Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Whilst not a local resident, I will have occasion to visit this area and will certainly be visiting the nearby Swan public house every other Saturday during the football season, before going to watch Brighton and Hove Albion, who will finally be playing at their new stadium, after many years of petty objections.

I feel this development is totally inappropriate for a conservation area. It's lovely part of the town and I'd hate to see it spoiled in anyway."

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Think this is an appropriate time for me to make my first post... I can't wait for that server to be back up, this is bloody brilliant!!
:wave:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
not that comfy deriving pleasure from the pending misfortune of another,but in this case heres to all the deceased brighton supporters whom have been denied thier chance to watch thier team play at falmer by the utter pigheadedness and now it seems double standard its ok for me though fugurchins who by thier actions held up developments at falmer for many years.
How I wish I could believe or understand that!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Done and done:

Can the applicant not find an alternative location for these pannels? I'm concerend about how the area will be affected visually by unslightly solar pannels which are
a) Out of character
b) On a grade II listed buliding

Could the applicant not do a pannel share with some one living out of a conservation area before pannels are allowed on a temporary basis?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
An error occured while attempting to send an email containing your comments to Lewes District Council. Error description: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.,System.Web

Your comments are reproduced below to allow you to take a copy and submit it by post.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
f***ing waste of a server! :mad:

Waitin for it to come back up. Will try tomorrow morning.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mmm, classy.

1212958023620.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Whilst not a local resident, I will have occasion to visit this area and will certainly be visiting the nearby Swan public house every other Saturday during the football season, before going to watch Brighton and Hove Albion, who will finally be playing at their new stadium, after many years of petty objections.

I feel this development is totally inappropriate for a conservation area. It's lovely part of the town and I'd hate to see it spoiled in anyway."

You robbed my comments :tantrum:

But you improved them :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, they are not supposed to be classy. They are supposed to be practical and energy saving.

It is a middle-class practice at the moment as they are expensive to purchase and install, but a practice that should be encouraged.

They could be even more expensive if a lengthy planning enquiry is needed :lolol:

Last edited:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Done,

"Unsuitable for the historic town of Lewes, only a 'minority' of local residents would find this a suitable way of generating sustainable energy. It is of no use to the 'wider' community and only serves the people who are applying for the application."

Thats for delaying the stadium 10 years so that my dad who died in August this year could'nt see Falmer built. Sweet payback......

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As a local resident I can suggest some local detail that may hold more weight with our objections.
The aspect of the roofline means it is unlikely to have much visual impact. It may be best to mention, therefore, the damage to the inherent character of the listed buiding and the conservation area.

These applications can often be dealt with by Planning Officers under delegated powers but if there are sufficient objections, it would as a minimum need to go to Planning Committee.
PG

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are these solar panels likely to endanger the local bat population ? You must admit there is an increased possiblity of bat collision.

Are there suffcient inhabitants of this address to warrant such solar panels. Can the residents not "share" solar panels with someone in, say, Gillingham for 2 years prior to permission being sought for their own ones.

I too included the Bat-Roof collision risk, suggesting the bats will be disorientated on their way home at night:lolol:

Then their effing server broke:angry::angry:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Would it not be an eyesore if reflecting sunlight on to the downs? In the way a mirror can dazzle people if aimed at their eyes?

after all it would by definition be facing the sun, an enquirey about the arc of the reflection as the sun crosses the sky I beleive is legitamate, if petty.:)

Would it not be an eyesore if reflecting sunlight on to the downs? In the way a mirror can dazzle people if aimed at their eyes?

after all it would by definition be facing the sun, an enquirey about the arc of the reflection as the sun crosses the sky I beleive is legitamate, if petty.:)

it would be a parabolic death ray:eek:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well looks like this will be submitted by post then

"Would it not be an eyesore if reflecting sunlight on to the downs? In the way a mirror can dazzle people if aimed at their eyes?

After all it would by definition be facing the sun, an enquirey about the arc of the reflection as the sun crosses the sky I beleive is legitamate concern on aesthetic and saftey grounds(Reflects onto traffic)."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here