Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About The Worst BHAFC Game For Ages

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
British Bulldog said:
I thought the only decent ball we played in from a set piece was a Bertin free kick in the second half, We looked too lightweight in midfield with Jakey & Cox not performing.

Bertin was my MOTM - quality all round but sadly I doubt we will see him here next season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Beach Hut said:
Bertin was my MOTM - quality all round but sadly I doubt we will see him here next season.

I thought Bertin as well, The fella is real class and DK should be doing everything possible to get him on a longer contract.

1066gull

Loft - lazy shit
Gatting - bugger all
Elder - tried but did nothing

Flinders - kept us in!!
El-Abd - acting a right poof, twice in two
games now!
Butters - should have been sent off
Rehman - ummmmmm
Lynch - not his self
Cox - needs a rest
Hammond - no ideas
Bertin - was the best out there, but even he was off
Robinson - wtf?
Revell - needs a goal
Savage - not his self

Team: Ran out of ideas

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pettitt303 said:
...Whats gone wrong with him?
his touch is suddenly shit...missed from about 8 yards
can pass to save his life

No idea but he looked truely awful today

1066gull

When Savage went off we had no one on that pitch who hasn't scored since Orient.:nono:

Had to non-league players who couldn't find the net if their life depended on it. Robinson who was gash. Cox who is playing in a system that does not suit him and is lethargic. Gatting who does bugger all and a captain who is half injured.

Highlight of the day, seeing Tommy Fraser and Tommy Elphick in the flesh in the South Stand.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
British Bulldog said:
I thought Bertin as well, The fella is real class and DK should be doing everything possible to get him on a longer contract.

Apparently Coppell and Curbishley were there today. I fear we have just been putting Bertin in the shop window. For my money he was the only midfielder to perform and one of the only players who looked like he believed it was worth trying to win. I thought Jake did quite well but was absolutely dreadful in front of goal. That shot 10 yards over the bar when he had an open goal was more like a novice defenders shot. Shame.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
British Bulldog said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

One of only two bright spots from today's game.

They need to at least try to sign him up longer term, else someone else surely will.

1066gull

I want to see the fringe players in the first team if performances continue like this, but I think DW has made up his mind on some players like; Frutos, Loft, Hart, Mayo, Santos, Fraser and so on.

Realyl hate to say it, but think Frutos should go to free up the wages.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
AdrianDINho said:
Realyl hate to say it, but think Frutos should go to free up the wages.

Thing is, he could have made a difference today...well, more of a difference than Doug pigging Loft managed to do.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Frutos said:
Thing is, he could have made a difference today...well, more of a difference than Doug pigging Loft managed to do.

I think we can take it as read that OGH and Frutos are on the way out. Their faces obviously don't fit with DW.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
I think we can take it as read that OGH and Frutos are on the way out. Their faces obviously don't fit with DW.

Shame.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:

Agreed, OGH I understand if not agree with, Frutos I always thought had a real threat about him if he could learn to defend as well. Not sure he's been given a fair crack this season but who knows what goes on at the club. DW presumably knows better than us ..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Agreed, OGH I understand if not agree with, Frutos I always thought had a real threat about him if he could learn to defend as well. Not sure he's been given a fair crack this season but who knows what goes on at the club. DW presumably knows better than us ..

Spot on assessment there Icy. Would have liked to see OGH play but would have still understood if released.

Frutos looks like he needs first team action as whenever I saw him he seemed to be just off the pace but was making the right choices and looking to attack.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
The problem is Frutos has been dire whenever he's played this season, not a shadow of what he showed last season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Apparently Coppell and Curbishley were there today. I fear we have just been putting Bertin in the shop window. For my money he was the only midfielder to perform and one of the only players who looked like he believed it was worth trying to win. I thought Jake did quite well but was absolutely dreadful in front of goal. That shot 10 yards over the bar when he had an open goal was more like a novice defenders shot. Shame.

Id be very surprised is Coppell or Curbishley were looking at Bertain, certainly not premiership class. Lynch however....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Bovril was excellent. :drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Couldnt have been anyworse than getting smacked full on in the hand by a cricket ball by a former Pakistan county player, driving home, then having to park up in Kingston and go to casualty to discover I have 2 broken fingers.

Give me WITHERS any day:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here