Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. And apparently this is a Bad Thing.

The +3's will be made up of current STH's, new fans and 'lapsed' fans - to sit with the P1 in a group, rather than what would have been the potential +3's being scattered around the stadium amongst a load of strangers and probably (as a direct result) not bothering with a season ticket at all.

You want to cut thousands of potential new fans at the Amex, then thats the way to do it. The 9-years-at-Withdean mugs SHOULD be at the front of the queue for tickets, and offering them the chance to bring a family member/mate or 3 to sit with them is their reward. How is that wrong ? It makes sense for the club and its as fair a way they can do it. Why should a Withdean 9-yearer hang back further down the priorities because he wants his dad / son / mate to sit with him ? Theres plenty to go round.

Your method would result in more empty seats than the the clubs. FACT.

Yes, I think I like this post.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've lost track of numbers, but are we talking about something like...

- 2000 * 1901 seats
- 2500 away seats
- (up to) 16000 regular season ticket seats
- (at least) 2000 'pay on the day' seats

The 2000 leftovers will, to a degree, be dotted about around season ticket seats but it's probably fair to assume that most of those buying season ticket will not choose lower corners as their seats, although there may be a few who do.

As such, those 2000 seats (and possibly many more depending on how season ticket sales go) will be roughly those perceived 'bad seats' in the lower corners of the East, West and North stands. That's 6 corners, so at least 350 seats per corner, all things being equal. I would imagine if you blocked out 350 'bad seats' in each corner of each stand, you'll find that the rest all afford a decent view of the action.

Does that make sense?!?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The way I look at it, in 6 weeks time every current STH will have had their meeting and got a seat in the bag. I'm on holiday for 2 of those weeks, so that's only 4 more weeks that I have to put up with NSC being full of this panicking dross.

Thank god for that, roll on march.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Exactly. And apparently this is a Bad Thing.

The +3's will be made up of current STH's, new fans and 'lapsed' fans - to sit with the P1 in a group, rather than what would have been the potential +3's being scattered around the stadium amongst a load of strangers and probably (as a direct result) not bothering with a season ticket at all.

You want to cut thousands of potential new fans at the Amex, then thats the way to do it. The 9-years-at-Withdean mugs SHOULD be at the front of the queue for tickets, and offering them the chance to bring a family member/mate or 3 to sit with them is their reward. How is that wrong ? It makes sense for the club and its as fair a way they can do it. Why should a Withdean 9-yearer hang back further down the priorities just because he wants his dad / son / mate to sit with him ? Theres plenty to go round for everyone.

Your method would result in more empty seats. FACT.

But you would say this, because it impacts you in a positive manner, if the club had said all the season ticket holders need looking after before the P1's get their mates along, youd be saying it was unfair.

Weve all supported the club, weve all been there on wet terraces at Gillingham and because we havent been a season ticket holder for 9 years or more...we now get shoved to the back by a club thats been pleading poverty for years and saying how they would look after all season ticket holders and not just 1901 club members and the longer servers.

Its one thing that you get first dibs which in my mind is fine, but you and your mates/family before currant season ticket holders is not on at all.

I may have to sit in a seat in a area that I dont want because of the so called fans crawling out from no-where and tapping on people's shoulders saying "Oooh yeah id like to go now", where were these people at withdean?

Where were they at the cold tuesday nights at home to Millwall in the auto windscreen sheild at gillingham?

These people are welcome along and with open arms, but this should not be at the expense of the die hard faithful irrelevant of whether you know them and they might want a ticket.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just on the comment about the first 6 rows being 'bad' seats, that's probably about 4-5000 seats max, which leaves 17500 'good' seats. The club are predicting a season ticket sales of 15000, and this is after they go on general sale. Current STHs will be fine.

Successful business people are generally very good with numbers and they have probably worked all this stuff out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In my opinion, you wouldn't want to be in the front 6-8 rows of any stand. Neither would you want to be in the back half of the upper tier in the West. How near the corner you are doesn't matter so much - indeed many people will actually look to go in the corner. But too high or too low is an absolute nightmare even for one game, I dread to think how bad a season ticket would be there. This "there isn't a bad seat in the house" nonsense is such a myth.

But that is just your opinion, and one to which you are fully entitled. It must come as no surprise that it is an opinion I do not share. After the joys of Withdean I'd pretty settle for anything that I can get. Some people like to be near the action, others prefer an elevated view, some prefer to sit and watch, some prefer to stand and shout. It really is different stroke for different folks. There is no way that the club could have divvied up the ST's without pissing someone off. Some people have an earlier presentation than me simply because of the block they sit in at Withdean, which hardly strikes me as fair, but I'm not moaning about it.

Given that a reasonable number of tickets will still be available for general sale on a game by game basis I would assume that current STH's will still get the pick of the bunch and that it will be the allegedly "shocking" seats that are left for this purpose.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Who is the expert that reckons the front six rows are bad seats, never heard so much bollocks in my life.
FFS, that is what the last 5/6 pages have been about, not being able to get first pick at the front seats:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fuss. Over. Nothing.

The crux of the binfest seems to be the principal of a small proportion of JCL's getting tickets ahead of current STH's by riding in on the backs of knowing or being related to a P1.

To eradicate this possibility, it appears some would favour the club binning the P1's groups of newbies/family members/mates who they would have brought along, in favour of pushing some existing fans further up the queue, so they can buy their singular season ticket and don't end up in a "shit" seat (wherever that may be).

Result = half empty stadium.

Genius.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Will NSC have a thread of this ilk every day?
Sadly I think so. Perhaps until everyone realises that regardless of whether you went to Millwall at Gillingham in the auto windscreen shield cup there will be enough tickets to go around, so what if it is not exactly where you wanted. Fact is I would rather there was 20,000 people in the ground rather than the 6,000 people that "always went to Gillingham" I genuinely feel that some people would rather our club stayed as a nice small family club rather than taking the natural progression with which we are seeing currently.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
where were these people at withdean?

Where were they at the cold tuesday nights at home to Millwall in the auto windscreen sheild at gillingham?

I was a STH at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean until I decided it was shit and was there when we got done 5-1 by Millwall. I would have been P4 but my dad is P1 and going on Friday. I will be in the West Stand Upper as close to the front as possible.

GOOD EH!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The crux of the binfest seems to be the principal of a small proportion of JCL's getting tickets ahead of current STH's by riding in on the backs of knowing or being related to a P1.

To eradicate this possibility, it appears some would favour the club binning the P1's groups of newbies/family members/mates who they would have brought along, in favour of pushing some existing fans further up the queue, so they can buy their singular season ticket and don't end up in a "shit" seat (wherever that may be).

Result = half empty stadium.

Genius.

Indeed.

Will NSC have a thread of this ilk every day?
Sadly I think so. Perhaps until everyone realises that regardless of whether you went to Millwall at Gillingham in the auto windscreen shield cup there will be enough tickets to go around, so what if it is not exactly where you wanted. Fact is I would rather there was 20,000 people in the ground rather than the 6,000 people that "always went to Gillingham" I genuinely feel that some people would rather our club stayed as a nice small family club rather than taking the natural progression with which we are seeing currently.

There are a few idiots that would. TCB is definitely not one of them, despite his WRONG stance on this issue.

Who is the expert that reckons the front six rows are bad seats, never heard so much bollocks in my life.
FFS, that is what the last 5/6 pages have been about, not being able to get first pick at the front seats:facepalm:

psst. There are TWO tiers...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I was a STH at Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean until I decided it was shit and was there when we got done 5-1 by Millwall. I would have been P4 but my dad is P1 and going on Friday. I will be in the West Stand Upper as close to the front as possible.

GOOD EH!

Good for you, not for me, I wouldnt want to sit in west upper to be honest, so treat yourself mate.

So your tedius attempt to wind me up has failed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That'll be me. Ish. It seems to be that the last seats most people want are those in the very front corners. The preferred areas seem to be the central-ish areas of...

- Back of West lower
- Back of North
- Back of East
- Front of West Upper

I don't recall seeing a single person saying they are stressing about missing out on being close to a corner flag.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That'll be me. Ish. It seems to be that the last seats most people want are those in the very front corners. The preferred areas seem to be the central-ish areas of...

- Back of West lower
- Back of North
- Back of East
- Front of West Upper

I don't recall seeing a single person saying they are stressing about missing out on being close to a corner flag.

He's confusing the FRONT of the UPPER TIER, with the FRONT (pitchside).... innit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But you would say this, because it impacts you in a positive manner, if the club had said all the season ticket holders need looking after before the P1's get their mates along, youd be saying it was unfair.

Weve all supported the club, weve all been there on wet terraces at Gillingham and because we havent been a season ticket holder for 9 years or more...we now get shoved to the back by a club thats been pleading poverty for years and saying how they would look after all season ticket holders and not just 1901 club members and the longer servers.

Its one thing that you get first dibs which in my mind is fine, but you and your mates/family before currant season ticket holders is not on at all.

I may have to sit in a seat in a area that I dont want because of the so called fans crawling out from no-where and tapping on people's shoulders saying "Oooh yeah id like to go now", where were these people at withdean?

These people are welcome along and with open arms, but this should not be at the expense of the die hard faithful irrelevant of whether you know them and they might want a ticket.

Its not at the "expense" of anyone though is it. The whole rub of this is that they are in before some (SOME) of the other STH's Gillinghams / die-hards, because they are sitting with another die-hard fan who wanted to bring them along. Thats a reward for a die-hard fan, and it is of clear benefit to the club.

Your proposed alternative, where (presumably) existing STH's can go to the front of the queue according to time served but *only* buy their own ticket, would indeed be fairer in that respect, but would result in a lot more empty seats. When we've got over 20K of them to fill. Which would be a nonsense.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've lost track of numbers, but are we talking about something like...

- 2000 * 1901 seats
- 2500 away seats
- (up to) 16000 regular season ticket seats
- (at least) 2000 'pay on the day' seats

The 2000 leftovers will, to a degree, be dotted about around season ticket seats but it's probably fair to assume that most of those buying season ticket will not choose lower corners as their seats, although there may be a few who do.

As such, those 2000 seats (and possibly many more depending on how season ticket sales go) will be roughly those perceived 'bad seats' in the lower corners of the East, West and North stands. That's 6 corners, so at least 350 seats per corner, all things being equal. I would imagine if you blocked out 350 'bad seats' in each corner of each stand, you'll find that the rest all afford a decent view of the action.

Does that make sense?!?

Apart from the corners, I think any low-level seats (rows 1-5) anywhere in the stadium will generally be regarded as 'bad'. No-one likes watching a match at pitch level.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good for you, not for me, I wouldnt want to sit in west upper to be honest, so treat yourself mate.

So your tedius attempt to wind me up has failed.

Wasn't on the wind. Just saying that a lot of people taking up +3 may 'deserve' them too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wanted a seat enabling me to throw a MOPED at visiting Palace fans and yet apparently this won't be possible.

f***ing SHAMBLES.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't on the wind. Just saying that a lot of people taking up +3 may 'deserve' them too.

Yes but they might not 'deserve' them quite as much as someone who can produce a ticket stub from a Johnsons Paint Trophy tie vs Wycombe, circa 2003.

Etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here