Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ambrose

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just seen Adrian Durham having a pop via twitter. 'mare of a summer' 'wow palace are going to win the championship according to their fans, let's see that happen' were the highlights :)

Alas Birmingham have parted with circa £1m according to journos in the Midlands.

We'll take that, laugh all the way to the bank and then realise we've got all those bills to pay from our administration period.

Long term plan - win League One in season 2013/14 ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The fee will probably remain undisclosed.I think the decision to sell him was based on him being in his last year of his contract, and his large salary. He had a brilliant 1st season with us,but he sadly never matched it again and was constantly getting injuries. Lots of our fans are not happy about him going, but on reflection, it's probably the best decision for everyone.
If we sign a decent replacement, the anger will soon subside, that's football for you.

Fair do's. Probably good business, in as much as freeing up wages...why don't you put an offer in for Harley? He's bloody brilliant :whistle:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oddschecker.com shows the bookies have Palace finishing 4th bottom in 21st position. Albion are 8th.

Palace 5/2 to go down with SkyBet. Albion 18/1 to go down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oddschecker.com shows the bookies have Palace finishing 4th bottom in 21st position. Albion are 8th.

Palace 5/2 to go down with SkyBet. Albion 18/1 to go down.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Administrations R Us would see 21st position as a good result - preserving their "proud" record of 35 years in the top 2 divisions while screwing the local community & charities on a regular basis.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wtf is happening with palace and this player exodus?

Ambrose is a steal at £250k

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Wtf is happening with palace and this player exodus?

Ambrose is a steal at £250k

By player exodus, do you mean selling two players?

Dougie isn't just selling players for fun, he's selling them to increase his transfer budget and then spend on their replacements. Could we get a better player than Ambrose with £1m and £13.5k per week in wages? Probably.

Something needed to be done about the terrible form in the second half of the season. This (very small) "exodus" you speak of is just Freedman moving on players he doesn't think are right for the club. Apparently Ambrose is one of those players, he really didn't want to leave.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Tick tock tick tock its the relegation clock

Hehe

Not selling our best players for low prices - CPFC2010

Sell their top goal scorer and creator for 250k

:thud:

Hoho

Some nice quotes on the BBS:

"I highly doubt Ambrose will be going anywhere.

Someone had picked up the story here in the McCormack thread and speculated.

Ambrose is an Eagle!"

"I would be gutted to see ambrose leave. He should be in Dougie's plans for a consistent run in a free attacking role or right wing. Played in a position that suits him in a performing more attacking side and he will be one of our most important players."

"If this was any where near the truth I would tell McCormack to stay at Leeds.

I don't think many Palace fans realise what sort of player we have in Ambrose"

"I agree. I would really worry if he left."

"If we sell Ambrose I'll be gutted! I got married at the weekend and i was the happiest man alive till I read this!!!!!"

"Absolutely gobsmacked."

"Cant believe this, wtf is Dougie and cpfc 2010 thinking"

"Why did my Dad introduce me to Palace. Life is even more depressing"

Ahahahahahahahaaaa

And ohohohohohohahahahahaha! ....especially the last bit!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
plus two players declining new contracts
plus five players being released.

All players released were either youth team or just plain shit. The two players declining new contracts were Clyne (who is going to the Premiership) and Gardner (who we only signed on a 1 year deal and who tore his hamstring off the bone at the end of last season)

There's a few mixed reactions at Palace. There are the teenagers who's favourite players were Ambrose and Scannell who are gutted. Then there are the ones who've seen this before who know exactly what's going on - the manager wants to do things properly and he wants a certain type of player in the club. It just seems like Ambrose wasn't the player we needed. He's a fantastic talent but he goes missing for 80 minutes of the game, you only play him for his corners and free-kicks but they're so good you forget about it his downsides.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
plus two players declining new contracts
plus five players being released.

you forgot Winifred !!! :lol: Palace need to sell him to reduce their losses this season , Williams will be sold next season. All part of the plan to turn Palace into the new Crewe Alexandra.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
By player exodus, do you mean selling two players?

Dougie isn't just selling players for fun, he's selling them to increase his transfer budget and then spend on their replacements. Could we get a better player than Ambrose with £1m and £13.5k per week in wages? Probably.

Something needed to be done about the terrible form in the second half of the season. This (very small) "exodus" you speak of is just Freedman moving on players he doesn't think are right for the club. Apparently Ambrose is one of those players, he really didn't want to leave.

Shame you've got £250k for him not £1mill

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
will end up nearer 1 mill, with add ons etc

Birmingham are taking a punt on not having to pay any extras as these will be wiped out by the next Palace administration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here