Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ann DeVecchi - Planning Application

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I might have just "submitted comments" by clicking on the relevent link;

I would like to object to this application on the following grounds

1. The whole area around Lewes is an area of outstanding natural beauty, furthermore this building is in a conservation area, therefore it is wholly inappropriate to put up such unsightly panels which will cause a negative visual impact.
2. The site is within the boundary of the South Downs National Park, surely this is not a suitable location for such an eyesore as photovoltaic panels.
3. This is a listed building; photovoltaic panels would be totally out of place on such a building. The heritage of the great town of Lewes is at risk if permission is granted to install these items.

I respectfully request that you decline this application. Thank you for considering my comments.

PublicAccess @ Lewes District Council: Application Details (LW/09/1200)

Done, thanks for this, just copied and pasted takes seconds to do, I selected 'out of charector' on the drop down list. Shame I do not live in Lewes I am sure it counts for more.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A listed building AND situated in a coservation area, the proposal would have to preserve or enhance the building and I would suggest that solar panels would not do that.

There are 29 listed buildings in Falmer (2 x Grade II* and 27 x Grade II). I would imagine her property is a Grade II.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Bloody hell! The system won't allow my complaint to be sent! all it says is:-

"Your comments are reproduced below to allow you to take a copy and submit it by post."

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A listed building AND situated in a coservation area, the proposal would have to preserve or enhance the building and I would suggest that solar panels would not do that.

There are 29 listed buildings in Falmer (2 x Grade II* and 27 x Grade II). I would imagine her property is a Grade II.

If you go through to the planning link above and click on property details, it states grade two and it apears that the property in question is in central Lewes.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I like to think of myself as a considerate person, however the memory of her pathetic speechs to the planning enqiures were desperate and vindictive.

I am quite happy to prevent the destruction of a historic town like Lewes, and protect Grade II listed buildings.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It wouldn't let me post my comments

An error occured while attempting to send an email containing your comments to Lewes District Council. Error description: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.,System.Web

Your comments are reproduced below to allow you to take a copy and submit it by post.

This is what I said:

"Whilst not a local resident, I have occasion to visit this area and the nearby Swan public house. I feel this development is totally inappropriate for a conservation area. It's lovely part of the town and I'd hate to see it spoiled in anyway."
:angry::angry::angry:

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
It wouldn't let me post my comments

An error occured while attempting to send an email containing your comments to Lewes District Council. Error description: Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.,System.Web

Your comments are reproduced below to allow you to take a copy and submit it by post.

This is what I said:

:angry::angry::angry:

i had the same problem :(

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
not that comfy deriving pleasure from the pending misfortune of another,but in this case heres to all the deceased brighton supporters whom have been denied thier chance to watch thier team play at falmer by the utter pigheadedness and now it seems double standard its ok for me though fugurchins who by thier actions held up developments at falmer for many years.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Are these solar panels likely to endanger the local bat population ? You must admit there is an increased possiblity of bat collision.

Are there suffcient inhabitants of this address to warrant such solar panels. Can the residents not "share" solar panels with someone in, say, Gillingham for 2 years prior to permission being sought for their own ones.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
f***ing ****....
... RUINING THE HOUSE! IN A CONSERVATION AREA! IN AN AREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY! :nono:

I'm not happy with this. Can't she install them on the Gray Hound stadium, the Cement works maybe? Public Enquiry! PUBLIC ENQUREY MUST BE UNDERTAKEN! LOBBY YOUR LOCAL MP!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here