Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Abd is an insult to every other professional footballer in the country

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Danny Cullip never admitted to making mistakes.

No he blamed anyone else like that farcical error he made at Ipswich and tried to blame on Beasant.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could be worse, we could be Luton or Bournemouth.
Or Palace :sick:
A horrible thought just entered my head , Operation Clockwork Orange with Brighton fans hooked up so they cannot blink and made to watch compilation DVDs of Palace games.:ohmy:

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
BI heard PLENTY of people there today really laying into El Abd and Fraser, chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and "what a load of rubbish." Yet these opinions are often dismissed on here by some do-gooder who never leaves Sussex.

You say PLENTY, I say a minority.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I'm just a bit fed up that everyone there today can see how shit it was and has a right good moan, including a fair few who really went to town on some of our players. But then come on here and a bit of criticism makes you a bad fan.

It isn't even the worst we've played there in the last three seasons. Two years ago we couldn't even pass to each other (although El Abd had a shocker that day).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I find it rather ironic that our biased fans on here appear to be making Adam El Abd the scapegoat for our defeat but the reporter for the News of The World, who one presumes is unbiased, made him our MOM witha score of 7/10.

Oct 25, 2003
I find it rather ironic that our biased fans on here appear to be making Adam El Abd the scapegoat for our defeat but the reporter for the News of The World, who one presumes is unbiased, made him our MOM witha score of 7/10.

wow! yeah, the news of the world- that really RESPECTED media outlet......surely that was ONE PERSONS (ie the reporter at the game) opinion, as opposed to most of the people at the game

making him our man of the match is clearly outrageous, especially as the player playing directly NEXT to him (elphick) was our only remotely decent defender....i can remember el-abd making one good block........if that makes him our BEST PLAYER then i'm just going to give up:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
wow! yeah, the news of the world- that really RESPECTED media outlet......surely that was ONE PERSONS (ie the reporter at the game) opinion, as opposed to most of the people at the game

making him our man of the match is clearly outrageous, especially as the player playing directly NEXT to him (elphick) was our only remotely decent defender....i can remember el-abd making one good block........if that makes him our BEST PLAYER then i'm just going to give up:thumbsup:
Irrespective of the general standard of the paper their sport reporting is usually fairly accurate. As I said their reporter does not have an axe to grind unlike many NSCrs.

Oct 25, 2003
Irrespective of the general standard of the paper their sport reporting is usually fairly accurate. As I said their reporter does not have an axe to grind unlike many NSCrs.

i have no axe to grind at all

but going on mental solo runs, leading to goals, running miles out of position, leading to goals and generally being a CALAMITY all game does NOT give you 'man of the match'

i'm not sure that he was our MOST awful player on the pitch- as at one point he shared the pitch with fleetwood who did NOTHING. El-Abd did make one VERY good block, but apart from that was pretty poor

i personally think either murray or elphick were the only players worthy of being 'man of the match'

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
el abd looked obviously at fault for the third goal, when i saw it on the championship this morning. he was raped.

kuipers wasn't too clever with the second.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme

I'd be surprised if the News of the World reporter was at the game (especially on that evidence).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd be surprised if the News of the World reporter was at the game (especially on that evidence).
As I said on an earlier post , the ratings were supplied by the RNIB. :ohmy:

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Saw Adam in the gym today, back to training when everyone else is resting.

He's a top lad and a legend:bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was sat pretty close, and in my opinion it was around twenty people.
There was a lot more than that singing "what a load of rubbish" , about 20 at the back another 20 halfway up on the right looking down from the back and 30 down the front left.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think some of the problems with our players is they are being played out of their best positions

El Abd doesnt have a best position. In all his time at the Albion he has failed to make any role his own. He rarely impresses me. He makes far too many mistakes and has limitations to most parts of his game. He seems to be cloaked in the same local boy support which gave Kerry Mayo so many years at the club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Adam in the gym today, back to training when everyone else is resting.

He's a top lad and a legend:bowdown:

I think it is the ball he needs to practise with...not the dumbells.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I was sat pretty close, and in my opinion it was around twenty people.

I agree. There were, what, around 300 people there in total and of that I would say 200 of them sat in silence for the whole game. Of the 100 or so who tried to get any songs going, around 20-30-odd sang "You're not fit.." I wasn't one of them, despite being right royally pissed off, but each to their own.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

I used to do Saturday subbing shifts on the sports desk at the News of the World, and a lot of the stats (especially possession percentages) were made up by us for the early editions if all the info wasn't in.

As for El-Abd, I've supported him in the past, especially last season when he was getting slated, but yesterday he was truly terrible. A generous 4 from me.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
He had a shocker yesterday, but THAT doesn't mean he is a bad player. We missed one player in particular yesterday, for his height and strength and that man was Adam Virgo. We all knew putting El-Abd against Danny Graham was always going to be a mismatch. And for the lot who started singing "your not fit to wear the shirt." Well I would like to see you lot put a blue and white shirt on, and go out there and play Professional football. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here