Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

About The Worst BHAFC Game For Ages

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
It was poor, but it was an insipid kind of poor, I don't think the players lacked passion or commitment, it just didn't seem to be their day.

And we got a point, which is nice.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
How Gary Hart can't get on the bench when Loft can and gets a game I will never know. And Jakey, I would have backed even myself to bury your chance today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Da Man Clay said:
Id be very surprised is Coppell or Curbishley were looking at Bertain, certainly not premiership class. Lynch however....

Except Curbishley will be looking at players for the Championship after the exodus of prima donnas and Bertin is more than capable of making that step up imo.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Anyone know why Gully went dashing off towards the changing rooms in the second half? Few minutes before Doug Loft came on it was?...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Putting my neutral hat on today as I couldnt be arsed who had won that encounter, a fe wthings came to mind:

1. When we played Hudds at teh Galpharm, we outpassed and outplayed them most of the game. Everyting was on the ground and we looked world beaters. Today, we couldnt pass water and resorted to humping the ball a mile in the air...sorry Guy, but your game was dreadful today.

2. The sending off.......the first booking for Sinclair was harsh.....Cox /robinson was amile offside and the linesman was right in line...yes he shouldnt have moaned but the PRICK of a ref should have told him off that is all. The foul that led to a sending off was bsolutely appauling diving by El Abd,m the second week in a row....he hurdled a lunge and went down...I hope they show it on sky. Even when he was sent off el abd went over to apologise....the bloke is a cheat and Wilkins said last week that he had spoken to him to cut it out, but he continues....

3. Wilkins has not 1 clue how to read a game. Maybe the palyers are not good enough for his instructions, but his tactics were dreadful today.

4. Nathan elder.......STAY ON YOUR f***ing FEET....in the box...just needs to controll it...goes down like he has been shot....this is just not good enough.

5. All in all, Cox and Robinson have needed a rest for months now and they are both showing it. Thank G_d for Lynch...at least he looks the part. Rehman had a decent game.....bertin looked class...revell is 50% of the player he was before he got injured...very worrying.

All in all shite game, shite tactics, shite ref, shite day.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Frutos said:
Thing is, he could have made a difference today...well, more of a difference than Doug pigging Loft managed to do.

Bullshit. He's been CRAP all season, but for the first 5 minutes at Upton Park.

Loft came on and did nothing wrong - he didn't change the game, but he in the ten minutes he played he do no worse than Cox (awful) Robinson (Shocking) and Hammond (toss) in the previous 80.

Wilkins subs were an absolute joke today though. Leaving Revell on...er, why? Taking Savage off...that's our only goal threat off the field...leaving the other 2 changes to the last ten minutes when we failed to make more than one opportunity against ten men...:shootself

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Bullshit. He's been CRAP all season, but for the first 5 minutes at Upton Park.

Whereas Doug Loft has done what exactly, aside from precisely sod all today?

Maybe there is some truth to the whole Doug Loft/Gully thing. Would explain a lot.

:lolol: :lolol:

;)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Frutos said:
Whereas Doug Loft has done what exactly, aside from precisely sod all today?

Maybe there is some truth to the whole Doug Loft/Gully thing. Would explain a lot.

:lolol: :lolol:

;)

In the few games Loft has played, he's done more than Frutos. He's scored a goal, can pass a ball, and is clearly on form for the reserves at the moment.

Frutos has been utterly gash in every department since we went down. You're being stupid if you think he should be playing on the basis that he was good LAST season.

Maybe Loft isn't good enought be on the bench..yet. But GARY HART certainly is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:

3. Wilkins has not 1 clue how to read a game. Maybe the palyers are not good enough for his instructions, but his tactics were dreadful today.

5. All in all, Cox and Robinson have needed a rest for months now and they are both showing it. Thank G_d for Lynch...at least he looks the part. Rehman had a decent game.....bertin looked class...revell is 50% of the player he was before he got injured...very worrying.

All in all shite game, shite tactics, shite ref, shite day.

I went to Wembley today (bad fan - did feel very guilty) but...

3. Not every manager is perfect. You can't automatically change a game with your bench. We do not have a wealth of talent. The plus side is that is sounds as if this is the sort of game we would be losing at the start of the season. Playing poorly and then making one mistake at the back.

5. Revell is going to take a while to get back to his former self. He recovered quickly from a nasty injury, but remember that this is his first full, professional season, since he left Cambridge.
I agree that Coxy and Jake need a rest. They are very slight and this long season (three cup runs) have taken their toll.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
In the few games Loft has played, he's done more than Frutos. He's scored a goal, can pass a ball, and is clearly on form for the reserves at the moment.

As, allegedly (being as I've not seen the Reserve games myself) is Frutos (scored a goal and a penalty against Bognor, and played well against the scum according the the programme today).

Withdean Wanderer said:
Frutos has been utterly gash in every department since we went down. You're being stupid if you think he should be playing on the basis that he was good LAST season.

I'm not saying that at all. If you're arguing that Loft deserves his chance on the basis of some good recent performances for the stiffs, then I'm saying exactly the same for Frutos.

Withdean Wanderer said:
Maybe Loft isn't good enought be on the bench..yet. But GARY HART certainly is.

100% agree.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barrel of Fun said:
I went to Wembley today (bad fan - did feel very guilty) but...

3. Not every manager is perfect. You can't automatically change a game with your bench. We do not have a wealth of talent. The plus side is that is sounds as if this is the sort of game we would be losing at the start of the season. Playing poorly and then making one mistake at the back.

No- there were times today especially when Town went down to 10 men that he should have pushed Robinson and Cox wide and got crosses in...is stretched them. This he did not do...he seems to have 1 diamond tactic and that is it....I am coming round to the reasoning why DK has not offered a long term contract.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Frutos said:

I'm not saying that at all. If you're arguing that Loft deserves his chance on the basis of some good recent performances for the stiffs, then I'm saying exactly the same for Frutos.

I'm not. I'm arguing that Loft has had a shocker in only one of the games he's played in all season, wheras Frutos has been pathetic in all of them, yet people still say 'play him' on the grounds that he was good last season

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Da Man Clay said:
Id be very surprised is Coppell or Curbishley were looking at Bertain, certainly not premiership class. Lynch however....

Agreed. Left footed CBs are a rarity - Lynch is real Quality and could go a LONG way.

We need to get BIG money for him when he moves on.

Bertin is also a class above this standard, could easily walk into most Champioship sides, not sure about Prem though.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
To be fair to Doug Loft, he didn't do anything wrong when he came on (not that I noticed). Although whether he should have been included in the squad ahead of Frutos and Hart who are both better is debatable.

I don't understand Wilkins reluctance to play Hart, Frutos and possibly even Sam Rents. All of them can do a job in this division but we dont seem to use them regularly enough.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
I'm not. I'm arguing that Loft has had a shocker in only one of the games he's played in all season, wheras Frutos has been pathetic in all of them, yet people still say 'play him' on the grounds that he was good last season

It's Catch-22 with Frutos really.

You say, with some justification, that he's been poor this season, and the only way that he's going to have any chance to rectify that is a sustained run of first-team games in an effort to recapture the form that we know he can be capable of.

Of course, the problem is that, with us not being totally safe yet, we can't risk players that way on an off-chance.

I still think he's worth a spot on the bench to give us an extra attacking and running option late in games, and then see from there.

He hasn't been great this season, but I'd pick him over Doug Loft every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
British Bulldog said:
I felt right through the game if we stepped it up a gear they were there for the taking but we did'nt look interested. :nono:
end of season game in their eyes,nothing but going through the paces,no passion,and i didnt see one decent corner or freekick

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:
No- there were times today especially when Town went down to 10 men that he should have pushed Robinson and Cox wide and got crosses in...is stretched them. This he did not do...he seems to have 1 diamond tactic and that is it....I am coming round to the reasoning why DK has not offered a long term contract.

In all fairness, I feel it is going to take a while for him to learn. At youth level, it is all about performances and not points. I felt that DK didn't offer him a long term contract - once bitten, twice... - but he still may.

Man Utd persevered with Fergie, despite being a huge let down at the start of his Man Utd managerial career. I am not saying we have a Fergis on our hands, but he is learning and it is a steep learning curve. He hasn't had much of a chance to mould his own side. He has done wonders in some games, but not others.

Perhaps I am being a bit too lenient.

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
I have decided that Frutos probably should leave the club in the summer because simply he has done nothing this season. Quite frankly, I think Loft should go too, because he has done nothing full stop.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
AdrianDINho said:
I have decided that Frutos probably should leave the club in the summer because simply he has done nothing this season. Quite frankly, I think Loft should go too, because he has done nothing full stop.

That's settled then.

Adrie has decided, no need for further debate on the matter.

;)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AdrianDINho said:

Ah, so one shit season and a player should be shown the door? Wasn't Drogba shit in his first season at Chelsea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here