Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

280k - DK Confirms none on players

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
A couple of points.....
1. If Knight had said 'all the money will go into the transfer kitty' what would that have done to the price of anyone we were chasing?
2. If we hadn't received any money for CKR then how were we going to pay for the Falmer campaign - or were we going to hope something would turn up?

You should never show your hand voluntarily - only if someone pays to see it. Knight knows that, and with Tony Bloom around the scene he's not short of advice. This way we can plead poverty when dealing - but if it comes to the crunch we may be able to find a little more.

That is the most sensible post I've read on this board in a long time.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I agree but why choose TLO's post. Why not tell Spence to stop being such an unpleasant bloke.

That's the thing,Spence is NOT an unpleaseant bloke,I like him anyway.
I can see how TLO winds him up,he winds me up but I just take no notice of him now.

I'm going to say fair play to DK here. Yes, the money was earnt through the fans, BUT at the end of the day, I think Falmer is our main prioity at the moment.

Also, we would't exactly get all of the money in one go as Fenerbache is paying in monthly instalments, so were not going to get anyone that decent anyway from the money we recieve between now and the end of the window.

Loads of deals in football are done on an 'IOU' basis. We could buy someone on monthly installments just like Fenerbache are purported to have done. Why would you suggest that they could, but we couldn't?

Loads of deals in football are done on an 'IOU' basis. We could buy someone on monthly installments just like Fenerbache are purported to have done. Why would you suggest that they could, but we couldn't?
Because Fenerbache have collateral to support an IOU and the Albion don't - because Archer sold the ONLY physical asset that the Club owned.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That's the thing,Spence is NOT an unpleaseant bloke,I like him anyway.
I can see how TLO winds him up,he winds me up but I just take no notice of him now.

I've met both of them. My opinion is still the same.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Have you considered the possibility that BOTH facts are true?

Lord B,
You post very good stuff,but I have to take issue with you on this.We brought in 2 new players in close season last year Revall 8k and Santos free and a whole load of cheap loans.Gillingham this week have spent 200k on 1 player.Other teams are getting in proven players at this level.My thoughts are not antichairman but maybe if Mr Knight stopped all this spin then the fans might just have a bit more understanding on this money.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Lord B,
You post very good stuff,but I have to take issue with you on this.We brought in 2 new players in close season last year Revall 8k and Santos free and a whole load of cheap loans.Gillingham this week have spent 200k on 1 player.Other teams are getting in proven players at this level.My thoughts are not antichairman but maybe if Mr Knight stopped all this spin then the fans might just have a bit more understanding on this money.
This man has a valid point mr brackers,considering the prices of tickets too grrrrrrrr:censored:

Mr knight is far to causious these days,a couple of great players could fill the withdean and give us a couple of good assets:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here