Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
With slight reservation on making a comment being a NSC newbie;

There are 28 of us hoping to sit together, the majority of us supporting the Seagulls right back to the golden days at the Goldstone, of these 28, 9 are priority 1 whilst the others are priority 4, some of which are season ticket holders at present. We are hoping to sit together with our growing family, I encouraged my daughter to follow the Albion, which she has for several years and travels away when possible.

Ideally we all would like first say on where we sit, but we will have to wait until 31st January before presentation. I am hoping that those of us who are not P1 are not considered queue jumpers as most of us have been far and wide, plus endured wet nights at Withdean when not holding a ST. However, I sympathise with those having to wait until they get a viewing under P4 and I wish them luck in getting their preferred seat. To be honest we are unlikley to get to sit where we want, but anywhere will be better than no where.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A mate just text me to say that he knows a SPURS fan at work who has NEVER been to an Albion game in his life has got a front row seat in the upper west thanks to a STH's +3.

Now THIS I disagree with.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the presentation they are able to show you a view of the pitch (simulated but still imrepssive) from every seating area, section, tier in the ground. It's not a tour, but is rather handy.

Do they actually show you the view from every area of the ground or do you get to shout out requests?

Would have been good if the club had made the virtual tour available to all via the official site so we could browse for ourselves.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
A mate just text me to say that he knows a SPURS fan at work who has NEVER been to an Albion game in his life has got a front row seat in the upper west thanks to a STH's +3.

I would think that everyone on here does as well.

I'm surprised at the p1 sth for introducing him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've lost track of numbers, but are we talking about something like...

- 2000 * 1901 seats
- 2500 away seats
- (up to) 16000 regular season ticket seats
- (at least) 2000 'pay on the day' seats

The 2000 leftovers will, to a degree, be dotted about around season ticket seats but it's probably fair to assume that most of those buying season ticket will not choose lower corners as their seats, although there may be a few who do.

As such, those 2000 seats (and possibly many more depending on how season ticket sales go) will be roughly those perceived 'bad seats' in the lower corners of the East, West and North stands. That's 6 corners, so at least 350 seats per corner, all things being equal. I would imagine if you blocked out 350 'bad seats' in each corner of each stand, you'll find that the rest all afford a decent view of the action.

Does that make sense?!?

As I understand it the only area that is not for new ST holders at Amex is the Southern end of the East Stand. This is to allow for away fans to have 15% for Cup matches. So about of those 2,000 seats are going to be in that area.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

I just don't understand why you'd want to spend £500 on a season ticket if you support someone else. Weird.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You need to be sitting ABOVE the away end in order to LUZZ a moped at them. However, current plans are that away fans have the whole stand to themselves.

The only natural solution therefore is to move away supporters to the lower tier of the East, and then purchase seats above them.

except there's only ONE tier in the East Stand

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While the +3 is a good idea in theory to get people in I think it has been badly managed and has been at the detriment of current STH who have kept the club going. Why if all +3 are friends/family are the club not making them sit together? That is the bit that gets me, if you want to bring mates then surely you want to sit with them and if not then why should they be able to jump the queue?

No I don't have a better way of doing it because I'm not a marketing person but do firmly believe that there is/was a better way of doing it and you should look after your current customers first and then attract new business. Unfortunately its too late to change anything so all anyone can do is what and see what seat is available to them, if it's no good how many will walk away with out getting 1 (personally I will) and the club know that.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just don't understand why you'd want to spend £500 on a season ticket if you support someone else. Weird.

I can only go by the 2 West Ham fans and the Spurs fan in my group. They don't attend games at WHL / Upton Park (save for the odd occasion), and they want to get back into going to football regularly. They've always had an interest in the Albion having lived down here for years, and they've attended games in the past at the Goldstone, but for obvious reasons have not fancied going to Withdean. However, the wow-factor of the Amex has seduced them into wanting to invest in a season ticket.

Do they deserve to be ahead of existing STH's in the queue ? No. Would they bother investing in a season ticket if it wasn't sitting with me and our group ? No. Does the club want and need these additional bums on seats to make this whole thing work ? Hell yes.

They're not going to turn into die-hard Albion fans overnight, but we have GOT to expand the fanbase of this club. And if one of the ways is converting fans of other clubs to follow the Albion with the rest of us, then thats a good start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here