, also hope you dont end up having open heart surgery (like me ) also glad you can afford a holiday (6months off work on ssp has used all my savings ) so if i come across as a misrable fucker SOD YOU I DONT CARE

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Exactly the sort of response I was expecting from someone - one that completely misses the point I was making, and instead focused on me saying 2012 has been a good year personally. You come across as a very bitter person.

I have a friend whose son was diagnosed with leukaemia last year. He never moaned, never complained and took the positives. He's had an opportunity to spend a year with his son, getting to know each other better than they would otherwise. He's an inspiration. There's also thousands of soldiers putting their lives on the line for you and me.

So excuse me for having no pity for the "my jobs shit, so 2012 is crap" brigade. There are plenty of people in far worse situations but get on with life with a positive attitude

I'm not bitter in the slightest ... is it a crap year for me? Yes it is, Have you any comprehension why? No.

I'm sure if you asked your friend if it was a crap year for him he'd absolutely agree ... the fact that he doesn't moan about it (and nor am I by the way - just stating a fact) doesn't mean to say he's not totally screwed up inside, wishing he could trade places etc.

I have also completed active service so I guess I've put my life on the line too

You have no appreciation at all for the pain and suffering that some go through, and each copes differently, better or worse to their particular situation ... yet you find it quite OK to spout your rubbish in complete ignorance ... go ahead, I find such an attitude to the difficulty of others quite loathsome but I doubt you're alone

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What a bunch of miserable fuckers there are around - I think some people just like to wallow on self-pity, and then get stuck in a rut. It's funny how those with a positive attitude tend to be happy and more successful.

Personally 2012 has been a great year. My two kids are healthy and happy, I spent 3 weeks in Rio, my new job is going really well and I'm enjoying it, and now the sun's out. Football is great too, but that's really a small part of life.

Oh and I'm not a Tory, so [MENTION=21730]Medwayseagull[/MENTION] - it's nothing to do with politics

What he said. I'm having a fantastic year, despite some pretty tough things going on. If you don't like something in your life, change it. You cant change everything, but you can change a lot of things It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. The positive attitude thing is true, definitely.

Perfect ... so you are doing fine therefore you can't see the issues that others may have. It might be different if one or both your children were in bad health, you'd lost your job or you hadn't spent 3 weeks in Rio. There are those that are suffering with issues not of their own making and that have no resolution and I for one have a great deal of empathy for them, having experienced real suffering first hand this year. I'd be truly ashamed of myself to support such views but go ahead and enjoy your next holiday!

The question was "Is anybody else having a truly awful 2012?". So because Tim answered "No" instead of "Yes", he is suddenly the root of all evil. Are people only allowed to respond if they are also having a shit year then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What he said. I'm having a fantastic year, despite some pretty tough things going on. If you don't like something in your life, change it. You cant change everything, but you can change a lot of things It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. The positive attitude thing is true, definitely.

The question was "Is anybody else having a truly awful 2012?". So because Tim answered "No" instead of "Yes", he is suddenly the root of all evil. Are people only allowed to respond if they are also having a shit year then?

Not at all I genuinely wish everyone has a great year, a great life. Of course it doesn't work like that and we'll all hit a few potholes along the way. Some will face worse, much worse, it's a fact, thankfully affecting a minority.

It's good that people do well and if he wants to come on here and say so that's all fine by me, it's good to hear good news and
it's good that he's doing well but to come on here and say "What a bunch of miserable fuckers there are around - I think some people just like to wallow on self-pity, and then get stuck in a rut. It's funny how those with a positive attitude tend to be happy and more successful" without understanding the context of why anyone is going through a bad time is offensive to me. I thought I was being pretty clear, maybe not

Oh and if you look at my original response to the OP I said there that he should stay positive ... of course that's needed but it will never remove the root cause of the problem ... it's there despite all the positives you can muster

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

anybody can answer the question with a positive or a negative response however i do object to being called a " miserable fucker" (his words ) because i have not had a fantastic year ,and as i sit here typing this I am in constant pain (still its ok for him to call me names )
ps please tell me how i can change this

Last edited:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I find this thread very ironic. Here you guys are complaining about miserable and low you are feeling and are now having a pop at one another making yourselves feel, well, miserable and low…

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
anybody can answer the question with a positive or a negative response however i do object to being called a " miserable fucker" (his words ) because i have not had a fantastic year ,and as i sit here typing this I am in constant pain (still its ok for him to call me names )
ps please tell me how i can change this

Mindfulness meditation - seriously, try it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2008 - shit
2009 - shittier
2010 - really shit
2011 - still shit
2012 - shit

After a while you just get used to shit. :down:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Well done Tim. Good on you.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I find this thread very ironic. Here you guys are complaining about miserable and low you are feeling and are now having a pop at one another making yourselves feel, well, miserable and low…

Mate I'm not miserable and low by any means. But it's a good point so will close the thread

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

Attachments

• 03122009070.jpg
    03122009070.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 03122009069.jpg
    03122009069.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 39
  • 03122009068.jpg
    03122009068.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 03122009065.jpg
    03122009065.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 39

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Or you could do something about it.

So you assume I have tried to do nothing about it ? FFS ! You really know nothing. Please do not reply as this is a sore point and I don't want an argument with you over this. Please just for once respect this. Thanks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had a dreadful 2009, 2010 was a bit better (third child came along in November), but I had a great 2011 and I'm really enjoying 2012 even more. Can't wait for the Olympics to start!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here