Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
in some cases, yeah, Mayo should go join another team...
but in other views, he deserves just one more year at the club where he has spent so much of his career.

i wouldnt mind him still at the club to be honest, a back up with experience would do no harm in the long run.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Please pick up an injury Mayo

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have to say i'm surprised Mayo is still wearing a Brighton shirt.. BUT to be fair, he looked more accomplished than Haswell (which might be a bit harsh on the lad) and looked slimmer than he has done for a while.

At the end of the day, Micky Adams knows more about it than I do... so be it...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
god i love some of the people who post on here, Mayo has been given a contract and played by every manager at this club for the last 10 years and been abused for pretty much that whole time but yet still somehow these professional football managers who have been in the game for years keeping picking him. I mean what do they know they should be listening to keyboard warriors who know everything

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
All these new players and scouting and we can't even find a decent left back:thud: christ most left backs are better than mayo,every time mayo plays i don't feel confident.

get rid please adams:censored:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Mayo deserves a contract as experienced back-up. He can fill in at this level, he did it well last season. Technically he may not be the best but mentally Mayo has stronger skills than anyone on this board could dream for.

Giving him a contract doesn't mean will stop searching for another left-back. Adams knows you can't have a 33 year old expected to play in one position all season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
god i love some of the people who post on here, Mayo has been given a contract and played by every manager at this club for the last 10 years and been abused for pretty much that whole time but yet still somehow these professional football managers who have been in the game for years keeping picking him. I mean what do they know they should be listening to keyboard warriors who know everything

Adams....the manager who's limit is League 1.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Current number of leftbacks at the club: 0
Current number of wingers at the club: 5 (including Currie)

I find it funny that I didn't even want Adams back to start with and yet have more faith in his decisions than people who went CRAZY over his return.

correct

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mayo deserves a contract as experienced back-up. He can fill in at this level, he did it well last season. Technically he may not be the best but mentally Mayo has stronger skills than anyone on this board could dream for.

Giving him a contract doesn't mean will stop searching for another left-back. Adams knows you can't have a 33 year old expected to play in one position all season.

also correct

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well, I don't know whether there is some kind of mass hypnosis thing going on here, but Kerry Mayo is unaldulterated shite!.

In over 30 years of watching the Albion, I have yet to see a more complete muppet don the stripes (and yes, many names spring to mind as competition there).
He has the positional sense of a startled rabbit, the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, and the distribution ability of a one-legged baboon.
He's careless (for that read useless) in defense, offers nothing coming forward, and holds the team back in virtually every way.

If Micky can't find a better suited left back, either within the squad, or elsewhere, then he is not the manager I thought he was (heaven forbid that he is considering playing him in midfield).

Personally, I find it an insult that he's thinking of offering him new terms.

I don't doubt the lads commitment and dedication, just his ability.
He has "done a job" for us in the past, against shitty league 2 opposition, and has had the odd game or two at a higher level where he was OK (sort of).

If he plays at all this season, I hope its because there's a flu epidemic, and we only have 11 fit players in the ENTIRE club.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nice bloke, local bloke who cares enough about the club to have stayed here and worked hard to get a contract rather than take a deal elsewhere.

Isn't going to outpace a young winger but what he can do, he does consistently and well. Personally I thought he came in and did a good job last season when required, and I think some people are trying too hard to find faults in him, rather than stepping back and seeing that he's a decent squad player who can have a role to play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice bloke, local bloke who cares enough about the club to have stayed here and worked hard to get a contract rather than take a deal elsewhere.

I don't subscribe to the idea that Kerry Mayo cares so much about the club that he's turned down deals elsewhere. Any evidence that there's ever been the slightest snifter of interest from any other League club for the bloke? That's not loyalty, that's wanting to stay employed instead of unemployed. Kerry knows how to play the system, and it always involves catching the eye of the manager in pre-season and getting that new contract under the belt. If he wasn't a left-sided defender, there's no way he would feature in any plans for the future at this stage. About the only good thing that can be said about Kerry Mayo is that he isn't Dodgy Dan Harding.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here