Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
red vampire bat kit next saturday for me

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Will be in a Wales Egg chaser top and a ferrari fleece and hat if it is cold.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
East london Seagull is getting the badges made up and will be selling on the day I am led to believe :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Richie

Any news on the Banner etc?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am waiting to hear back from Martin Perry about the final arrangements.

As far as I know we are having badges to be sold before the game.

We are also going to have red pieces of card for people to hold up before kick off.

Turkey has the banner and has said we can use it but again I am waiting to hear back from Martin Perry about final details.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hiney said:
Hiney and Turkey on the road to North Wales next Saturday.

The only red shirt I've got is my Toffs 1966 England World Cup shirt - suppose I'll have to wear that then!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Quite the reverse Ian .... we are all wearing our blue and white stripes at The Racecourse - by al means wear something red as well - Wrexham want us all to wear our own club colours there!

I'll give you a ring later in the week

:clap2:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
On the Left Wing said:
Maybe you have forgotten the end of that match then!!!

Or do you remember the massive Falmer banner the Wrexham fans erected for us two months ago?

Or perhaps you should have been at Doncaster with us a few weeks ago, when Wrexham fans sang in Unison "We love you Brighton" again and again. More than 100 fans also shook our hands and promised us support and many many more have signed our Falmer petition.

Marvellous scenes

FANS UNITED!!!

wrexhamcrowd.jpg

might be a real late in the day suggestion, but is it feasible for Brighton to play in red on Saturday?

Or if they cannot do that, could they wear a red arm band in support of Wrexham.

I think it will be high impact stuff.

Is it a goer?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
London Calling said:
might be a real late in the day suggestion, but is it feasible for Brighton to play in red on Saturday?

Or if they cannot do that, could they wear a red arm band in support of Wrexham.

Is it a goer?

Do they still have the all red away strips from a couple of seasons back????

I could lend them a COUPLE of shirts!

Perhaps the red arm band idea could work. They could be picked up in town.

LC

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Following consultation with Wrexham this press release just gone out to all national dailies, the Argus, Wrexham Leader and Evening Leader, Daily Post, Bristol Evening Post and all TV and radio - plus copied to Adrian Chiles and Alan Green and others involved.

FANS UNITED

PRESS RELEASE

14 November 2004 NO EMBARGO

Thousands of fans unite to save Wrexham FC

TENS of thousands of football fans are putting aside tribal differences on Saturday in a mass display of unity to save one of the football league’s oldest clubs.

The Fans United day of action on Saturday 20 November will see peaceful demonstrations at every football ground in England and Wales as well as a huge gathering of fans from different clubs at Wrexham FC’s Racecourse Ground.

On Wednesday 17 November Wrexham FC faces a winding-up petition in the High Court. The action is being brought by the Inland Revenue for £900,000 of unpaid tax.

On Wednesday Wrexham FC faces the prospect of being placed into administration and docked 10 points by the Football League or even forced into liquidation. If the latter occurs, Wrexham will be the first football league club to go out of existence since Aldershot FC in 1992.

Many fans believe the club’s plight is due to its owner Alex Hamilton, who wants to sell the ground for over £6million to property developers.

In any case Wrexham FC is living on borrowed time after 132 years of league football.

Now supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion – who lost their own ground almost nine years ago – are leading a day of action to draw attention to Wrexham’s plight.

Fans United: football fans are being invited to wear their club colours and attend Wrexham’s home game against Bristol City on Saturday 20 November – kick-off 3pm. They are asked stand alongside Wrexham fans and watch what could be Wrexham’s last ever league game.

Wear Red for Wrexham: those fans who cannot make the trip to the Racecourse are asked to wear something red – or even carry a piece of red card – to their own team’s match on the same day. They are asked to stand for 15 seconds at the kick-off to their match to show solidarity with Wrexham FC.

A Fans United spokesman and life-long Brighton supporter Nic Outterside said: “It is 12 years since Aldershot FC went bust and in that time many other football clubs have gone to the brink. In many cases these crises have been due to mismanagement or sheer greed of club owners or chairmen.

“When we lost our own ground – sold by our chairman Bill Archer to build a retail park – we came within inches of going out of existence. Even now our club is homeless and survives on a season by season basis.

“The danger of Wrexham folding is real and it would create a domino effect which could see many more towns lose their football clubs forever.

“I urge every right thinking football fan to take part in next Saturday’s day of action.”

Notes to Editors:

1. All 96 football league club press officers and their fans’ internet message boards have been contacted about next Saturday’s day of action.

2. BBC Final Score and Radio 5 Live have given their support to the fight to save Wrexham FC.

3. Further information:

email: fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

Or: seagullnic@aol.com

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Right update on t-shirts. I can order 20 t-shirts with 'Fans Utd - Save The Racecourse' on them in white lettering. Will work out at about £85 for 20 which is a great deal and could make them some decent money.

I am getting three designs sent over today which I will post on here before deciding on one.

Who will be interested in one?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok plans for Saturday finalised:

1. Table inside the entrance to the North Stand with petitions on and selling badges.

2. Table inside the entrance to the South Stand with petitions on and selling badges.

3. Red cards distributed to all supporters for them to hold them up prior to kick off.

4. (need to email Atilla for this one) Statement to be read out after the first playing of Tom Hark ending with everyone holding up the red cards.

5. Need a few people to stay behind and help clear up a little bit.

Volunteers please post on other thread.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
London Calling said:

Is it a goer?

Already been asked mate. Insider doubts this is possible but the team may warm up in the Red tops

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
From Burnley's official site which they told me they would do when I asked last week

Wear Red For Wrexham'

Football fans across the country are being urged to wear red to next Saturday's games, to show their support for League One side Wrexham.

The Clarets make the long trip to the Withdean Stadium to face Brighton and Hove Albion next weekend and a large number of the Brighton fans are expected to turn out in red to show support for the Red Dragons.

The reason for the campaign is because Wrexham AFC is facing an uncertain future after Chairman Alex Hamilton resigned from the board recently. The controversial character is still the majority shareholder and owns, through one of his property businesses, the club's stadium and fans believe he will soon force them to leave.

The Racecourse Ground is only leased to the club and part of the agreement is that they only need to be given 12 months notice before being forced to leave. As the financial stability of the club is reaching a critical level, supporters fear that Hamilton will sell the stadium out from underneath them.

Wrexham have until November 17th to pay tax bills of over £900,000 to the Inland Revenue that owner Hamilton refuses to pay and it looks increasingly like professional football could disappear from the North Wales town after 132 years.

The supporters of Wrexham have tried to halt this process. Rob Griffiths, the Supporters Trust chairman, commented: "Wrexham is a proud club and the ground is of international significance. We could not watch the club die or the ground be sold.

"We hope supporters will have a major part to play in the future."

The fans have set up a "Save the Racecourse" campaign that has received support from not only Wrexham fans but also those of other clubs who have been in the same situation.

A supporter's trust has gathered 500 members and recently presented proposals for the redevelopment of land on which the stadium is built, which they believe could raise enough money to finance a takeover deal.

The Supporters Trust is receiving backing from the local council but it is a distinct possibility that the club could be left penniless and homeless before sliding into obscurity.

So, November 20 2004 is to be 'Wear Red for Wrexham' Day on which fans from clubs around the country turn up to watch their respective club dressed in red.

This will be a striking visual show of support for their cause and will show the North Wales club that they are not alone. It will also show the powers that be that the rest of football cares what happens to the club.

Anyone seeking more information on 'Wear Red for Wrexham' day or the campaign in general should email:-

fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

It is important that as many of you as possible turn up in red to show support so please make the effort and spread the word round your club.

Nice one Burnley

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here