Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

280k - DK Confirms none on players

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So are you saying that your son perferred to watch the albion play sh*t at Gillingham or at the Goldstone when Archer & Bellotti were in charge?

It never ceases to amaze me just how short some people's memories are!

And it never ceases to amaze me how some people expect other people to continue watching the Albion because Dick Knight did something great years and years ago... wake-up! We are losing fans season after season...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
There is no 'right' answer to this i'm afraid, but its terrifying how naive some people are about the whole Falmer issue.

There are bigger clubs than us in L2, and who would have thought Oxford and Exeter, who were bigger than us at times down the years would find themselves pretty much entrenched in the Conference.

If a club like ours went down to L2, even with a new ground, we would get 7000 at best, and I just cant see that covering the costs which will be an awful lot higher than they are for shitdean, people forget that the gap between the 'haves' and 'have nots' in English football is growing all the time, people nowadays just simply have other things to do than spend £50 taking a family to watch a 2 teams with not a well known name in sight, when that will cover a whole month of Sky Sports, the interest in lower tier football is evaportaing because of the world we live in, fewer and fewer people support the local team unless they are acheiving and reagrdless of lack of stadium we are not, and by the time its here it may just be too late unless we invest to keep us in this division.

Even some bobblers must realise that.

As I've suggested on another thread ...

Maybe the announcement that the CKR windfall won't be put into an already settled playing budget is all to do with the need for Knight and Perry to present themselves to the potential financial backers of the stadium project as people who will safeguard the integrity of the club's finances - even at the expense of short-term success on the pitch.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I love the people who think that Knight should get out the cheque book, it's as if the cheques wouldn't bounce.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As I've suggested on another thread ...

Maybe the announcement that the CKR windfall won't be put into an already settled playing budget is all to do with the need for Knight and Perry to present themselves to the potential financial backers of the stadium project as people who will safeguard the integrity of the club's finances - even at the expense of short-term success on the pitch.

I think your word "Maybe" at the beginning, is a very interesting word.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I love the people who think that Knight should get out the cheque book, it's as if the cheques wouldn't bounce.

Cheque book...? Has he actually got one...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here