Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I sometimes wonder what led to him suddenly upping and going to China. Certainly in his time there and away from the spotlight of the Premier League, his football would have definately suffered playing with lesser players.

Perhaps there was something else going on in his personal life that led to the move, that we will never get to know about.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good job he’s moved closer to his family

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I sometimes wonder what led to him suddenly upping and going to China. Certainly in his time there and away from the spotlight of the Premier League, his football would have definately suffered playing with lesser players.

Perhaps there was something else going on in his personal life that led to the move, that we will never get to know about.

If I remember it right it was about getting a lot closer to his family in Australia... now when they're locked up time and time again in China, it might not be as important.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

It wasn’t sudden though. He had a release clause in his contract specifically for Chinese teams, so it was something he always had an eye on doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here