Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Abd is an insult to every other professional footballer in the country

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Saw Adam in the gym today, back to training when everyone else is resting.

He's a top lad and a legend:bowdown:

Back in the gym, well lets hope hes getting a job there and finally admitted defeat to his dream of being a footballers! He was f***ing shit yesterday, even Adams said so. The news of the world making him our man of the match just proves that they dont actually watch the games, as he was a disgrace and was among many players not fit to the wear the shit. Including that ginger **** Fraser, f*** OFF YOU TWAT

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Totally f***ing HOPELESS today. No pace, no skill, no strength - tear up his contract now!

Turned inside out for both the first two goals, he made it men against boys out there.

So I would just like to thank our Adam for ruining a day out lasting 18 hours, costing £100, taking in two different COUNTRIES, six different fast food meals, and a crashed hire car.

DISGRACE:angry:

ha but if you didnt have so many fat people in the car then crash wouldnt have happened! better add another £500 to your current £100 total!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
El-Abd has never been a natural footballer. He can't head the ball straight, for starters. He's an athlete who could play pretty much any sport at a high level. This has always been fairly apparent, so I don't know why people seem so shocked when it gets obvious. He clearly gives his all, so I don't really see the point of having a go.

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
bit harsh on el abd

I saw El Abd at my gym at the end of last season when he was swimming non stop lengths to try and get himself fit.

El Abd was not a favourite of mine a couple of seasons ago but I have to say under Wilkins at right back he was superb, especially as he had eradicated silly mistakes.

My message is keep things simple. If you are not playing him at right back or as a central defender leave him out, he is not a midfielder. Yes he can break play up but he is not as comfortable on the ball as most other midfielders in our division.

I would love to see Adams swallow some pride and try and get Lynch back. He is a better defender than Hawkins and lining up with Elphick, it's a good combination.

I still have faith in Adams, I think he has shown a lot of loyalty to certain players. By recalling Lynch he will not lose a lot of face with fans, it's just admitting that maybe he could have been wrong. Good managers get things wrong.

Elphick and Lynch ( if we were to get him back) or Elphick and Virgo as possible first choicers, its a no brainer.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
My message is keep things simple. If you are not playing him at right back or as a central defender leave him out, he is not a midfielder. Yes he can break play up but he is not as comfortable on the ball as most other midfielders in our division.

Yeah, that's a better version of what I was trying to say. He can definitely be effective for us in this division, as long as Metal Micky realises he is only good at basic stuff.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Back in the gym, well lets hope hes getting a job there and finally admitted defeat to his dream of being a footballers! He was f***ing shit yesterday, even Adams said so. The news of the world making him our man of the match just proves that they dont actually watch the games, as he was a disgrace and was among many players not fit to the wear the shit. Including that ginger **** Fraser, f*** OFF YOU TWAT

Big words, I wonder if you'd say them to their face.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
And for the lot who started singing "your not fit to wear the shirt." Well I would like to see you lot put a blue and white shirt on, and go out there and play Professional football. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.....

Don't think that was aimed at an individual player but at all of them, but they seemed to show a little more effort afterwards.

For the countless number of people who shouted and chanted out their anger and frustration yesterday, why should they be ashamed? That makes no sense at all, should we all clap and say well done even though we're playing like we're from the British Gas League?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
And for the lot who started singing "your not fit to wear the shirt." Well I would like to see you lot put a blue and white shirt on, and go out there and play Professional football. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves.....

Grow up.

If you think after travelling all that distance and then watching 11 idiots completly ruin the day with that performance is acceptable, then you should be ashamed of yourself.

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
Adam at his best:

n90599252664737107514cu1.th.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

So would I. It would be BLOODY brilliant to play a game for Brighton.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I find it rather ironic that our biased fans on here appear to be making Adam El Abd the scapegoat for our defeat but the reporter for the News of The World, who one presumes is unbiased, made him our MOM witha score of 7/10.

Perhaps they got confused with the Swindon game on Weds ? :D El Abd was rightly awarded MOM by the match sponsors and 7 would be an accurate mark for me.

I wasn't at the game yesterday so I won't attempt to defend yesterdays performance. I don't like scapegoating though as I agree with the old cliche - 'You win as a team and lose as a team'.

I agree with others that he doesn't look comfortable in possession and that he often gives away possession due to poor passes, and for this reason I'm not keen on him playing in midfield. However, he's commitment to the cause and bravery can rarely be faulted, and he seems more than capable slotting anywhere into the defence whenever called upon. Everyone has shockers sometimes.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
El-Abd always gives 100% when ever I have seen him play. Granted he is not the most technically gifted player, he is a worker...

So he had a really poor game, people have bad games the abuse is over the top. Hawkins has had ALOT more bad games this season so far!

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
El-Abd always gives 100% when ever I have seen him play. Granted he is not the most technically gifted player, he is a worker...

So he had a really poor game, people have bad games the abuse is over the top. Hawkins has had ALOT more bad games this season so far!

Id play well and make effort for the club! doesnt me i should get played

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
El-Abd has always been a bloody good tackler and a poor distributor. They're his skills, the manager has to use them effectively. I wasn't there yesterday but it sounds like he went temporarily insane! I hope people won't judge a player on one game (lets face it, Murray wouldn't still be here if we did), E-Abd has been very good for us in the past.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
El-Abd has always been a bloody good tackler and a poor distributor. They're his skills, the manager has to use them effectively. I wasn't there yesterday but it sounds like he went temporarily insane! I hope people won't judge a player on one game (lets face it, Murray wouldn't still be here if we did), E-Abd has been very good for us in the past.

Agreed.

I was not at the game either, but the abuse on here is uncalled for. All footballers have a shocker occasionally.

Let the guy show us it was just one bad performance. I truly believe we need him as a squad player.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

Ashamed? How f***ing dare you. Surely even someone with as little intelligence as you must have have seen that the performace was unacceptable. Do you really think cheering and applauding that shit helps the team?

As has been said, the performace seemed to improve after the crowd got on their backs. Maybe that helped them realise what a joke they had been and they wanted to show the fans that they were fit to wear the shirt.

And why would you like us to play for the Albion? What a f***ing retarded thing to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here