Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That is a terrible goal. I liked Mooy and I know he is closer to home earning some serious money, but that league is a joke.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
That is a terrible goal. I liked Mooy and I know he is closer to home earning some serious money, but that league is a joke.

He's a lot closer to home but he's not earning serious money compared to what some got paid for playing in China. The bottom has fallen out of the Chinese Super League as far as big money contracts are concerned and a couple of clubs have gone to the wall. Mooy is still earning a lot of money compared to most of us, but the salary cap means the maximum an overseas player can earn now is £52,000 per week. Compare that to the £350,000 per week salaries the likes of Oscar was earning it's clear that the Chinese Super League will not be able to attract the big names anymore and the quality will only get worse.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He's a lot closer to home but he's not earning serious money compared to what some got paid for playing in China. The bottom has fallen out of the Chinese Super League as far as big money contracts are concerned and a couple of clubs have gone to the wall. Mooy is still earning a lot of money compared to most of us, but the salary cap means the maximum an overseas player can earn now is £52,000 per week. Compare that to the £350,000 per week salaries the likes of Oscar was earning it's clear that the Chinese Super League will not be able to attract the big names anymore and the quality will only get worse.

I should have stated for a player with his ability. He’s not going to earn that elsewhere.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Couldn’t see any mention of this elsewhere so sorry if fixtures, but ‘Mooy’ looks like he may have rejoined Huddersfield. Or perhaps they’re wheeling out Professor X. I can’t decide 😂😂 87C07DDE-EDD9-4FE5-B1F7-F083168BB01F.jpeg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Couldn’t see any mention of this elsewhere so sorry if fixtures, but ‘Mooy’ looks like he may have rejoined Huddersfield. Or perhaps they’re wheeling out Professor X. I can’t decide ����View attachment 149697

I laughed at this probably WAY more than I should have :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Played only 32 times for us....can barely remem...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Played only 32 times for us....can barely remem...

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry, but are we making derogatory comments about our 'Most successfull loan in the PL era'? Shirley not!

I still wonder why he instantly became shit as soon as he signed a permanent deal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry, but are we making derogatory comments about our 'Most successfull loan in the PL era'? Shirley not!

I still wonder why he instantly became shit as soon as he signed a permanent deal.

Don't think he was brilliant before he signed the perma deal and don't think he was shit afterwards. He was just ok for the most part. Good vision, good right foot, but painfully slow and wonky when defending.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't think he was brilliant before he signed the perma deal and don't think he was shit afterwards. He was just ok for the most part. Good vision, good right foot, but painfully slow and wonky when defending.

No, he wasn't before ......... but he was afterwards!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I thought he was on many occasions outstanding but only as a central midfielder. We had many players for that position and was often played wide left where he was not nearly as good. He will not play for Celtic out wide.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought he was on many occasions outstanding but only as a central midfielder. We had many players for that position and was often played wide left where he was not nearly as good. He will not play for Celtic out wide.

For me, he only had two VERY good games for the club - the 2-0 win against Bournemouth that he and Alireza scored in, and the Aaron Connelly Spurs win.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looked a good player at times but as soon as he signed his contract went completely missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here