Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy joins Shanghai SIPG

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chinese contracts are normally Net, so he's possibly doubled his pay.

In 10 years from now many if us will still be working, on NSC talking bollox and Mooy will be walking out the door of Australian beachfront villa for a bit of surfing/fishing, wondering what to spend his few hundred K per year, for life salary on.

I guess he's looking at the bigger picture than an "ambition" of another relegation scrap for Brighton

Yeah all true but it’s hardly like Mooy was a pauper [emoji38] I’m sure he’s made for life already.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
it’s actually more than double, I believe he’s getting 60k net so c£120,000 a week gross in UK money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost of living would be dirt cheap out there as well, you could easy save £55k a week, within a year that's neigh on 3 million saved.
I would work for two seasons max and retire to the ALeague in convictland

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
That interview makes the whole move even weirder sounding! Like most on here I thought he probably wanted to be closer to family in Australia, but seems his wife and two kids will be staying in the UK and he'll be living in China alone. Bonkers!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9500871]That interview makes the whole move even weirder sounding! Like most on here I thought he probably wanted to be closer to family in Australia, but seems his wife and two kids will be staying in the UK and he'll be living in China alone. Bonkers!

That was known when he moved it was put on social
Media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I wouldn't mind doubling my wages for an "easier" job.[/QUOTE said:
I actually achieved that a few years ago, then I retired after about 18 months.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9500871]That interview makes the whole move even weirder sounding! Like most on here I thought he probably wanted to be closer to family in Australia, but seems his wife and two kids will be staying in the UK and he'll be living in China alone. Bonkers!

Sounds like he wants to get away from his wife [emoji1787]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Class act! We were lucky to have AM grace our stage, albeit briefly. True Aussie Battler. He'll no doubt appreciate a) the spending power of an EMPEROR in modern day China and b) the far shorter commute for international duties and c) the opportunity to return home and buy an estate The Size Of Belgium in Woolawoolabingbong for about thruppence a hectare.

Boy's got life truly sussed. Apart from the hair thing obviously

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Class act! We were lucky to have AM grace our stage, albeit briefly. True Aussie Battler. He'll no doubt appreciate a) the spending power of an EMPEROR in modern day China and b) the far shorter commute for international duties and c) the opportunity to return home and buy an estate The Size Of Belgium in Woolawoolabingbong for about thruppence a hectare.

Boy's got life truly sussed. Apart from the hair thing obviously

This

Maybe he's happy as is, having seen some photo's of Elton Johns' weave on his waggawaggapapapop estate, which is incidentally also the size of Belgium.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1477212317758590982[/tweet]

Did he ever move that ‘quickly’ for us ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Totally empty stadium. No fans still.

They moved all games back to behind closed doors when the league resumed its Championship and Relegation stage in December. They had been on a 4 month hiatus to allow the Chinese national team to concentrate on World Cup qualification. However it looks as though most of the regular season games played between April and August were played without fans too.

Attendance stats for the season below.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chine...erzahlen/wettbewerb/CSL/saison_id/2020/plus/1

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here