Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
no but the constant abuse a certain few players get on here is getting quite tiresome.

I ignore it as some have said if he is good enough to be in MA's plans then thats it or is MA also a useless tosser .................no I did'nt think so..

FAR TO MUCH CHARACTER ASSASSINATION FOR MY LIKING

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm presuming someone didn't go to Huddersfield or Southend, because if you had "not skinned by the opposing winger" would NOT be words coming out of your keyboard! That was far from his best football. He raised his game for a few weeks (as he ALWAYS does when he gets back in the team, before letting his fitness go and letting the game-costing mistakes creep in) and managed to look competant at best. He was still no Matt Richards.

His best football was the season we went down under Coppell when he was very good. Then, as I mentioned, there are several other seasons where he's been average enough to justify his place. Does that really deserve 12 years worth of wages though?

Same could be said for alot of players.

Thing is we still have couple as we have no decent cover in those positions, hence why Mayo may get another contract

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yep, Micky does know more about football managemwnt than me.
But then, I'm not making a total tit of myself by employed Mayo am I?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep, Micky does know more about football managemwnt than me.
But then, I'm not making a total tit of myself by employed Mayo am I?

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there?

Micky knows more about football management, but by employing Mayo, you're calling into question his football management skills? So if you know less than him, what point are you pulling him up on, bearing in mind he knows more than you?

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Haven't you just contradicted yourself there?

Micky knows more about football management, but by employing Mayo, you're calling into question his football management skills? So if you know less than him, what point are you pulling him up on, bearing in mind he knows more than you?

Smartarse :lol:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We do have several options at left back, bloody Lynch for a start. Anyone that thinks Kerry is in the same planetary orbit as Joel, must have been sniffing the happy gas.

Its borderline misappropriation of funds to consider paying Mayo as a footballer next season.

Save the wages, and sign a new left-footer if you want one.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
A person knowing more about football than somebody else, doesn't make them immune from making ridiculous mistakes.
And re-signing Mayo is the biggerst Mistake Adams will probably ever make.

he will live to regret it if he plays him, because Kerry will cost us valuable points, at both ends of the pitch.

Most of the Albion fans can see it, why can't the (supposedly good) manager.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A person knowing more about football than somebody else, doesn't make them immune from making ridiculous mistakes.
And re-signing Mayo is the biggerst Mistake Adams will probably ever make.

he will live to regret it if he plays him, because Kerry will cost us valuable points, at both ends of the pitch.

Most of the Albion fans can see it, why can't the (supposedly good) manager.

Football management isn't a democracy. So the contention that the majority don't think Mayo's is much cop is totally irrelevant. You're just going to have to live with that.

Secondly, someone knowing more about football doesn't make them immune from mkaing mistakes etc, you are quite right. However, it doesn't change the fact that you are again pre-judging someone who knows more than you. How does that work?

Thirdly, methinks you doth protest too much. Your criticism - sorry, wholesale professional destruction - of someone you are blind to, is now on the plane of a mantra, or repeated chant. In other words, we heard you first time. I so hope it comes back to bite you on the bum.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Exactly. A totally ludicrous post by Rookie. Far from the manager ALWAYS knows best, I think you have to appreciate the large number of people who are totally against Mayo. With any signing there will be a few doubters, I mean some idiots even dislike Murray, and in those situations the majority/manager are likely to be right. But when 2/3 of the supporters who have been watching the club for the last few years absolutely DREAD the return of a player, most giving plenty of good reasons as to why he's not up to the job, surely they have a right to be 'right' over a manager who's watched him in training for a couple of weeks?

You seem to be passing your opinion off as fact. Where are these stats that say the majority of support do not want Mayo to get a contract?

You seem to to speak as if you are the voice of the fans.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
f*** me, I've just had a brain wave.

I'm going to ask Micky to sign me on and play me at left back.

All I've got to do is run around like a headless chicken trying to work out who I'm supposed to be marking, mis-time half a dozen tackles, concede one or two free kicks around the box, hoof the ball as high as bleedin' possible into the stand whenever we're going forward, wave to the fans, kiss my badge and nip off for a shower.

Job done

I'm an instant local institution, and will never be criticised again.

I'll get paid pretty well to.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I've got another idea for Micky...

Why not re-sign Mayo, and release Harty and Reid..........oh hang on a minute!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well I talk to fans, listen to people at games etc and I would say the majority recognise that although Mayo is not a preferred option at left back he is useful to provide much needed cover in times of injury and suspension. Seems to be a view shared by both our previous managers and our current one.

I would not say I hear anymore negative comments about Mayo than Kuipers (one of your favourites) which I would argue is equally unjust

There does seem to be an element of our support who seem to pick a player and can't wait for the first poor pass or missed tackle to get on their backs. All the time being remaining totally oblivious to the errors of their preferred players.

Kerry Mayo is far from the best left back we have ever seen but some of the comments on here about him are just total shite. Whatever you think about him he has played professional football for more years than most the muppets on here could ever dream to. You don't do that without having some ability whatever some of the keyboard managers on here think

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I talk to fans, listen to people at games etc and I would say the majority recognise that although Mayo is not a preferred option at left back he is useful to provide much needed cover in times of injury and suspension. Seems to be a view shared by both our previous managers and our current one.

I would not say I hear anymore negative comments about Mayo than Kuipers (one of your favourites) which I would argue is equally unjust

There does seem to be an element of our support who seem to pick a player and can't wait for the first poor pass or missed tackle to get on their backs. All the time being remaining totally oblivious to the errors of their preferred players.

Kerry Mayo is far from the best left back we have ever seen but some of the comments on here about him are just total shite. Whatever you think about him he has played professional football for more years than most the muppets on here could ever dream to. You don't do that without having some ability whatever some of the keyboard managers on here think

The man speaks with wisdom and virtue.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
An alternative idea to avoid wasting money on players such as May would be to remove all payers from the wage bill who are not in the first fifteen.

That way squad players who cost the club money and are not first-choice would no longer be an expense.

Bin the reserves as well - they're not exactly going to be helping us beat sides this year.

hey presto - huge savings for the club at a critical time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here