Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anybody else having a truly woeful 2012?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well, first five months were pretty crap, battling away in a woefull relationship.

Then I had the courage to call it off.......so things are kind of on the up:) Though I don't think she will give up.....

Its only been the Albion and friends who have kept me sane...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Well, first five months were pretty crap, battling away in a woefull relationship.

Then I had the courage to call it off.......so things are kind of on the up:) Though I don't think she will give up.....

Its only been the Albion and friends who have kept me sane...

only Albion and friends - what more could a man want?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife and my three children are all healthy.
f***ing excellant year.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Had a great year so far personally, family all fit & healthy and have so much work on been working every day for the last few months and off on holiday soon so life's good and the best year I've had for quite a while.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I had a water fight in the garden with my kids and their mates, totally soaked the little fuckers and let them get me back.
A wonderful half hour and kids went to bed talking about it. Its the little things that make you happy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You're absolutely right. Society would be much better off if people walked around ignoring any problems they might have and pretended everything was perfect, brilliant and simple all the time. A little bit of reality is such a bad thing.

Some of what's been posted in this thread is fantastic. Nobody who was said this year isn't going too well is blaming anything, nobody (to me, atleast) has come across as defeatist or thinking the world owes them something, but then there are people who are slagging others off for saying this year isn't going too well. In my case, the year isn't going too well, that's the reality of it. But it doesn't mean I'm not trying to change it and it certainly doesn't mean I'm wallowing in the crapness bogging down my life at the moment. People are so quick to jump to the conclusion that other people are just moaning for the sake of it and not doing something about it. Those are the people who don't realise it's not as simple as, "you're not employed? Just get a job, simple". It isn't.

Self esteem, willing to find a job, participate in society is about getting up, being dynamic and getting involved and very much a personal thing.

The fact that people wine, moan and say I feel bad is much to do with their personal problems that can easily be resolved but normally blamed on everyone else. You have to accept you are accountable for what you do and how you act, far to often in the current climate people just take the easy cop out and blame society which is total bollox. Is it society that is at fault because someone is a fat person ? No the problem is simple they eat too much so stop f***ing eating.

I have half a mind to apologise but f*** it, you have to take responsibility and seldom do people do this they just blame society amongst other things for their problems.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Self esteem, willing to find a job, participate in society is about getting up, being dynamic and getting involved and very much a personal thing.

The fact that people wine, moan and say I feel bad is much to do with their personal problems that can easily be resolved but normally blamed on everyone else. You have to accept you are accountable for what you do and how you act, far to often in the current climate people just take the easy cop out and blame society which is total bollox. Is it society that is at fault because someone is a fat person ? No the problem is simple they eat too much so stop f***ing eating.

I have half a mind to apologise but f*** it, you have to take responsibility and seldom do people do this they just blame society amongst other things for their problems.

I agree, far too many people don't take responsibility for themselves. I'm not one of those people, I'm just saying, it's been a pretty poor year for me so far and others have had a similar year to date too, but nobody has blamed society yet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is the first year for over five years where I am looking towards the future. I had been suffering from severe depression for longer than I care to remember and finally things seem to be fitting in to place. In the space of 4 years, I have gone from being knee deep in the Thames to building a future for myself.

Gone are the days when it hurt waking up. I've taught myself not to dwell on the general bollocks that life throws at you. Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest of the lot. There is, generally, always an answer out there to whatever predicament one faces.

Obviously health issues are uncontrollable and kudos to those that face daily battles when it feels easier to give in.

Don't EVER let the bastards grind you down.

NB That was not meant to belittle NE's protestations that his year has been poor. One must find the courage and energy to get going again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have done none of that. It was posted by someone with a grudge against me to make me feel like shit as though my life is worthless so don't feel bad mate as I have done f*** all.

Less of the false modesty.

You HAVE helped raise thousands for REMF.
You've told us you are writing a book on Spielberg, and that you are applying to Mastermind. Not sure what the score is with the parachute jump you were raising sponsorship for. It's great that you have the determination to take this stuff on. Most of us just dream about doing things like that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This is the first year for over five years where I am looking towards the future. I had been suffering from severe depression for longer than I care to remember and finally things seem to be fitting in to place. In the space of 4 years, I have gone from being knee deep in the Thames to building a future for myself.

Gone are the days when it hurt waking up. I've taught myself not to dwell on the general bollocks that life throws at you. Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest of the lot. There is, generally, always an answer out there to whatever predicament one faces.

Obviously health issues are uncontrollable and kudos to those that face daily battles when it feels easier to give in.

Don't EVER let the bastards grind you down.

NB That was not meant to belittle NE's protestations that his year has been poor. One must find the courage and energy to get going again.

Top man BoF.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Was in the end phase of a truly abusive relationship with a vicious, manipulative woman at the start of the year, but managed to get my way out of it, although it was hard at the time. Started a new job in April, made a conscious decision to eat better and get fitter, things gradually improved. Met a nice friendly lady a few months ago, she has restored my faith in womankind....and the weather has been good this week, swimming in the sea is a joy. As many have said, the small things are important. Every night before I go to sleep i remind myself of the good things I have done during the day, and it really helps to keep me feeling positive.

Incidentally, when I was feeling very low, I appealed for advice on here, and I got a lot of very helpful, constructive support from many contributors here, and that was a real turning point for me. So thanks to all those who took the time to offer wise words, they really did help. NSC can be a wonderful place sometimes !

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Every night before I go to sleep i remind myself of the good things I have done during the day, and it really helps to keep me feeling positive.

I remind myself I am not Chris Moyles. It's amazing how positive and good I then feel about myself.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

I was trying to think of this quote - thank you, you have saved me from driving myself mad all day.

And this, is spot on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here