Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
In our group of 7, the 2 main STH got an additional 5, of which 2 were already STH and the other 3 have lapsed in the last 2 years but still been to 80 % of the matches.
I think that is what will generally be going on in this first few weeks. No JCL in sight.
Although I am one of the lapsed STH I will try to overcome my guilt by remerniscing about the 1200/1300 games I`ve watched over the last 40 odd years.

I didn't realise we'd played that many big games.:laugh:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In an ideal world EVERY existing STH would be able to pick their seat in strict order of how long they'd been a STH. And I can see why some noses have been put out of joint by the P1's being allowed to bring up to 3 JCL's (although in many cases, in fact most cases including my own, many of the +3's are going to long-standing STH's in their own right and have also done the Gillingham years etc).

But there is always going to be conflict between loyalty and economics - compromise has to be the result. Allowing the P1's to have up to 3 family and friends sit with them is the BEST way of selling as many season tickets as possible whilst still rewarding the most loyal. It does mean those not at the very front might not get quite what they wanted, but the alternative is for the club to take a hit on sales, as P1's would not want to have to drop down the "loyalty ladder" if they actually want to use their +3's.

Personally I had my heart set on a front-row seat in the upper tier of the West, and have done since they started building the thing. It looks like I'll be too late for that though, and will have to settle for somewhere else further back. Yeah yeah, "boo hoo" I hear you cry, but everyones in the same boat, and in a few months time we'll all be sitting in that magnificent arena wondering what the frig all this bitching was about anyway.

Good points. The people who are getting first dibs (including me) have had season tickets at Withdean for 10 years (and in my case at Gillingham too). I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anyone else, but the way the club is prioritising long-standing STHs is absolutely the right thing to do. The +3 issue means that those loyal, long-standing STHs can actually sit with some of their friends/relatives. In my case, my +3 was given to (a) my wife (who has been a STH in the past, but several years ago), plus two other long-standing fans, one of whom has been a STH, went to Gillingham, etc, etc. From people who I know, and who I've spoken to, I don't get the impression that the +3 thing is being abused by a whole load of JCLs.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
FFS, supporting the Albion isn't an exclusive club. This P1 STH has converted a spurs fan, that's got to be good hasn't it?

Yes, damn him for bringing a new fan and another £500 to the club.

Damn him to hell.

What I was trying to say ( obviously badly ) was that I was surprised that the p1 sth didn't use the +3 for another Albion fan.

Being a p1, you can't tell me that he doesn't know ( and like ) many other p1's ( with a later presentation ), or p2 or p3 or what bloody ever, that are more deserving of a decent seat than a jcl.

My best mate is a Chelsea fan, and asked me to try to get him in with a p1.

I told him to f*** off.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What I was trying to say ( obviously badly ) was that I was surprised that the p1 sth didn't use the +3 for another Albion fan.

Being a p1, you can't tell me that he doesn't know ( and like ) many other p1's ( with a later presentation ), or p2 or p3 or what bloody ever, that are more deserving of a decent seat than a jcl.

My best mate is a Chelsea fan, and asked me to try to get him in with a p1.

I told him to f*** off.

My best mate is a Chelsea fan, and he doesn't even have to ask me anything and I regularly tell him to f*** off. Who on earth would want to spend their season watching the Albion sat next to a Chelsea fan, probably checking their iPhone every 5 mins to check on the Premiership scores, and banging on about what a great leader John Terry is, and what vision Lampard has. Sod that.

barny6969

Mar 4, 2008
whats wrong with john .. its jeff im worried about

:lolol:
1. I would allow the +3 but assuring that ALL currant season ticket holders had priority ensurig they are ALL looked after and not just the long servers
2. Allow a +1 to sit with you or upto 3/4 to sit anywhere.
3. You could give some names that could come down after all the season ticket holders had been looked after, granted they may not get to sit with their chosen people.

Its not my job however to think up a structure to how to set this up, but when youve spent thousends on the club and supported them through thick and thin and you end up behind some bloke called John who just fancies a go at the new ground, just doesnt sit right.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've sat in the South Stand at Withdean the entire 12 years; in bitter cold, wind and rain and waterproof trousers; seen good games, bad games and frankly dreadful games. Sometimes I've questioned my sanity, but I've still dragged myself out every other Saturday and after a long day at work midweek. And EVERY season without FAIL I've stumped up hundreds of pounds in advance to do so.

If you don't think I haven't earned the right to get a reasonably early choice of seats - and to sit with three people of my choice, whoever they may be - then frankly you can kiss my ass.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've sat in the South Stand at Withdean the entire 12 years; in bitter cold, wind and rain and waterproof trousers; seen good games, bad games and frankly dreadful games. Sometimes I've questioned my sanity, but I've still dragged myself out every other Saturday and after a long day at work midweek. And EVERY season without FAIL I've stumped up hundreds of pounds in advance to do so.

If you don't think I haven't earned the right to get a reasonably early choice of seats - and to sit with three people of my choice, whoever they may be - then frankly you can kiss my ass.

:bowdown: Perfectly put.

Come and join us in B block

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm bored with this. But, as an aside, this damp weather is making my wife's hair go super frizzy.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

And you think that makes you SO MUCH BETTER than anyone who has bought maybe ONE season ticket less than you? Do me a favour.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know two people that have already got their season tickets for next year, and they've never been to a Brighton game before.

Still 3 weeks til I get mine, and most of the people we hang around with dont have theres yet. I know thats only 2 people, but Im sure theres many more

I had a season ticket during the the last few years at The Goldstone and ever since but my presentation isnt until 26th Jan not sure what priority that has been given as has been said many times 1 + 3 was badly thought out and carried out as regards to existing STH, I can under stand the view expressed by byf it appears that it is a cse of we must sell the seats doesnt matter to whom perhaps that is the price of us becoming more business like in the last 12 months.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Not going to read the whole thread, but as long as Beach Hut is ok and happy, then so am I. God forbid he might not get EXACTLY what he wants.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Where can we arrange for your arse to be kissed as in my opinion YOU DONT!

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I've read the thread and can see that both sides have valid points and it's hard to see why people can't accept this. The P1 group have certainly earned the right to go first and pick there seat, of that i don;t think there is any issue with this. The P4 group have also been 'loyal' to the Withdean with some with 7/8 years under the belts but are now unfortunately having to wait for a while to pick the seats. To fill the stadium we need everyone to try and attract new fans so the +3 seems like a great marketing tool but it does seem unfair for the P4 group to have to wait whilst 'new fans' are accomadated first. i don;t have the answer of how to change the P4 problem (other than beg a P1 for one of their tickets) but can't we at least acknowledge that in the P4 fans shoes we would feel a little aggrieved to?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I've read the thread and can see that both sides have valid points and it's hard to see why people can't accept this. The P1 group have certainly earned the right to go first and pick there seat, of that i don;t think there is any issue with this. The P4 group have also been 'loyal' to the Withdean with some with 7/8 years under the belts but are now unfortunately having to wait for a while to pick the seats. To fill the stadium we need everyone to try and attract new fans so the +3 seems like a great marketing tool but it does seem unfair for the P4 group to have to wait whilst 'new fans' are accomadated first. i don;t have the answer of how to change the P4 problem (other than beg a P1 for one of their tickets) but can't we at least acknowledge that in the P4 fans shoes we would feel a little aggrieved to?

That about sums it up nicely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe the P1s have earnt the benefit to bring some chums with them?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Maybe the P1s have earnt the benefit to bring some chums with them?

Yes they have, but not until all currant season ticket holders are taken care of, especially ones of 5 years or more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here