Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex seating +3 - The who you know game.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
But by getting mine as a plus 3 instead of myself, do i lose out on anything?

Well you wouldnt get to personally get to choose your seat, you would be relying on your mates choosing where you sit and trusting them.

If you wait, then you get to go and choose and get the info and then choose yourself via the computer thingy that people have said.

You of course can get your mates to choose and then go to the presentation anyway just to see it.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Hi,

Now firstly lets just say a well done to the club on what they have done so far, they are fillling the stadium up and that at the end of the day is their priority and the +3 from their side seems to be working a treat.

No doubt this has been mentioned numerous times before, but as a season ticket holder for a few years at withdean and also for the seasons at Gillingham, I like many others only fall into the Cat 4 section.

Is it just me, or does this shi* on the currant season ticket holders slightly?

If you know someone thats a long term season ticket holder you in theory are getting a MASSIVE advantage just for knowing them and in they can waltz on august 6th in a great seat, while at the meantime a currant season ticket holder could find themselves forced in an area they dont even want to sit!

I know I should be happy weve got a new ground, happy were top and happy the club is its best position financially since ive been a fan, but I cant help but feel a little peeved at the fact that I may walk into Falmer at the begginning of Feb and find that my 2x main areas where I want to go are gone.

I have no issue with the loyal fans going first, but if a jonny come lately forces me into an area where if I swear i will be chucked out, then its not on in my opinion.

I have even considered begging a 1901 club member, but I wont do that.

The club banged on about being a season ticket holder this season was a big thing in regards to having priority, well that kind of goes out of the window if your mates a currant season ticket holder doesnt it.

I think you should go to your presentation in feb before moaning? no

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I know two people that have already got their season tickets for next year, and they've never been to a Brighton game before.

Still 3 weeks til I get mine, and most of the people we hang around with dont have theres yet. I know thats only 2 people, but Im sure theres many more

you know, I really was surprised at this. And As you're not the only one saying they know people doing it then there must be a lot of fickle people with too much money. So much for the recession! That said, I still can't think of a fairer way to do it, I don't think there is any way the club can do this in a way that would please everyone. Either way though, i guess there's not much we can do about it now as it's already started. There are a LOT of seats though and from what I've read it looks like lots of the early adopters are going for the cheaper seats or the family stands anyway. I'm assuming North stand seats will be the most expensive premium seats?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
But why complain about this NOW, byf?

Some have been pointing out flaws in the system for weeks. It's too late to change it.

Why not complain now, kicking off a few weeks ago wouldnt have changed anything...the club have decided what they want to do and they will stick with it.

They cant make everybody happy and I do appreciate that and im sure its very difficult to make it fair on everyone.

Ive had my rant now, i dont think its a great system, but I love the new stadium, I cant wait for it!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why not complain now, kicking off a few weeks ago wouldnt have changed anything...the club have decided what they want to do and they will stick with it.

They cant make everybody happy and I do appreciate that and im sure its very difficult to make it fair on everyone.

Ive had my rant now, i dont think its a great system, but I love the new stadium, I cant wait for it!

So, in short, a classic (that is: needless, pointless) NSC moaning thread. Great.

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
you know, I really was surprised at this. And As you're not the only one saying they know people doing it then there must be a lot of fickle people with too much money. So much for the recession! That said, I still can't think of a fairer way to do it, I don't think there is any way the club can do this in a way that would please everyone. Either way though, i guess there's not much we can do about it now as it's already started. There are a LOT of seats though and from what I've read it looks like lots of the early adopters are going for the cheaper seats or the family stands anyway. I'm assuming North stand seats will be the most expensive premium seats?

cheapest seats in the north stand

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I like many are not happy with the system but could there be a better one that pleases everyone? I don't think so. What I am annoyed about is the way the Club has fed the system to the supporters. Why wasn't everything explained BEFORE they started selling 1901 seats? If that had been done at least some of the loyal supporters would have realised that the club would not be acknowledging their loyalty in the ticket race and alternative arrangements could have been planned earlier.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

There probably isnt a better way of doing it. May +2 instead of +3.
The only thing I dont like about the way it is set up is that none of the +3's have to sit with the person they have gone in with. I think if you go as part of a +3, then you have to sit with that person.

I dont begrudge the system at all otherwise. I went in on a +3 as it meant I could sit with my mates who I sit with now, their appointment was the week before mine, so it made sense jump in on their +3 instead of waiting a week. All of us have been Brighton fans for years, but still didnt get tickets before the two people I know have never been to a game before

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The only thing I dont like about the way it is set up is that none of the +3's have to sit with the person they have gone in with. I think if you go as part of a +3, then you have to sit with that person.

I dont begrudge the system at all otherwise. I went in on a +3 as it meant I could sit with my mates who I sit with now, their appointment was the week before mine, so it made sense jump in on their +3 instead of waiting a week. All of us have been Brighton fans for years, but still didnt get tickets before the two people I know have never been to a game before

Good post.

question time: in the opinion of the STH guru's on NSC, are the current STH's (almost) ALL taking up this +3 offer or are quite a few simply buying for themselves like the old days? I'm simply trying to judge if any will go on good old fashioned general sale to those with (for want of a better phrase) no pedigree

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I personally think they should keep the current priorities IF you are buying for yourself OR yourself +1, BUT if you take advantage of the +2 or +3's you should fall back to the Priority 4 section.

My thinking behind this is that the MAJORITY of fans who are taking a +2 or +3 are probably only doing it as a favour to fans who fall further down the priority queue. Giving a +1 to every season ticket holder gives every GROUP who currently attend games to DOUBLE in size.

You can't keep everyone happy though, and I'm sure the above would provoke a similar reaction to the current system, just from different people. The club have done well organising this & if their system near-fills the ground I'm sure we will all be happy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our group going on Friday consists of five Priority 1 STH's, so we have 15 +3's between us.

3 of those are going on current STH's but who would have been a lower priority
2 of those are going on people who have had season tickets at Withdean in the past, but not at the moment
4 of those are going on Albion fans who go to the odd game
3 of those are going on kids
3 of those are going on complete newbies (two West Ham fans and a Spurs fan)

We will all be sitting together in a group, not dotting ourselves around. I can see why some will be miffed at how the club has gone about this. But ultimately its got to be about bums on seats and expanding the fanbase for the future of the club. There was never going to be a totally fair way of doing it, but this will at least ensure that season tickets are sold by the TRUCKLOAD.

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009

So you jumped the queue, but are complaining about other people that jumped the queue ahead of you? If you had jumped the queue ahead of them would you have been happier? If a great friend of yours (who had never been before) asked you to get them a ticket as part of your +3 would you say no?

There is no better way of doing this. The gripes are because someone jumped ahead of you.

It really is pointless. there are more seats than fans. every seat is unrestricted. you will get at least near to where you want to be. if at the end of this process that is not the case then moan.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So you jumped the queue, but are complaining about other people that jumped the queue ahead of you? If you had jumped the queue ahead of them would you have been happier? If a great friend of yours (who had never been before) asked you to get them a ticket as part of your +3 would you say no?

There is no better way of doing this. The gripes are because someone jumped ahead of you.

It really is pointless. there are more seats than fans. every seat is unrestricted. you will get at least near to where you want to be. if at the end of this process that is not the case then moan.

I wasnt complaining about anything really, I have accepted my place in line and know I will get a ticket sat with my mates. The only thing I dont like about it is that the +3s dont have to sit with the person they attached themselves too. i havent got gripes with those two people, as they havent done anything wrong. As byf said, its who you know

If a mate that asked to sit with me and had never been before, I probably would say no if I knew other mates were struggling to get tickets that have been before.

It's compromise and reducing fron +3 to +2 might create some difficulty if you have extended family units (eg x3 generations) or different families wanting to sit together; the former would have been the case for us had my father still been alive.
That's not going to work for existing ST's who have chosen to join the 1901 club at the Amex; why should they be treated differently to you or me?
At the end of the day BHA is at last being run as a business; there's a £4.6M annual loss to address, £70M+ to be repaid to the chairman by 2023(5?) and if we are to progress as a club then the board have to maximise the income. Remember what TB said when he became chairman - "we must be self-financing at Falmer"

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thats the main point though isnt it, I and others dont have a problem with getting bums on seats and the fact the seats will be filled is amazing.

No problem with the priority groups getting the priority as that has to be the case and fair play to those who have had season tickets for X amount of years and the Alive & Kicking group.

The main issues arise with + 3 people sitting somewhere random and not with the group that have assisted them, the jonny come lately's who just suddenly fancy going being ahead of the heart and soul of the club....people who have placed thousends and thousends of pounds into the club are falling shy in certain areas.

The fans who now want to be a part of the albion who have stood in the pub shouting about spurs scoring being ahead because they know someone who goes to withdean.

My appointment luckily is in early feb, but for those who are towards the end of feb I feel even more sorry for & I for one will certainly having a word with Martin Perry and the powers that be if on my appointment day all the areas I want to go are gone.

We pay the money, so we should be allowed a voice.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's compromise and reducing fron +3 to +2 might create some difficulty if you have extended family units (eg x3 generations) or different families wanting to sit together; the former would have been the case for us had my father still been alive.

That's not going to work for existing ST's who have chosen to join the 1901 club at the Amex; why should they be treated differently to you or me?

At the end of the day BHA is at last being run as a business; there's a £4.6M annual loss to address, £70M+ to be repaid to the chairman by 2023(5?) and if we are to progress as a club then the board have to maximise the income. Remember what TB said when he became chairman - "we must be self-financing at Falmer"

I was trying to come up with an alterantive, but there isnt one really, thats why they rolled this one out. Whatever system they adopted, some people would lose out, some people would benefit.

There are individual cases to every scenario no doubt.

Everyone knows the club needs to make the money back, and they are doing it very well so far seemingly. I dont think anyone begrudges them that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here