Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

Oct 25, 2003
i'm not opposed to the 'solar panels' in theory, i just don't want it at that site......and i feel that the council have failed to properly search for alternate sites for ms devecchi's house

for example, have they considered basra?

no, no they haven't, they've just gone for the cheapest option

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
On the alternative sites side of things are there no outbuildings that the panels could be installed upon? Could they not be discretely located within a roof valley etc...

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
You still don't get it do you?

LDC, FPC, the CPRE, Sussex Downsmen and The Regency Society all tried to destroy our football club-at the forefront was this awful woman, along with Cuttress and Pepper. In particular, De Vechi was especially conniving and deserves everything coming her way in this and any future planning application.

Put aside the past and work together? You mean like they did recently when the club's last planning application was met with their customary opposition? It was their disgraceful delaying tactics that led to changes being compulsory-not to mention untold years of floundering in the wet at Withdean and all of the millions her actions have cost us all.

De Vechi, Cuttress and all of their cronies are as deserving of our contempt and anger as Stanley, Archer and Bellotti-maybe you'd like to forgive them too while you're at it?
Actually I had no problem with FPC objecting to the application - it's a big thing and it's on their doorstep, of course they're going to object. I also expected resistance from the likes of the CPRE and the Downsmen because they're groups who consistently oppose anything like this to try and preserve their vision of England in the 1930s. It's like the opposition keeping the ball in the corner at 1-0 up at 89 minutes - you don't like to see it but you can understand why they do it.

In all that went on my REAL problem was with LDC, De Vecchi and Norman Baker. Their opposition was hard to fathom, especially after they said so clearly that they would respect the findings of the public enquiry (until they heard the verdict that is). Then their absolute disrepect for the wishes of their constituents and using every means possible to prevent anyone knowing about what they were doing, how much they were spending, etc smacks more of corruption than democracy. They didn't just try a sneaky dive in the box, they also tried to bribe the ref, linesmen and the 4th official.

Anything, ANYTHING, that makes the lives of these people even the tiniest bit less convenient should be welcomed and this is too good an opportunity to miss.

Oh, and does anyone have David Bellotti's current address as I haven't yet sent my Crimbo card

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's like the opposition keeping the ball in the corner at 1-0 up at 89 minutes - you don't like to see it but you can understand why they do it.

More like from the 1st minute and keeping it their for 89 plus :nono:

How many objections do you need before it has to be referred or delayed for a higher committe.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Then their absolute disrepect for the wishes of their constituents and using every means possible to prevent anyone knowing about what they were doing, how much they were spending, etc smacks more of corruption than democracy.

I'd love there to be an enquiry about how they conducted themselves at LDC and use of tax payers money to see what an independant thinks, coz it was all very strange behaviour imo...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It depends on whether you believe that was the sole intention of Lewes Council! I still believe there was a element of revenge by the Liberal council for the manner in which Bellotti was previously and rightly castigated by supporters of the club. They used all legitimate means to try and stop the plans and ignored the benefits to the community which included parts of their constituency.

Without naming names a big factor was ADV's personal dislike of John Prescott. I think if someone else appointed in the Labour Government had not sought to go against the Inspector's decision then things just might have been different.

Bellotti is not exactly popular in the LD's locally.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sent mine.:clap2:

I have some friends stateside who like a good complain, would letters by them be valid?:laugh:

Yes , if they particularly mention the tourist trade from North America that visit places of historical interest on their itinerary.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Website is well & truly down at the moment.
Will definately try again tomorrow.
I urge everyone to do the same & reap mucho misery on DeVecchi - nothing better than sweet revenge for the misery heaped on us Albion supporters over the past few years.
:falmer::falmer::falmer:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Today's printed Argus has article about Albion fans opposition. Quotes from NSC posters.

:ohmy: The ArseGas getting a story from NSC? They'd never do that surely?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think the council are allowed to consider the motivation for the objection, just the validity of the objection itself. So as far as I am aware, they will need to consider each objection on its own merits and cannot simply dismiss them all as being part of a campaign. A campaign is (except in Lewes when it involved this lady) entirely legitimate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here