Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Agree but it's a bit late now I think - the NSC saboteurs appeared to have successfully sabotaged their own plan and the appeals committee will surely ignore any 'dubious' appeal letters/emails. It won't take Sherlock Bones to lead them back to this very website I wouldn't have thought.

The OP should edit the title to something else.

the official 2009 Homosexual comming out thread, maybe?:laugh:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Isn't this all a bit pathetic? Can't we just let it go now. Yes De Vecchi and FPC caused the stadium to be delayed and and indirectly more then tripled the original cost. But its being built now and it hasn't cost anyone on here any cash. De Vecchi represented the wishes and opinions of her parish they didn't want a stadium on there doorstep.Some of them have lived in Falmer all there lives. Falmer is a suburb of Brighton therefore they are Brightonians trying to protect what they thought either rightly or wrongly was the heritage of thier local community. Trying to jaundice or interfere with a planning application that has nothing to do with anyone other than those who live in Lewes entices the thought that the actions of De Vecchi and co had a profound effect on some people. When really we should just concentrate on supporting the Albion at Falmer which we won the right to build and play in.We are all entitled to try and maintain the local environment we have grown up in and come to love.

What a load of sh1t. Presumably aimed at getting a reaction??

Falmer is split in two by the A27, and over run by students. Not to mention all the terrible looking buildings there already. I mean be serious, Falmer was always the best place for the ground imo, and It isn't exactly an unspoiled setting is it????

I've no idea what the people who objected really had on their minds, or what their hidden agenda was, but to me it was nonsence and I'll never support these people who may claim to be looking after the interests of the community.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

What a load of sh1t. Presumably aimed at getting a reaction??

Falmer is split in two by the A27, and over run by students. Not to mention all the terrible looking buildings there already. I mean be serious, Falmer was always the best place for the ground imo, and It isn't exactly an unspoiled setting is it????

I've no idea what the people who objected really had on their minds, or what their hidden agenda was, but to me it was nonsence and I'll never support these people who may claim to be looking after the interests of the community.

I am saying it isn't the right place. I am saying we all have the right democratic or otherwise to want to try and protect our local environment from change.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I am saying it isn't the right place. I am saying we all have the right democratic or otherwise to want to try and protect our local environment from change.

Which is exactly what we are doing. :facepalm:

De Vecchi represented the wishes and opinions of her parish they didn't want a stadium on there doorstep.
No she didn't. Her "parish" is Lewes - the place where THOUSANDS of local residents signed a petition demanding that she withdrew her objection to the stadium.

She decided to take no notice of this, of course.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007

But you only need to walk off a train to realise that Falmer is already not that great to look at. That was what galled me about the whole thing. It's not like the plans were for building in the middle of Steyning town or some leafy place.

I think the sh1t that Lewes council caused was pretty poor - spending tax payers money which I suspect most of Lewes did not want. Infact, I'm shocked the Liberals were voted back in at all, then at least you could say that was true democracy to kick them out.

Wasn't it just a small slice of the new stadium that they had any jurisdiction over anyway?

Seriously imo I don't think very highly at all of these people and though it sounds nasty, I hope they all get as much grief in this sort of thing as possible.

D

Deleted User X18H

No she didn't. Her "parish" is Lewes - the place where THOUSANDS of local residents signed a petition demanding that she withdrew her objection to the stadium.

She decided to take no notice of this, of course.

To be honest I have proably confused her with Melainie Cuttress. But why not just gloat that although Lewes DC and Falmer PC won a few battles the Albion and its supporters won the war. Leave it at that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How difficult can it be to remember the difference between cuttress the leader of Falmer parish council and the fragrant Ms DeVecchi who is leader of Lewes District Council?

Once again Tim demonstrates to knowing very little about the fortunes of the football club that he writes about.

Now has anybody worked out the integrated travel plan for the workers to attend the installation of thos monstrosity?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be honest I have proably confused her with Melainie Cuttress. But why not just gloat that although Lewes DC and Falmer PC won a few battles the Albion and its supporters won the war. Leave it at that.
You must appreciate the irony of this situation though.....besides many of the objections quoted seem perfectly reasonable to me, and surely this is just part of the planning process?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

No, don't leave it at that. I'm sure you can do a piece on it in your bog - sorry, blog - in the Anus.

D

Deleted User X18H

How difficult can it be to remember the difference between cuttress the leader of Falmer parish council and the fragrant Ms DeVecchi who is leader of Lewes District Council?

Once again Tim demonstrates to knowing very little about the fortunes of the football club that he writes about.

Now has anybody worked out the integrated travel plan for the workers to attend the installation of thos monstrosity?

I don't really think confusing the leader of LDC and FPC demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the Albion. But hey, go ahead make an objection let De Vecchi know how much her and her cronies are still loathed and despised and how much every Albion fan still thinks about her constantly, and a way to execute revenge. Really bolster her ego. Let them all laugh in the council chamber when her relatives planning application is granted despite numerous objections from horrible, thuggish, retribution seeking football fans her and her supporters think we all are.

Or, just let it go

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
put in my objection - surely the planning commitee will have to take into account all objections even if a lot of them are from BHAFC fans.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
I don't really think confusing the leader of LDC and FPC demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the Albion. But hey, go ahead make an objection let De Vecchi know how much her and her cronies are still loathed and despised and how much every Albion fan still thinks about her constantly, and a way to execute revenge. Really bolster her ego. Let them all laugh in the council chamber when her relatives planning application is granted despite numerous objections from horrible, thuggish, retribution seeking football fans her and her supporters think we all are.

Or, just let it go
Why "her relatives planning application"? It's her house, it's where she lives.:US:

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd have a little more sympathy with this point if her friends at LDC hadn't spent months trying to get Roz imprisoned for designing a poster campaigning for the stadium. If you are looking for horrible, thuggish, retribution seeking behaviour, look no further than the de Vecchi household.

Yes that was a disgusting action and is unforgivable. But surely trying to get a planning application 'kicked out' solely because you don't like a relative of the the person making the application is not necessary when the entire reasoning behind the dislike has eventually worked in your favour.

Yes that was a disgusting action and is unforgivable. But surely trying to get a planning application 'kicked out' solely because you don't like a relative of the the person making the application is not necessary when the entire reasoning behind the dislike has eventually worked in your favour.
I've not commented here about the planning application.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ultimately, when a cause unites Lord Bracknell and looney quite as vehimently as this, it is obvious that it is a cause worth persuing.

f*** the DeVeccis. I hope this NSC sabotage costs them dearly in terms of time and money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here