Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You're right, it's just laziness. It's not hard to find a left-back. Every other club in the division has managed it. Keeping dross like Mayo just makes us look even more amateurish than we really are.

Do we look amateurish? How would you rectify this inherent lack of professionalism seemingly permeating throughout the club?

Or do we have a poster whose vocabulary is only limited to contentious extremes?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You're right, it's just laziness. It's not hard to find a left-back. Every other club in the division has managed it. Keeping dross like Mayo just makes us look even more amateurish than we really are.

I don't see other league clubs clamouring to sign our Kerry up. Funny thing that. If we can't or don't want a better left back it doesn't say much for our ambition or Adams' judgement of our needs as a club.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You don't see ANY clubs signing him up.

That's not to say he hasn't had offers.

Point taken. He's probably had loads of offers but has turned them all down because he wants to stay with us. Somehow I doubt it though.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I don't see other league clubs clamouring to sign our Kerry up. Funny thing that. If we can't or don't want a better left back it doesn't say much for our ambition or Adams' judgement of our needs as a club.

As I said in reply to another one of the Tadger's ramblings, "Mayo was expected to go with the squad to Ireland, yet he didn't. Why do you think that was?"

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
As I said in reply to another one of the Tadger's ramblings, "Mayo was expected to go with the squad to Ireland, yet he didn't. Why do you think that was?"

Not fully fit?

:lol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm sure he's had an offer from Lewes, and probably a few more from clubs of that standard. If he'd had any DECENT offer he wouldn't be desperate to come back to the albion for training having been released.

Quite.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Do you realise the whole changing usernames thing makes you look like you've got the brain of a primary school child? If you had my REAL name and thought of something WITTY then by all means go ahead, but usernames on the internet? Sad:rolleyes:

Also, if by "gaffer" you mean Adams then where the f*** have I said he's lazy? These sort of decisions have been going on a lot longer than the last two months.

It's so easy to bait somebody who thinks such a lot of himself. ;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm sure he's had an offer from Lewes, and probably a few more from clubs of that standard. If he'd had any DECENT offer he wouldn't be desperate to come back to the albion for training having been released.

See, you're doing it again, using contentious language where none is necessary. Words and phrases like '...offer from Lewes, and... clubs of that standard', implying derision - as though that's all he's worthy of from you, and words like 'desperate'. Yeah, he needs a club, but do you do it for effect, or perhaps you're in desperate need to expand your vocabulary?

You're making out it's his decision alone to whether he gets a contract. He's not 'desperate' in the manner that it's the be-all and end-all to return, although it would be bloody handy for him. He's had one or two offers, but like the vast majority of footballers released by their clubs last season, he will keep looking to improve on the one they've had until they find one that suits them.

The Albion, it appears, are considering a contract for him. He's hoping, and would like one, but 'desperate'? Oh, please.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Firstly, you're definitely reading too much into my 'vocabulary.' Quite who made you the linguistics expert I don't know. I'll write how I want, you write how you want. Let's leave it at that.

As for Mayo, to be honest I stand by 'desperate.' I will give you my reasons. For a start, if he had received a decent offer (ie one from a league club somewhere vaguely near Brighton) he'd be signed up and long gone by now. The fact his offers have obviously been unsuitable thus far suggest to me he'd do ANYTHING for a new contract with us. Indeed, the fact he's simply TRAINING with us instead of signing elsewhere proves how awful those offers must be. Realistically, he knows his current level of performance won't entice a new league one club, so playing the loyalty card with us is the only way to stay at this level. All in all, we're the only way he can prevent falling into non-league obscurity. I guess others could be placed in this bracket too, but as news of their contracts aren't on the argus back page I am seen to be going on about Mayo. If, in your opinion, Mayo isn't desperate for an albion contract, do you honestly feel there is any chance he would turn one down?

In what way is Kerry Mayo playing the "loyalty card" ?

.. in what way is he desperate ?

If the club definitely didn't want he'd be gone by now.

If there is the slightest bit of interest it makes perfect sense for him to hang around doesn't it ? It's called keeping your options open, and it's what grown ups do.

Adams is obviously considering him at the moment, he's not exactly camped out outside his house in a tent waiting for a contract. It's also far from unusual for out of contract players to train with a club.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about who should be on the books, but your reading in the situation above is up there with finest crap I've ever read on here.

If, in your opinion, Mayo isn't desperate for an albion contract, do you honestly feel there is any chance he would turn one down?
- that's absolute nonsense and doesn't prove your point in the slightest.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here