Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About The Worst BHAFC Game For Ages

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
Ah, so one shit season and a player should be shown the door? Wasn't Drogba shit in his first season at Chelsea?
But Drogba had played at a high level already elsewhere.

Doug Loft however has come from, errm, a 9th tier side.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AdrianDINho said:
But Drogba had played at a high level already elsewhere.

Doug Loft however has come from, errm, a 9th tier side.

I was talking about Frutos you plank

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Frutos has been unlucky. He (as he said himself) wasn't feeling right and looked slow and lethargic. He has never really got into it and due to lack of first team opportunities, hasn't really had the chance. Catch 22 as Mr Frutos, quite rightly, stated.

I dearly hope that we hold onto him as he is a player that excites me and if he can regain the sort of form that he showed in the Championship, then he can be a real asset.

Loft - Shows some natural talent, but I just don't think he has anything more about his game. Pretty to watch at times, but not enough to make it as a pro.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Piece of crap today. Practically all the Huddersfield team got booked for dissent, and we played with two invisible forwards in Jakey and Revell. bloody stupid withdrawal of Bas (unless he was injured - which he didn't seem to be). Huddersfield are a team who are supposed to LEAK goals away from home, but their keeper was rarely troubled in any shape or form. Don't think we had a single corner in the second half. And Zesh Rehmann spent most of the game taking meaningless throw-ins.

Don't get much worse than this.

Unless of course you were unlucky enough to be watching the England game tonight :lol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
Ah, so one shit season and a player should be shown the door? Wasn't Drogba shit in his first season at Chelsea?
No. :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
In all fairness, I feel it is going to take a while for him to learn. At youth level, it is all about performances and not points. I felt that DK didn't offer him a long term contract - once bitten, twice... - but he still may.

Man Utd persevered with Fergie, despite being a huge let down at the start of his Man Utd managerial career. I am not saying we have a Fergis on our hands, but he is learning and it is a steep learning curve. He hasn't had much of a chance to mould his own side. He has done wonders in some games, but not others.

Perhaps I am being a bit too lenient.

I dont subscribe to that point of view at all.

We are in a hard nose professional game here. The last game we played was ok ( scunthorpe) apart from that we have been terrible this season.

3 GOALS AT HOME SINCE CHRITSMAS IS PATHETIC

That is why I will pick and chose my games next year and I have never ever felt like that in my 32 years of supporting this club

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Dave the Gaffer said:

We are in a hard nose professional game here. The last game we played was ok ( scunthorpe) apart from that we have been terrible this season.

:clap: :clap:

Wilkins gets a lot of support, on the grounds that he's 'learning his trade', that he's come through the youth, and that he's not McGhee.

However, if we'd appointed a proper manager and were in this mess, then the fans would be FURIOUS. With the exception of about 5 home games all season, we've been SHOCKING. We've been better away, but still not to the extent that it's been enjoyable to watch.

1066gull

Dave the Gaffer said:

That is why I will pick and chose my games next year and I have never ever felt like that in my 32 years of supporting this club
This is a worrying trend. So many fans are considering this option, and it let me think, do you pay up front the whole amount in one go or in monthly instalments, lets say car insurance?

So why the hell is a football season ticket different? So what if you end up paying more, forking out £500 is to much money to lose at one time.

There are other things in life that should take priority. Like a mortgage, insurance and if you have a family that costs a lot too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave the Gaffer said:
Putting my neutral hat on today as I couldnt be arsed who had won that encounter, a fe wthings came to mind:

2. The sending off.......the first booking for Sinclair was harsh.....Cox /robinson was amile offside and the linesman was right in line...yes he shouldnt have moaned but the PRICK of a ref should have told him off that is all. The foul that led to a sending off was bsolutely appauling diving by El Abd,m the second week in a row....he hurdled a lunge and went down...I hope they show it on sky. Even when he was sent off el abd went over to apologise....the bloke is a cheat and Wilkins said last week that he had spoken to him to cut it out, but he continues....

QUOTE]

Sorry Dave got to disagree.

1st Booking he got for continuing after the linesman just in front of us had put his hands to his lips to indicate for him to shut up but still he carried on = Yellow card
2nd booking was a two footed tackle which irrespective of a player diving or notpossibly to avoid serious injury, would normally warrant a yellow card so again no complaints.

Not content with that he walked across the front of the goal on the pitch rather than behind and went and started swearing at the linesman again.

The lino waived his flag and he walked off with 2 stewards. I expect him to be charged for not leaving the field of play and swearing at the linesman. Absolutely stupid he deserves all that he gets.

Other than that a poor peformance by 2 poor teams who appearred to be playing the season out except it is only March not the end of April.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Dire game today, not helped by a reffere who lost control of the game and the players respect after the first 20 mins. It was just one of those days where every player on the pitch was performing below par. The second half was a slight improvement and i thought jakey did ok. We need to get rid of Loft as soon as possible - he hardly touched the ball and Frutos should be given a chance to prove his worth.

Seeing as we are now virtually safe, the rest of the season should be dedicated to trying out new formations and different players in preparation for a push next season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:

I think expectations are far too high! There are a lot of clubs that play run of the mill games without inspiring. Despite the Man Utd example, you don't win anything with kids. Hansen was spot on! I agree that we are not a potent force at home, the record speaks for itself, but why? Why are we so much better on the road? Is it the 'Withdean Factor'? Is it our style of play that is suited to playing away? Is it psychological?

I feel like picking and chosing as well, but the overriding need for backing the club financially will probably mean I attend most games again. Now is not the time to drop out and pick the glamour ties. I understand that it is about personal choice and I am not judging anyone, but we will not become 'worldbeaters' with the crowd dwindling. Where does it stop?

EDIT: We have had a decent run of form since Dean was able to utilise the transfer market. They guy needs to be given a chance. How many managers could automatically turn us into promotion candidates on a shoestring budget, having lost influential players over the last two years.

Last edited:

1066gull

To anyone who thinks we are going to be near the top next season, harsh fact is, we will not be any better than we are currently now.

There are too many teams in this division, teams coming down and teams coming up who will be stronger than us.

Nott. Forest
Yeovil
Leeds
Southend
Millwall
Carlisle
Hartlepool
Walsall
Swansea
Doncaster

These are all teams who will be up there next season, and people honestly think we have a chance of going up?

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
you get good games you get bad games , today was bad , last week was good, such is football, get over it or go and eat prawn sandwiches at old trafford

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really hope that Wilkins didn't leave Jakey on the pitch just so he could score a cheap point over him. Cos Jakey had an absolute STINKER (when he wasn't hiding as his confidence is shot to shit) and there was absolutely no reason to take Bas off instead of Jakey - unless Bas was injured. VERY poor substitution by the manager.

Hate that heart-sinking feeling when the club throw on Slo-Jo Gatting and Doug f***ing Loft as a last resort. Might as well go home at that point. Slo-Jo was only on the pitch for, what, fifteen minutes, and was repeatedly huffing and puffing to get in the scoring end of the pitch FFS. And Loft, as always, should have stayed in costume as Gully.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Don't get much worse than this.

Unless of course you were unlucky enough to be watching the England game tonight :lol: [/B]
f*** you.........:salute: :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Really hope that Wilkins didn't leave Jakey on the pitch just so he could score a cheap point over him. Cos Jakey had an absolute STINKER (when he wasn't hiding as his confidence is shot to shit) and there was absolutely no reason to take Bas off instead of Jakey - unless Bas was injured. VERY poor substitution by the manager.

Funny how people see a game so differently. I thought Jake put in plenty of effort and had some good touches and runs. One appalling miss was the standout of the game for him though. Baz really did very little today and I don't think he came close to a shot or goalbound header, at least Jake got into the position to miss a sitter and had one cracking goalbound snap shot deflected by a defender. No way did he have a stinker

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wilko said:
I was just thinking whether you could actually put together a less threatening combination of subs than:

Elder
Loft
Gatting

:nono:

You're right. You couldn't.

The one I hate coming on with a vengeance is Gatting. Supposed to be a fresh pair of legs but the f***ing lardarse had trouble making it over the half-way line. Doug Loft is simply mcghee's last desperate signing who has no future with the club. And Nathan Elder, despite having his own chant, is no more than a *cough* good squad player.

Very worrying for next season.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
You're right. You couldn't.

The one I hate coming on with a vengeance is Gatting. Supposed to be a fresh pair of legs but the f***ing lardarse had trouble making it over the half-way line. Doug Loft is simply mcghee's last desperate signing who has no future with the club. And Nathan Elder, despite having his own chant, is no more than a *cough* good squad player.

Very worrying for next season.

Nathan Elder and Joe Gatting who scored a brace apiece against Championship reserves? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here