Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Abd is an insult to every other professional footballer in the country

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the fact that several hundred people, including myself, made the trip in the first place proves they ARE supporting the team.

Doesn't mean there can't be an inquest into their abysmal performance afterwards though.

So you post a thread with a title like that ?

Couldn't you just have posted Brighton are shit ?

For the record I've seen more shit perfomances by Brighton than you, so there.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As true as that may be, it wouldn't be making the point I'm making in this one, ie El Abd cost us the game today.

So the player in question is an insult to every other professional footballer in the country then ?

Will they all be texting themselves tomorrow with the news....?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spot on. Give this man a biscuit!

As usual, those of us with the DEDICATION to trek the country supporting the team are castigated by the lazy bastards who sit on here listening to the match.

Wrong:

a) I didn't listen to the match.
b) I'm not castigating you.

Doesn't mean there can't be an inquest

I can't be arsed to dig out a definition for 'inquest' but I would assume there is at least an intimation of something more constructive than this...

Totally f***ing HOPELESS today. No pace, no skill, no strength - tear up his contract now!

Turned inside out for both the first two goals, he made it men against boys out there.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think some of the problems with our players is they are being played out of their best positions - eld abd is normally good in defence - everyone can have an off day but in all fairness he has spent most of this season being left on the bench - i felt he was one of our better players last season - why the change in him as a player this season?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bozza, I didn't mean the "lazy bastards sitting at home" comment as a dig at you. You live in Bristol, so it's fair to assume there will be lots of games you can't get to. It was a GENERAL point really. I heard PLENTY of people there today really laying into El Abd and Fraser, chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and "what a load of rubbish." Yet these opinions are often dismissed on here by some do-gooder who never leaves Sussex.

I left Sussex years ago. It's the title of the thread that leaves you open to criticism.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
He was very good in midfield and then even better when he was forced to go to centre back. Anybody who argues that he wasnt, obviously has a very limited view of good football.

:laugh: OK, I was simply suggesting that he started in different roles, which would be an obvious reason for a differing standard of performance. I didn't make it to either of the games so your attempt to belittle me has failed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think some of the problems with our players is they are being played out of their best positions - eld abd is normally good in defence - everyone can have an off day but in all fairness he has spent most of this season being left on the bench - i felt he was one of our better players last season - why the change in him as a player this season?

He was awful prior to the Leeds home game last year, then after he made that horrendous cock up against them seemed to remove the errors from his game. I have never felt comfortable with him on the pitch, and certainly not anywhere near our defence. Sounds like he seemed to go back to that today. Maybe he just went through half a season of decent from?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
He was awful prior to the Leeds home game last year, then after he made that horrendous cock up against them seemed to remove the errors from his game. I have never felt comfortable with him on the pitch, and certainly not anywhere near our defence. Sounds like he seemed to go back to that today. Maybe he just went through half a season of decent from?

Yes he did make a mistake in the leeds match but what about the rest of the season - didn't he get 4th for player of the season ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:laugh: OK, I was simply suggesting that he started in different roles, which would be an obvious reason for a differing standard of performance. I didn't make it to either of the games so your attempt to belittle me has failed.

It wasnt meant to belittle you any more than it was aimed at the post by De Man Clay who said that ' he wasnt THAT good'

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Bozza, I didn't mean the "lazy bastards sitting at home" comment as a dig at you. You live in Bristol, so it's fair to assume there will be lots of games you can't get to. It was a GENERAL point really. I heard PLENTY of people there today really laying into El Abd and Fraser, chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and "what a load of rubbish." Yet these opinions are often dismissed on here by some do-gooder who never leaves Sussex.

Aimed at me was it? Find a quote where I've dismissed your opinion on the match in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here