Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Disappointed. He was a pivotal player for us in some matches, and always had a goal in him.

I completely agree with this. I really enjoyed watching him and having him as part of our team/squad. The clause in the contract was a clever thing on both sides. Perhaps this is a sign of greater things to come for us?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I completely agree with this. I really enjoyed watching him and having him as part of our team/squad. The clause in the contract was a clever thing on both sides. Perhaps this is a sign of greater things to come for us?

I’m a bit late to this, and can’t be arsed to trawl back through all the pages....what was the clause exactly?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Interesting. They were grey gloves on the tweet I saw with 2 hands looking like they were together as if clapping.

He also tweeted that Mooy was sold for 15m and then quickly deleted after Naylor's article was posted quoting the real release clause fee.

Not sure how reliable anything is from him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's had the clause since he joined Hudds. Salary £3m pa net. Just wow!

Fair play to him. In general I liked him, and he seems a sound and very professional person, but he lacked consistency at times. Good arrangement for club and player I think.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yep last season only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I stand corrected then, I hadn't realised Gross had been as effective as that last season. I'd also forgotten about MacAllister too when posting originally. We do have a lot of midfielders don't we!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems an odd career for the lad, but perhaps he’s someone with a talent for football but very much sees it as a career. Wasted a chunk of his career at Man City, few seasons of regular football at Hudds & Brighton and then off for a big China pay day. Nice work if you can get it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Today proved how little we will miss him. Will be a long way behind the current crop of talent we have in midfield now.

Oz Seagull

Aug 30, 2020
Today proved how little we will miss him. Will be a long way behind the current crop of talent we have in midfield now.

I don"t think he will miss being here for long. Shanghai in Asian Champions League If/when it resumes in group with Sydney FC the A league premiers and champions ,so will get a free trip home to see family . Playing with a good Austrian talent and very handy Brazilians under a former Porto coach who won titles in Portugal and Greece will be better than another "lets try and avoid relegation" scenario.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He did a job in a season where we felt we needed an experienced player to bridge the gap in the development of younger players like Alzate and Molumby. Personally, I didn't think Mooy was used in an effective manner and I don't think we got the best out of him over the course of the season. Which was a waste of his ability. I'm not disappointed to see him leave.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don"t think he will miss being here for long. Shanghai in Asian Champions League If/when it resumes in group with Sydney FC the A league premiers and champions ,so will get a free trip home to see family . Playing with a good Austrian talent and very handy Brazilians under a former Porto coach who won titles in Portugal and Greece will be better than another "lets try and avoid relegation" scenario.
Mickey mouse football!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think maybe he knew this was happening after they tried in January and after that his form dropped off. Good move for him and one he must have wanted with the clause in his contract

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Will get an amazing pay day and I wish him well, but please don't compare the football.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Austrian?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here