Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes they have, but not until all currant season ticket holders are taken care of, especially ones of 5 years or more

They do though. They've contributed over the of 9 years here £4k+ in season ticket sales alone. They sat through the dark days when that money was most important to us (A&K and the like). I don't have an issue with these people being allowed to sit where they want with who they want. (Maybe +2 instead of +3 - I do have an issue with the +3s being able to sit away from the main holder, but given how difficult it is to do everything fairly i'm not that worried about it). Why should recent season ticket holders who have only been around for the last season or two (when the going has been good) be afforded the same level of benefits?

I'm not a 9+ ST holder. Nor am I in any of the priority groups. I only had a season ticket for 2 years at Withdean and then couldn't afford it thereafter. I want a ST when they go in general sale but to be honest i'd be delighted if we sold out before then. It would mean a full stadium every week and the clubs marketing/ST structure was spot on. After all that's what we all want, isn't it? I'd rather that than a half full Falmer because we'd pandered to the 1 or 2 year ST holders.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I still think most of this is rubbish,I've had season tickets continuously between Sept 1998 and April 2011, these gave me the right to watch home games during this period, that's what I paid for and it's all I'm entitled to. Now a new stadium is coming, and the club is maximising their income by creating a perceived shortage of tickets. What happens if the newspapers say there is a shortage of petrol, bread, flu vaccine? We all queue up whether we really need or want the product or not. I'm not getting caught up in the current hysteria, if I can get tickets for the matches I wish see I will if I can't I'll just go somewhere else. Football, as Ben's Grandad said, is a business now, are we forgetting that we are the customers?

there is another group, one i'm part of, who have supported the club through thick and thin, sun ,rain and hail etc etc etc etc for, let's say, in excess of 30years who have NEVER OWNED A SEASON TICKET, why did I need one? there have been several seasons where I have made most matches (home and away) and i've never missed out on a 'big un' due to not being a STH (I'm not going to start making a list of Simod data van trophy matches i've travelled away to as it would defeat the point of the post) the point of this post is that poeople like myself may (or may not) miss out on good seats/first match etc and THAT, I FULLY ACCEPT but please can I ask some on here that have been season ticket holders at Withdean, Gillingham, The Goldstone and Hove Rec in 1899 to understand they are not the only people who support or can call themselves supporters of this club. YOU ARE NOT BIGGER THAN THIS CLUB

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
there is another group, one i'm part of, who have supported the club through thick and thin, sun ,rain and hail etc etc etc etc for, let's say, in excess of 30years who have NEVER OWNED A SEASON TICKET, why did I need one? there have been several seasons where I have made most matches (home and away) and i've never missed out on a 'big un' due to not being a STH (I'm not going to start making a list of Simod data van trophy matches i've travelled away to as it would defeat the point of the post) the point of this post is that poeople like myself may (or may not) miss out on good seats/first match etc and THAT, I FULLY ACCEPT but please can I ask some on here that have been season ticket holders at Withdean, Gillingham, The Goldstone and Hove Rec in 1899 to understand they are not the only people who support or can call themselves supporters of this club. YOU ARE NOT BIGGER THAN THIS CLUB

Good post I agree with every word, the only reason I've had season tickets is that I'm too disorganised to buy a ticket once a fortnight, as I've said before a season ticket only entitles the holder to see the matches in that season, it does not give you the right to anything else.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I still think most of this is rubbish,I've had season tickets continuously between Sept 1998 and April 2011, these gave me the right to watch home games during this period, that's what I paid for and it's all I'm entitled to.

Not quite true - you're also given the right to renew your season ticket, which is standard throughout football. Could you imagine the binfest at Old Trafford if the Glazers said that next season, ST holders would not get the right to renew and it would be a free for all.There'd be riots - I bet there'd even be some prawn sandwiches thrown.

I think that's what driving a lot of the concerns about this, that current season ticket holders would be left high and dry.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My best mate is a Chelsea fan, and he doesn't even have to ask me anything and I regularly tell him to f*** off. Who on earth would want to spend their season watching the Albion sat next to a Chelsea fan, probably checking their iPhone every 5 mins to check on the Premiership scores, and banging on about what a great leader John Terry is, and what vision Lampard has. Sod that.

This

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What I was trying to say ( obviously badly ) was that I was surprised that the p1 sth didn't use the +3 for another Albion fan.

Being a p1, you can't tell me that he doesn't know ( and like ) many other p1's ( with a later presentation ), or p2 or p3 or what bloody ever, that are more deserving of a decent seat than a jcl.

My best mate is a Chelsea fan, and asked me to try to get him in with a p1.

I told him to f*** off

And DEFINITELY this

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please accept my apologies in adavance but I am a little confused about this 1+3 probably due to beinga senile old b......d. If I give my 3 ticket applications to a friend do they have to sit in the same area as myself and on the top of the form there is a part for fan number whose number goes in there as they wouldnt have one if they havent hada season ticket before or is that just left blank for the club to fill in. Obviously the object of the 1 + 3 is for existing STH to encourage others to buy a season ticket.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Please accept my apologies in adavance but I am a little confused about this 1+3 probably due to beinga senile old b......d. If I give my 3 ticket applications to a friend do they have to sit in the same area as myself and on the top of the form there is a part for fan number whose number goes in there as they wouldnt have one if they havent hada season ticket before or is that just left blank for the club to fill in. Obviously the object of the 1 + 3 is for existing STH to encourage others to buy a season ticket.

+ 3 can sit anywhere you choose and do not need a fan number. The staff at Falmer will create fan numbers for them if needed

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
They do though. They've contributed over the of 9 years here £4k+ in season ticket sales alone. They sat through the dark days when that money was most important to us (A&K and the like). I don't have an issue with these people being allowed to sit where they want with who they want. (Maybe +2 instead of +3 - I do have an issue with the +3s being able to sit away from the main holder, but given how difficult it is to do everything fairly i'm not that worried about it). Why should recent season ticket holders who have only been around for the last season or two (when the going has been good) be afforded the same level of benefits?

I'm not a 9+ ST holder. Nor am I in any of the priority groups. I only had a season ticket for 2 years at Withdean and then couldn't afford it thereafter. I want a ST when they go in general sale but to be honest i'd be delighted if we sold out before then. It would mean a full stadium every week and the clubs marketing/ST structure was spot on. After all that's what we all want, isn't it? I'd rather that than a half full Falmer because we'd pandered to the 1 or 2 year ST holders.

Want to use my +3?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I think that's what driving a lot of the concerns about this, that current season ticket holders would be left high and dry.

Depends what you mean by high and dry. If you mean some STHs won't get a ticket then that's not going to happen as even in the most unlikely event of all current STHs taking up the +3 option then there are still enough tickets to go around. If you mean some won't get there preferred choice of seat then that's a different matter.

Me and my mates are off next week to our presentation (bit slow off the mark booking a slot as there are so many of us. We are looking for 11 seats. Of these, seven are for P1 people three others for P4 STHs and only one for a current non-STH. The only non STH is my 10yo son who I've not been able to get a ticket for before near where we sit but who regularly attends matches when others can't. On that basis although we are using our +3 allocation to get four seats early I think this is justified (assuming that most reasonable people will accept that a dad should be able to get a ticket for his young son to keep him true to the stripes and not becoming a plastic Man U / Chelsea / Arsenal etc fan).

What this does mean is that out of 40 tickets we could have got in total we are only getting 11. The whole scaremongering about +3s is getting stupid and in a couple of months when we find that there are still a few thousand season tickets going on general sale people will then moan about why we aren't doing enough to fill the stadium.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I guess that the club are in a no win situation here. Don't sell 'additional' STs to cat1 STH and they'll be accused of missing a trick, but by doing what they have done I feel that they have certainly upset some (quite a few) long term STH who are not in cat1.

Just how can it be right that people on the Falmer for all team, people who lives were completley taken over by the fight for our new stadium have not yet chosen their seats, yet there are some (probably not many to be fair) people who already have booked STs but have never been to Withdean, indeed never seen an Albion game.

One thing is certain - there will be plenty of STs to go round, certainly to all thoses who are existing STHs, BUT another thing is certain -this could have been handled better.

(Oh, and where did the hard hat tours go to choose your seats?)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BYF are you Adrie as you are very boring now

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As a matter of interest, are your +3 existing STH (who therefore won't be using their own+3) or existing Albion supporters (non STH) or JCLs?

They have all been withdean STH in the past,
one gave it up for family reasons,
one shares half an ST with someone else,
one is employed by the club.

All three are regulary seen at away games and not just the closer ones.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
BYF are you Adrie as you are very boring now

Sorry to bore you mate, shall we clear the board so you can just share your opinion and thoughts on here, we could call ot beach hut chat!

Oh to be as interesting and level headed as you!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They have all been withdean STH in the past,
one gave it up for family reasons,
one shares half an ST with someone else,
one is employed by the club.

All three are regulary seen at away games and not just the closer ones.

Exactly the type of fans the club has to attract back to fill The Amex.

Whether they should have had the chance to choose their seat before an existing STH, possibly one who had had a ST for 5 years or so, is howvever questionable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here