Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

280k - DK Confirms none on players

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
i think people are missing a big point (unless it has been written already) here the money is being dripped fed as they are paying in instalments, so any deal that we would do with a club for a player would have to be on the same basis which I can't see most clubs doing at this level and this time of year.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
why are some people getting annoyed about this? We always throw money to lawyers , the tax man etc when we sell a player or get a windfall. Its the way things are until we get out of shitty withdean and get a proper ground.

Knight has no choice, his problkem is he needs to be more of a barstard businessman and not such a nice guy

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whilst I agree not all the money should be given to Wilkins I do think some should have even if it was just enough for a season long loan or even just a 6 month loan.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whilst I agree not all the money should be given to Wilkins I do think some should have even if it was just enough for a season long loan or even just a 6 month loan.

Even if it caused us to go bust?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Even if it caused us to go bust?

Without knowing the accounts I dont think it would, this is "bonus" money the club cant have see this coming.
And like I said I think most of it should go into the black hole, but what harm would using 60-80k of it do? may even do a bit of good if the player they get in got a few goals and helped Brighton to a good start and got more bums on seats.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Without knowing the accounts I dont think it would, this is "bonus" money the club cant have see this coming.
And like I said I think most of it should go into the black hole, but what harm would using 60-80k of it do? may even do a bit of good if the player they get in got a few goals and helped Brighton to a good start and got more bums on seats.

Good point.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
So ... which players SHOULD be sold to pay for the Falmer legal costs?

Or would people prefer the debts to mount to the point at which the Club has to go into administration?

NO, I'd like to see the Chairman put his hand in his bloody pocket.
If he can't afford to run this club (or won't spend the money) then he should be looking for someone else to take over.

There seems to be a glut of money bags people out there at the moment looking to buy clubs in desirable locations.
With the stadium yes decision (hopefully) about to be announced, maybe its time for a change at the top to see us into the next era of this club.

On the other hand, if he does have the money, its about time he proved it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Or would people prefer the debts to mount to the point at which the Club has to go into administration?

Ed is right, all money received has to go into the black hole called Falmer until we get a yes, it will always be the case, also Dick did not want to give £ 280000 to Wilkins to waste on a couple of shite players ;), its better off keeping the club afloat.

No one on this board could ever come as close to doing as well as Dick Knight has done for this club over the last 10 years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

You will find mr bracks that the club have made millions on player sales and compensations and fa cup games in recent years.The stone wall fact is still very clear.

Dick and the board put f-all into the club,the sale of players etc has paid for all the falmer bollocks easily.Excuses after excuses is all we here.Dick is either very shrewed or very stingy:thud:

One of the highest budgets my arse,he hasn't a clue and has mugged us with his bullshit for years,bet that money is going into his and perrys back pocket as per usual:mad:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
NO, I'd like to see the Chairman put his hand in his bloody pocket.
If he can't afford to run this club (or won't spend the money) then he should be looking for someone else to take over.

There seems to be a glut of money bags people out there at the moment looking to buy clubs in desirable locations.
With the stadium yes decision (hopefully) about to be announced, maybe its time for a change at the top to see us into the next era of this club.

On the other hand, if he does have the money, its about time he proved it.
Dick Knight HAS put his hand in his pocket (as have the other directors), and continues to do so on a regular basis. He just doesn't advertise it from the highest rooftops. Meanwhile, seeing as we are a club with no guaranteed future, would YOU want to sink millions into it, with a distinct possibility of never seeing it again?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You can kiss good bye to a proven striker now

One of the highest budgets my arse,he hasn't a clue and has mugged us with his bullshit for years,bet that money is going into his and perrys back pocket as per usual
That is such a serious allegation - involving theft and criminally false accounting - that you should go to the police with your evidence.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dick Knight HAS put his hand in his pocket (as have the other directors), and continues to do so on a regular basis. He just doesn't advertise it from the highest rooftops. Meanwhile, seeing as we are a club with no guaranteed future, would YOU want to sink millions into it, with a distinct possibility of never seeing it again?
Yes they have i agree,not a lot obviously but the question is...

Have they had that money back mmmmm?:p

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yet again there would appear to be little or nothing in the pot for players. I fear that next season is going to be a long and hard one not to mention disappointing but provided that we get a Falmer "yes" I'm happy to accept this. I would expect us to be a little more competitive on the new player front, however, in the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here