Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ambrose

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Some nice quotes on the BBS:

"I highly doubt Ambrose will be going anywhere.

Someone had picked up the story here in the McCormack thread and speculated.

Ambrose is an Eagle!"

"I would be gutted to see ambrose leave. He should be in Dougie's plans for a consistent run in a free attacking role or right wing. Played in a position that suits him in a performing more attacking side and he will be one of our most important players."

"If this was any where near the truth I would tell McCormack to stay at Leeds.

I don't think many Palace fans realise what sort of player we have in Ambrose"

"I agree. I would really worry if he left."

"If we sell Ambrose I'll be gutted! I got married at the weekend and i was the happiest man alive till I read this!!!!!"

"Absolutely gobsmacked."

"Cant believe this, wtf is Dougie and cpfc 2010 thinking"

"Why did my Dad introduce me to Palace. Life is even more depressing"

Ahahahahahahahaaaa
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Is it a good buy for Birmingham ? Yes.

Would I have him here for £250k ? No.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Seems an odd decision.

Can only presume it is to pave the way for incoming players, who are possibly better and considerably cheaper with wages.

Or possibly, that Season Ticket sales are disappointing and cutting the losses will enable them to hold on to Zaha for another season.

I did see that they have only "sold" 250 Season Tickets for U-10s. When I see how many youngsters there are at The Amex, I,m really surprised at how low that figure is, particularly when the U-10 ticket can be used by an adult (no extra charge) for mid-week games.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd be surprised if he's on as little as £13k a week.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
* #488 *
Today, 06:55 PM

TC EAGLE

brighton are crowing on there boards saying scum loosing good players relegation fodder blah blah blah, please dougie shut those muppets up.

YES WE ARE :)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's a well known fact the Dougie's ambition is to go a whole season without scoring a goal. In fact, the idea behind selling Scannell and Ambrose is because we are only going to start games with 9 men, all defenders who will be fined if they enter the opposition's half.

If we have sold our leading creator of goals to Birmingham for 250K then CPFC2010/Dougie have seriously lost the plot. Darren's game has never been about pace and athleticism. If it was then he would be playing at a far higher level than the Championship. Unless we have some seriously good incoming signings I would start, without wanting to sound melodramatic, to become very concerned. Darren is part of the fabric of the club, and could not be more settled here. What is going on!!

* #513 *
Today, 07:10 PM

Jono14

IS THIS A ******* JOKE

(time to change that signature lol)

250K is f**king ridiculous!

FFS MURRAY

Movember United Kingdom - Home

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would love it if the rumour was true that Gus was up north today to lure Ross McCormack to The Amex and join a BIG CLUB.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
This quote on there is definitely the best!

Why did my Dad introduce me to Palace. Life is even more depressing

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As most have said we don't need and they have sold on the cheap, it's rather amusing looks like time are not so rosey up the road despite having the worlds greatest player ever and 4 of the richest man to grace this planet.
Ha ha ha...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But only as the 'support' striker signing after RSC or some other GEM :D

McCormack is a much more realistic target than Roque Santa Cruz or Justin Rhodes , plus the fact Gus still has his contacts and is highly regarded at Elland Road.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surprised he has gone for so little, can only assume he is in final year of contract and Birmingham offered the best amount. Always thought him to be a great player on his day, looked tasty for Charlton quite often, not sure how often his day is though, I get the impression he is a bit of a salad dodger.

Birmingham have signed Hayden Mullins today too, putting together an experienced looking squad.

Jan 12, 2012
Surprised he has gone for so little, can only assume he is in final year of contract and Birmingham offered the best amount. Always thought him to be a great player on his day, looked tasty for Charlton quite often, not sure how often his day is though, I get the impression he is a bit of a salad dodger.

Birmingham have signed Hayden Mullins today too, putting together an experienced looking squad.

You are correct, Ambrose is in the last year of his contract,and is reportedly the top earner. Darren's set piece delivery is superb,and even after suffering lots of niggling injuries in the past year,he still scored some vital goals. Will be sad to see him leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here