Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
as much as the +3 will ensure 'queue jumping' by some let's say 'less deserving', It will add to the atmosphere considerably. a problem at Withdean is people sitting on their own, at least groups of 4/8 'lads' sitting together might make a bit of noise.

absolutely, and the inability to get a seat with my friends who are currently STHs (where I used to sit) for certain matches has put me off going to Withdean on many occassions. i've sat on my own a few times at away games (due to strict stewarding) and the experience is awful.

this is not a perfect system but i think it will help to:

- improve the atmosphere as suggested
- increase the number of non-STH Albion fans to commit to a STH, because they'd rather miss the odd game (or have greater options for passing on the STH in safety) than not have a chance of sitting with friends (this is definitely the category I fall into)
- increase opportunities for STHs to introduce other new potential supporters (by sharing their friend's spare STH pass/es when they can't attend), which will be more appealing to people if attending in groups
- significantly gain new support for the club during the next year

i also, do not expect that the number of +3s who have no previous affiliation to the Albion will be as large (at this stage) as some people have suggested. for every story of someone introducing a complete newbie, there appear to be lots of STHs merely reintroducing people (like myself) who haven't had a STH at Withdean for a few years and perhaps have choosen away games as their prority for a little while. but absolute numbers of total new fans i can't see being more than 1000-1500. (total guesswork)

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
My son and I bought 8 tickets yesterday. three were cat. 1 STH, two were cat. 4 STH, one for a nephew who had lived in Oz for 6 years, one for a friend who is a BHA fan but not a STH and one for my grandson. No system is perfect, but this way the club are selling tickets to old and new fans. Some people I know did not phone up straight away, consequently they have a later appointment! Sometimes it's down to the individual to make things happen.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I agree with the opening poster and have said this since the details were announced. It's a total disgrace by a money-obsessed club that is happy to shit all over the people that have been keeping it going for ten years.

It seems obvious to me what the priority arrangement should be, and I have yet to see any argument prove me wrong.

1) All long-standing STHs buying for themselves only.
2) All other current STHs buying for themselves only.
3) Long-standing STHs who want to buy for other people.
4) Current STHs who want to buy for other people.

Perfect.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We'll still prob only have 10k ST holders so whats the issue.

We have 4k at the moment , even doubling is a big ask

Panic panic , moan moan moan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with the opening poster and have said this since the details were announced. It's a total disgrace by a money-obsessed club that is happy to shit all over the people that have been keeping it going for ten years.

It seems obvious to me what the priority arrangement should be, and I have yet to see any argument prove me wrong.

I know you like to use immotive language to get your point across, but that really is cobblers. Ticket prices are at a reasonable level, and you're being given the opportunity to spread the cost over 12 months for nothing. That is not "shitting" all over people, in fact I found it a great relief.

As for "money obsessed" - one man has stumped up a considerable slab of his personal fortune in order to finally take us OUT of that embarrassing shithole we play in and secure the clubs future for generations to come, but you seem to think it unreasonable for him to want to maximise bums on seats so he can eventually get paid back ?

Your priority arrangements might be completely fair to every current STH at the club, but it would result in far fewer season tickets being sold, and fewer new fans taking the plunge to invest in a season ticket. Ultimately, we'd have an emptier stadium. That might warm your cockles that everyone sitting there at least got their choice of seat first, but the banks of empty seats around them that WOULD have been filled by groups of +3's would soon tell its own tale.

Then no doubt you'd be moaning about how the club had screwed up the marketing.

Last edited:

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
But that's not perfect is it? What about the guy who's been buying season tickets for 20 years and wants to get his friends in with him now? or even his child that's now old enough to go for the first time ever? He has to wait until all the johnny no mates have their tickets? What about people that have been season ticket holders next to their mates at Withdean for 5 years and want to carry on going in that group? The guy who just bought half a season ticket at Withdean but isn't going to actually go gets a ticket before them? Sadly, there's no perfect solution for this.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

The only thing disgraceful is the tone of this comment. We have £90million stadium to pay for and an additional 14,000 tickets to sell in it over and above the capacity at withdean.

The club in return have made sure that all ST's will get a ticket, be able to sit with friends should they wish, and offered reasonable repayment terms for all. I am struggling to see the disgrace in any of this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
''Oooh ooh the nasty man who paid for this new stadium to be built is really annoying me with his business acumen that led him to become rich enough to pay for the stadium''

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I know you like to use immotive language to get your point across, but that really is cobblers. Ticket prices are at a reasonable level, and you're being given the opportunity to spread the cost over 12 months for nothing. That is not "shitting" all over people, in fact I found it a great relief.

As for "money obsessed" - one man has stumped up a considerable slab of his personal fortune in order to finally take us OUT of that embarrassing shithole we play in and secure the clubs future for generations to come, but you seem to think it unreasonable for him to want to maximise bums on seats so he can eventually get paid back ?

Your priority arrangements might be completely fair to every current STH at the club, but it would result in far fewer season tickets being sold, and fewer new fans taking the plunge to invest in a season ticket. Ultimately, we'd have an emptier stadium. That might warm your cockles that everyone sitting there at least got their choice of seat first, but the banks of empty seats around them that WOULD have been filled by groups of +3's would soon tell its own tale.

Then no doubt you'd be moaning about how the club had screwed up the marketing.

But the main point as a season ticket holder is to get treated properly and in the instance, I dont think we have.

There is no fair way, people will get pissed off...but the truth is, some of the fans who have been there all along are getting poo'd on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
''Oooh ooh the nasty man who paid for this new stadium to be built is really annoying me with his business acumen that led him to become rich enough to pay for the stadium''

This would NEVER have happened if DK was still in charge :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sifting thru all this I have to say that I can see how it would grate that a +3 JCL could in theory sit in a seat that you wanted as a long term fan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The other thing is where were alot of you at Priestfield, I'm sure some that are moaning never bothered.

I repeat , whinge whinge , moan moan

We'll all be ok

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
We all know we have a nice stadium coming and yes, I agree the ticket prices are reasonable. Not brilliant (it'll still be a hell of a lot of money for third division rubbish), but not disastrous. These points aren't really relevant as I don't see anyone disagreeing with them. The disgrace will come when people like byf are sitting in the corner and Easy 10's mates have a prime spot.

Exactly my point.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The other thing is where were alot of you at Priestfield, I'm sure some that are moaning never bothered.

I repeat , whinge whinge , moan moan

We'll all be ok

I was a season ticket holder there!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here