Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
But he proved as often as not not to be. Seems to be more a myth than reality. Agree, Richards is the next stage up but is he interested in us? only saying Kerry is a solid reserve not first choice

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd dispute the assertion that Kerry is a solid reserve. Wilkins didn't think so, McGhee was lukewarm at best.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
True, but then what's the point of this message board?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that to use the criteria that Wilkins or McGhee did or did not rate Mayo does not offer an insight into whether or not the posters on here think that he should or should not be given another contract. The man who decides that is MA and we can all have our own views on the rights or wrongs of it and as such any argument should be based on our own opinions and not what previous managers have done.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ok, well that's where we disagree seemingly. You're working on the basis that he has other clubs he could possibly join, and is training with us until something comes to fruition. It is my opinion that he's had offers from noone better than Lewes, and the prospect of loitering around the albion praying that Micky will take pity on him is a lot more appealing than signing for them. In short, neither of us KNOW for a fact what the situation is, but I just can't believe that if any sort of decent club had come in for him he wouldn't have signed up immediately.

By 'meaningless' I meant your criticism of me, and similarly any criticisms I make of you, are meaningless as there is no way either of us know if what we are saying about each other is true. I value your opinion as much as anyone else on the site, so in that sense we all hold some significance, but getting drawn into a debate about my english skills was meaningless without me providing proof of work, exams results etc. Fair, no?

See, that's where you haven't been paying attention.

As for Micky taking pity on him... this isn't a game of Doctors & Nurses, you know. :rolleyes:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ok, well that's where we disagree seemingly. You're working on the basis that he has other clubs he could possibly join, and is training with us until something comes to fruition. It is my opinion that he's had offers from noone better than Lewes, and the prospect of loitering around the albion praying that Micky will take pity on him is a lot more appealing than signing for them. In short, neither of us KNOW for a fact what the situation is, but I just can't believe that if any sort of decent club had come in for him he wouldn't have signed up immediately.

By 'meaningless' I meant your criticism of me, and similarly any criticisms I make of you, are meaningless as there is no way either of us know if what we are saying about each other is true. I value your opinion as much as anyone else on the site, so in that sense we all hold some significance, but getting drawn into a debate about my english skills was meaningless without me providing proof of work, exams results etc. Fair, no?

I think everyone understands now that you are not Mayo's number 1 fan and from reading your posts your opinion seems to be formed on the basis of

1) He makes mistakes that have cost us games
2) Lots of people around you at games always comment on his ability and mistakes
3) No other clubs have offered him a contract

Now I am never going to convince you that Mayo will be a reasonable cover at left back and therefore worthy of a contract but can you explain why you have such a problem with Mayo when the player you hold in such high regard in your avatar also experiences all of the above 3 things you seem to hold against Kerry?

Selective memory perhaps?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Your grasp of the English language, tonight at least, appears tenuous. It is limited - 'meaningless random' (random is an adjective, not a noun).

I am currently surrounded by more of the yoof than is normally the case. They all use random as a noun. If the English language is an evolving thing then random has become a noun. See the OED in about 2013.

I am afraid TLO that you have reached the age when your finger is no longer anywhere near the pulse. People like C. Badger are the future and it is time for us to retire gracefully.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am currently surrounded by more of the yoof than is normally the case. They all use random as a noun. If the English language is an evolving thing then random has become a noun. See the OED in about 2013.

I am afraid TLO that you have reached the age when your finger is no longer anywhere near the pulse. People like C. Badger are the future and it is time for us to retire gracefully.

Let me go in a blaze of glory then please - something like razing a metaphorical hotel, or a surrealistic verb-noun train crash.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!

If that were true it would really scare the shit out of me. It would be a case of, "Would the last person to leave the UK please turn out the light."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My point is that to use the criteria that Wilkins or McGhee did or did not rate Mayo does not offer an insight into whether or not the posters on here think that he should or should not be given another contract. The man who decides that is MA and we can all have our own views on the rights or wrongs of it and as such any argument should be based on our own opinions and not what previous managers have done.

opinions get formed from many different influences. The points you've made about ex managers all contribute to someones opinion

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
a new song for Mayo:

Why the f***..
Why the f***
WHY THE f*** ARE YOU STILL HERE?!
Why the fuuuuuuck are you still here?

above song is based on the notion he does play a couple of games and looks passed it of course, if by some miracle he's the best player on the park replace above with:

Thank the Lord you are still here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here