Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think them things stuck on her roof will look a right eyesore from my seat at Falmer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I just tried to leave my comment and got an on-screen message to say that I or someone else had already submitted an e-mail from the same e-mail sccount as mine. This e-mail was sent at 20.19 , 3 minutes from now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This was my comment : Solar panels on the roof of a listed building which is also in a conservation area is totally out of character and would be setting a precedent in a town that prides itself in its historical heritage.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Isn't this all a bit pathetic? Can't we just let it go now. Yes De Vecchi and FPC caused the stadium to be delayed and and indirectly more then tripled the original cost. But its being built now and it hasn't cost anyone on here any cash. De Vecchi represented the wishes and opinions of her parish they didn't want a stadium on there doorstep.Some of them have lived in Falmer all there lives. Falmer is a suburb of Brighton therefore they are Brightonians trying to protect what they thought either rightly or wrongly was the heritage of thier local community. Trying to jaundice or interfere with a planning application that has nothing to do with anyone other than those who live in Lewes entices the thought that the actions of De Vecchi and co had a profound effect on some people. When really we should just concentrate on supporting the Albion at Falmer which we won the right to build and play in.We are all entitled to try and maintain the local environment we have grown up in and come to love.

I really do not want to take up an argument against a regular poster, and a fellow Hoveite........BUT

This woman banned both the public and local media from what should have been ordinary council meetings in the hope that they could delay, yet again, a planning application that had previously been approved, at a public enquiry, by a minister of state!

And you think we should let that lie.......?

It will take a long time to regain the respect you have lost this evening.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh stop moaning, HB&B, at the end of the day this is just a few people trying to have a laugh at the expense of someone who has caused the Albion no end of grief. Most of us don't actually care if she gets permission or not, it's just a bit of momentary amusement. If it delays things for her, all the funnier.

No need to be quite so sanctimonious about it. Personally I hope someone's keeping an eye out for any planning applications from theBaker household too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh stop moaning, HB&B, at the end of the day this is just a few people trying to have a laugh at the expense of someone who has caused the Albion no end of grief. Most of us don't actually care if she gets permission or not, it's just a bit of momentary amusement. If it delays things for her, all the funnier.

No need to be quite so sanctimonious about it. Personally I hope someone's keeping an eye out for any planning applications from theBaker household too.
Baker (& Cuttress for that matter) were only doing what they were entitled to do. DeVecci on the other hand, was a nasty, bullying, spiteful little bitch who abused her power to absurd lengths.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Baker (& Cuttress for that matter) were only doing what they were entitled to do. DeVecci on the other hand, was a nasty, bullying, spiteful little bitch who abused her power to absurd lengths.

I must admit, I just don't get why some people (including DeVecci) were so against it - because Falmer really isn't all that imo - (I spent 3 years at Sussex Uni going to Falmer daily, so know the place well). Maybe I'm biased, but you do wonder what their intentions really were.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
HB&B, what are you on? Surely you understand why there is so much spite towards that woman. Her behaviour during the Falmer Stadium campaign was a disgrace, it is well documented. She is a bitter person, with her own agenda, like so many in the political arena, wants it her way or no way. The lies, the subterfuge, the blocking of information, undemocratic actions, she deserves nothing less.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Hove born and bred,

I'm sorry - but I totally disagree with you.

This is not childish - this is a chance to dish out some of the treatment we got from that scum in LDC and Falmer Parish. Or did it not bother you when every dirty trick in the book was used by said LDC to kill our club?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good grief HB&B !!!! I usually think you get a lot of crap undeservadly but in this case .... well .... unbelievable :facepalm:

If LDC and FPC had fought a good clean fight then I might support your point of view but please remember the lies and misinformation they used. Also, when LDC realised it was losing the battle it started meeting behind closed doors.

This particular piece of insignificant carbon matter deserves everything she gets. :censored::censored::censored:

D

Deleted User X18H

Ok fair enough if people still feel this much hatred and contempt towards De Vecchi (and obviously they do) then of course do the utmost to disrupt it.

However in my opinion the Albion beat De Vecchi and insufferable cronies and I think more about the dog shit in Preston Park than I do about her and them. I do still think those living in Falmer had the right to try and defend thier environment though,if they thought they had the right to do so. Soon De Veechi (didn't she hyphenate her name at one point?) will realise how much she is still hated by Albion fans. How much the Albion may be reliant on LDC in future remains to be seen, maybe not at all. But with the geographical positioning of Falmer as it is and as Martin Perry once said all 'sides' now need to put the past aside and work together.(or something like that.)

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Still not working here is what I am trying to post.

I am somewhat surprised that an application of this manner is being made for a Listed Building within our historic and picturesque County town of Lewes. Though the application should be applauded for the desire to convert to green energy, I do not feel that this is the right way to go on this occasion. By granting this application you risk setting a precedent that could see the roof-line of Lewes changed for ever. Not only will this effect local residents, it will also risk damaging the important tourist trade. Will people want to come and look at buildings with great historic value if those buildings have the scars of solar panels on their roofs? Lewes in the past has often been criticised for the way in which it prided itself on not allowing anything to distract from its historic and picturesque character. I ask that you do not take the first step in changing that stance since it is that stance that has made Lewes the enjoyable place to visit that it is.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to object to Planning Application LW/09/1200 - Installation of eight x photo-voltaic panels in roof valley on south facing roof slope at 47 Southover High Street, Lewes.

After recent run in's in the past with the propriortor, I have been told by Mrs Smythe at number 45 Southover High Street, that there has been a lot of abnormal activity going on at number 47. Lots of dodgy looking people have been delivering goods out of the back of their transit vans, and it turns out that the eight photo-voltaic panels are being used to power a huge nuclear warhead designed to take out the city of London, so that Lewes once again becomes the centre of the world.

I urge you to reject any planning permission as the city of London is needed for me to carry on watching the popular soap Eastenders.

Regards

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ok fair enough if people still feel this much hatred and contempt towards De Vecchi (and obviously they do) then of course do the utmost to disrupt it.

However in my opinion the Albion beat De Vecchi and insufferable cronies and I think more about the dog shit in Preston Park than I do about her and them. I do still think those living in Falmer had the right to try and defend thier environment though,if they thought they had the right to do so. Soon De Veechi (didn't she hyphenate her name at one point?) will realise how much she is still hated by Albion fans. How much the Albion may be reliant on LDC in future remains to be seen, maybe not at all. But with the geographical positioning of Falmer as it is and as Martin Perry once said all 'sides' now need to put the past aside and work together.(or something like that.)

You still don't get it do you?

LDC, FPC, the CPRE, Sussex Downsmen and The Regency Society all tried to destroy our football club-at the forefront was this awful woman, along with Cuttress and Pepper. In particular, De Vechi was especially conniving and deserves everything coming her way in this and any future planning application.

Put aside the past and work together? You mean like they did recently when the club's last planning application was met with their customary opposition? It was their disgraceful delaying tactics that led to changes being compulsory-not to mention untold years of floundering in the wet at Withdean and all of the millions her actions have cost us all.

De Vechi, Cuttress and all of their cronies are as deserving of our contempt and anger as Stanley, Archer and Bellotti-maybe you'd like to forgive them too while you're at it?

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to object to Planning Application LW/09/1200 - Installation of eight x photo-voltaic panels in roof valley on south facing roof slope at 47 Southover High Street, Lewes.

After recent run in's in the past with the propriortor, I have been told by Mrs Smythe at number 45 Southover High Street, that there has been a lot of abnormal activity going on at number 47. Lots of dodgy looking people have been delivering goods out of the back of their transit vans, and it turns out that the eight photo-voltaic panels are being used to power a huge nuclear warhead designed to take out the city of London, so that Lewes once again becomes the centre of the world.

I urge you to reject any planning permission as the city of London is needed for me to carry on watching the popular soap Eastenders.

Regards

:laugh:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You still don't get it do you?

LDC, FPC, the CPRE, Sussex Downsmen and The Regency Society all tried to destroy our football club-at the forefront was this awful woman, along with Cuttress and Pepper. In particular, De Vechi was especially conniving and deserves everything coming her way in this and any future planning application.

Put aside the past and work together? You mean like they did recently when the club's last planning application was met with their customary opposition? It was their disgraceful delaying tactics that led to changes being compulsory-not to mention untold years of floundering in the wet at Withdean and all of the millions her actions have cost us all.

De Vechi, Cuttress and all of their cronies are as deserving of our contempt and anger as Stanley, Archer and Bellotti-maybe you'd like to forgive them too while you're at it?
Serious question,Did they actively set out to destroy the albion ?or are you just using that as a term for having an objection to the stadium being built ?

Serious question,Did they actively set out to destroy the albion ?or are you just using that as a term for having an objection to the stadium being built ?

They set out to destroy the club. They undertook stalling tactics, even after permission had been granted (the challenge was purely on a technicality, they had no chance of winning, but it served to delay the process further), in the hope that the club would run out of money and fold, removing the need for the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here