Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams on Mayo :( and Currie

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well, I don't know whether there is some kind of mass hypnosis thing going on here, but Kerry Mayo is unaldulterated shite!.

In over 30 years of watching the Albion, I have yet to see a more complete muppet don the stripes (and yes, many names spring to mind as competition there).
He has the positional sense of a startled rabbit, the turning circle of an aircraft carrier, and the distribution ability of a one-legged baboon.
He's careless (for that read useless) in defense, offers nothing coming forward, and holds the team back in virtually every way.

If Micky can't find a better suited left back, either within the squad, or elsewhere, then he is not the manager I thought he was (heaven forbid that he is considering playing him in midfield).

Personally, I find it an insult that he's thinking of offering him new terms.

I don't doubt the lads commitment and dedication, just his ability.
He has "done a job" for us in the past, against shitty league 2 opposition, and has had the odd game or two at a higher level where he was OK (sort of).

If he plays at all this season, I hope its because there's a flu epidemic, and we only have 11 fit players in the ENTIRE club.

Your post is 100% bollocks.

Mayo has been much better than 'OK' at a higer level than we are now, and I for one think Micky Adams knows a lot more about football than you.

Mayo would be, as the squad stands good for cover at left back.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'll say it again why do people on here think they know better than every manager we have had for the last 10 years? He must be doing something right to get contracts from all of those, if Adams thinks he can do a job as back up or whatever then that is all that matters not what a few people on here think

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'll say it again why do people on here think they know better than every manager we have had for the last 10 years? He must be doing something right to get contracts from all of those, if Adams thinks he can do a job as back up or whatever then that is all that matters not what a few people on here think

Post of the day

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

We might as well close the site down then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We might as well close the site down then.

no but the constant abuse a certain few players get on here is getting quite tiresome.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Say it often enough, you might even end up believing it. However, the cognoscenti know BETTER :lol:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Exactly. A totally ludicrous post by Rookie. Far from the manager ALWAYS knows best, I think you have to appreciate the large number of people who are totally against Mayo. With any signing there will be a few doubters, I mean some idiots even dislike Murray, and in those situations the majority/manager are likely to be right. But when 2/3 of the supporters who have been watching the club for the last few years absolutely DREAD the return of a player, most giving plenty of good reasons as to why he's not up to the job, surely they have a right to be 'right' over a manager who's watched him in training for a couple of weeks?

How can you ever be right over a manager, it's his decision

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Of course Adams will make his mind up without the input from fans.

But we are entitled to our say as well from the terraces, both for and against.

If players are so precious they can't take the heat, then they shouldn't be in the game, certainly at a pro level.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just because someone's a football manager it doesn't mean they're ALWAYS right you know. Think of some of the clowns we've had in charge - do you think they were right with every decision they made?

In this case, it's a manager who's seen him for a couple of weeks v fans who've paid to watch Mayo's shit for years. I know who I would believe.

For one manager to be 'wrong' is one thing - but SEVEN managers to make the same 'mistake'? ???

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Of course Adams will make his mind up without the input from fans.

But we are entitled to our say as well from the terraces, both for and against.

If players are so precious they can't take the heat, then they shouldn't be in the game, certainly at a pro level.

And they certainly shouldn't POST on or read message boards if they can't take the TRUTH
:angry::angry::angry:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just because someone's a football manager it doesn't mean they're ALWAYS right you know. Think of some of the clowns we've had in charge - do you think they were right with every decision they made?

In this case, it's a manager who's seen him for a couple of weeks v fans who've paid to watch Mayo's shit for years. I know who I would believe.

More than a couple of weeks though, you are forgetting Micky knows Mayo from his spell here before.

I'm not a mayo fan, but can see the advantage of having him in the squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. A totally ludicrous post by . But when 2/3 of the supporters who have been watching the club for the last few years absolutely DREAD the return of a player, most giving plenty of good reasons as to why he's not up to the job, surely they have a right to be 'right' over a manager who's watched him in training for a couple of weeks?

2/3rds of NSC maybe but I seriously doubt it's 2/3rds of supporters, unless of course you've carried out a poll?

And you will NEVER be right over a manager because you have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes so do not have all the facts at your disposal.

You are posting like Mayo is gonna be the 1st name on the team sheet next season which he patently isn't. Why not wait and see what happens before insisting that you are right and dragging your vendetta over pages??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mayo wasn't such a disgrace under those managers though. In fact, under Micky first time, Taylor, and Coppell he was average enough to warrant a role in the squad. It's really only the end of the McGhee rein and the entire spell of Wilkins that he's become a complete liability. So as you say, seven managers can't be wrong, but they were mainly judging a different Kerry Mayo to the one we see now.

And the one we see now played some of his best football when he - albeit through default - managed to get back into the team at the end of last season. Neat, controlled, passed the ball well, not skinned by the opposing winger etc.

Incidentally, how average does a player have to be to be runner-up in the fans' Player of the Season poll? ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hart was played at left back in preference to Mayo on a few occasions, if we have to keep one of them, make it Gary.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course I can't prove it's 2/3 of all supporters, it may be higher, it may be lower. But what I do know is that when I take my seat in F block at Withdean each week there is ONE player guaranteed to cop a load of abuse, ironic cheers, and general mocking. That's why I can't understand why a) Mayo wants to let himself in for more of that, and b) Micky is doing the one thing that will lose him some support before a ball has even been kicked.

Also, I have no idea whether he'll be on the teamsheet or not, but if you're right and he 'patently isn't' then why sign him? We don't need someone to simply cover left-back when we have three other players who can perform that role if needs be.

Do you make sure that happens, then? None of that sort of shit happens in my neck of the woods, a mere couple of blocks away.

Here's most people screaming out for a left-back, yet you think we've go four or five already?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here