Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

onlyaboho

Oct 4, 2004
i'll be wearing a Wrexham shirt at withdean this saturday

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
looks like i got a ticket sorted out for saturday. I'll be there, with the wrexham tee shirt richiue is getting made, and selling badges or whatever outside the ground :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks to biccy for the ticket :clap2:

wrexhamgnasher said:
I was one of the first too come across to you lot but drifted back into the crowd more when I saw the police were filming and I was at the front!
I know you're busy right now, but you guys really do need to sort out your relationship with the boys in blue.

prematch3.jpg

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Lord Bracknell said:
I know you're busy right now, but you guys really do need to sort out your relationship with the boys in blue.

prematch3.jpg

:ohmy: bloody hell! we don't get that in the home end! maybe if i asked the stewards on saturday :lolol:

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Evening Post tonight has finally made a mention of what is happening with Wrexham. Cannot believe that it has taken this long for them to catch onto things!! Its a start, eventually!

I also sent Richie's long message to my father who posted on the Saints Forever site (I am the good sheep in the family, the rest are Saints fans!) and it has had some really good feedback. The moderator has even removed posts that are negative and out of order!! I am attaching the link, hope it works.

http://saintschat.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=38054

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
brisgull said:
Evening Post tonight has finally made a mention of what is happening with Wrexham. Cannot believe that it has taken this long for them to catch onto things!! Its a start, eventually!

I also sent Richie's long message to my father who posted on the Saints Forever site (I am the good sheep in the family, the rest are Saints fans!) and it has had some really good feedback. The moderator has even removed posts that are negative and out of order!! I am attaching the link, hope it works.

http://saintschat.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=38054

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Are you going on Saturday? Samparish is looking for a lift.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Everything is looking good so far.

Keep up the good work everyone.

I cannot believe that I have actually had a good idea for once. Surely 'red for wrexham' cancells out all my wank posts?

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Richie Morris said:
I love it when a plan comes together ;)

Everything is looking good so far.

Keep up the good work everyone.

I cannot believe that I have actually had a good idea for once. Surely 'red for wrexham' cancells out all my wank posts?

Shame about the spelling though ;)

:jester:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Richie Morris said:
Surely 'red for wrexham' cancells out all my wank posts?

nope :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
wxmfc2000 said:
How are you guys getting up to Wrexham? If it's by coach is there any room for a small one?

www.redtalk.co.uk

I think we're all getting up there under our own steam. Pretty sure you'll blag a lift somehow. Start a new thread to catch people's attention-on here and red Passion.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Here are some messages of support I have been emailed in the last week:

1. Good luck from cardiff city and welsh football

Dear Wrexham fans I am very sorry to hear of your problems, although I am not welsh, I believe football supporters should stand in solidarity with each other. I am a Southampton and have been for 60yrs and would like to give the support of all the Saints fans on the official chat forum.
Although we have read articles on how the ground come to be sold to a business owned by the ex chairman, also how this chairman plans to either sell or build on it .
However, could you not stop this happening by having the stadium made a 'Listed' building and therefore, protected from demolition. The council, who I believe are with you in this matter maybe able to help you on this matter. It's just a thought.
Good Luck, Hope your team survives

3.I am a Derby County supporter living in Finland.

It will be very sad for a team with such tradition, passion and interest in real football to fold. I wish you all the best and shall be looking out for your score with interest on saturday

Can't be at a game, instead bearing the -5 degrees of Helsinki

GOOD LUCK and I wish you well

Richard Cousins

I thought I'd take this opportunity to offer my support to you all at Wrexham in your current situation.

Being a Bournemouth supporter I am well aware of the feeling that must be running through the supporters and everyone else associated with the club. I just wanted to wish you and your club all the best in your battle and I hope that you can make a similar success out of your position as we have of ours. Whilst we are not out of the woods and at current face the possible repossesion of our gorund the club has moved forward massively over the last 8/9 years.

Supporter groups can make a difference as we have shown and I am sure that with the support you have at the club and the support that I'm sure every true supporter in the country will show, you will make it through and come out the other side.

I'll be wearing red on Saturday (but then I would be) in support of your cause and hope you can find a quick resolution to your terrible position.

Whilst I appreciate that it's money you need more than anything I hope this e-mail can somehow help towards securing the future of your club.

Supporting you all the way,

Darren Budd
(A true supporter of football and what it stands for!)

Good Luck

5. I'm just writing with a message of support for your campaign.
Assuming no white knight appears over the horizon between now and tomorrow
(Wednesday) morning, there'll be a piece in my column in tomorrow's
Liverpool Echo urging Scousers to get themselves down to the Racecourse on
Saturday. I plan to do the same myself.
Good luck in trying to save your club - it sounds like you need it.

Stuart Rayner

Unfortunately, I will not be able to get to your home game on Saturday, and my team (Cardiff City) is playing on the Friday, not Saturday. Many of us in South Wales will be thinking of you on Saturday however and praying the right thing is done and that for once capitalism does not win over tradition.
Yours
Shaun Bowie
Cardiff

I have been a Cardiff City Supporter for nearly 30 years and am saddened by the plight of Wrexham Football Club.

Anything that I can do on Friday night I will do, particularly that our game is live on Sky. What can be done as yet I don't know but any action the club or supporters take will get my full support.

I hope that the Inland Revenue have second thoughts and suspend the dept for a while until things can be sorted out. It seems such a tiny amount of money when you think of the Millions that are spent on players transfer fees throughout a season.

I hope that things go well.

P. Ackland
Bridgend

Although I am a Cardiff City supporter living in France, and therefore a long way from Wrexham in all senses, I will be wearing some red, in support, on Saturday.
Good Luck

9. Good luck with your campaign to save Wrexham. I am a Burnley fan and will be going to the Brighton game with a few friends on Saturday. We will all wear something red to support your cause (I suppose you would rather the red was not our England shirts!). I attended the fans united day at Brighton a few years ago and it was great to see football supporters from all clubs fighting for one cause together. Sadly Brighton is still a club without a proper home, but at least it's still around! Up the clarets, Gary Crossley.

Hope you come out of this with your club still in business. Just stuck your press release on our website - www.millwall-mad.co.uk

All the best,

Neil Andrews
Editor
Millwall Mad

Hi Guys.
Keep up the fight the rest of the ordinary soccer fans are behind you.
Steve Butterworth. [Burnley]

No problem we are all in the grip of idiot chairmen who see business first and sod the fans we will oblige following our beloved Clarets to Brighton on Saturday and wear red (along with our Claret)
Neil and Jenny Bullen

Dear Wrexham Fans
We are Kings Field Casuals FC, a Sunday League club in the Southend area. Most of our players support Southend United or Canvey Island FC.
I understand that some of your supporters put on a five a side competition in order to raise money for your cause. If you do anything of this type in the future please contact usd and we will be happy to support it.
We wish you well with saving Wrexham. We will all support the wear red for Wrexham day on Saturday.

Good Luck

Brian Jeeves-Kings Field Casuals FC

I back calls for the Welsh Assembly to help Wrexham Council buy the Reds
Racecourse ground - securing it as a sporting venue for future generations.

Name: Stephen O'Neill

Address: 2 Silverdale Close, High Lane, Stockport, SK6 8JH

Tel Just a quick note to offer my support for the fans trying to save
Wrexham F.C. from the asset stripping Chairman (Hamilton).

I am a fan, season ticket holder, shareholder, IMUSA and Shareholders'
United member of Manchester United. We are also engaged in a fight to stave
off the unsolicited actions of an asset stripper. Fans of all clubs should
be encouraged to form and support supporters trusts. All fans should also
realise that they are potential prey to vultures who have no interest in
supporting our football clubs. Football clubs are vital community assets and
all that can be done to save them, should be done, whether it be Wrexham,
Leeds or Manchester United.

Good Luck

Stephen O'Neill

wxmfc2000

Sep 26, 2004
I will have thirty red armbands for those of you that will be in your Blue and White stripes. Hopefully with fans united on. If I can get them in time I'll take them up with me and give them to those that want them when we meet in the pub.

Cheers
Stu

www.redtalk.co.uk

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is on a Millwall site :clap:

FootyMAD > Lions MAD > Latest > Team News

Save the Welsh Dragons

Story by Press Release 16 November 2004

Thousands of fans unite to save Wrexham FC

TENS of thousands of football fans are putting aside tribal differences on Saturday in a mass display of unity to save one of the football league's oldest clubs.

The Fans United day of action on Saturday 20 November will see peaceful demonstrations at every football ground in England and Wales as well as a huge gathering of fans from different clubs at Wrexham FC's Racecourse Ground.

On Wednesday 17 November Wrexham FC faces a winding-up petition in the High Court. The action is being brought by the Inland Revenue for £900,000 of unpaid tax.

On Wednesday Wrexham FC faces the prospect of being placed into administration and docked 10 points by the Football League or even forced into liquidation. If the latter occurs, Wrexham will be the first football league club to go out of existence since Aldershot FC in 1992.

Many fans believe the club's plight is due to its owner Alex Hamilton, who wants to sell the ground for over £6million to property developers.

In any case Wrexham FC is living on borrowed time after 132 years of league football.

Now supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion - who lost their own ground almost nine years ago - are leading a day of action to draw attention to Wrexham's plight.

Fans United: football fans are being invited to wear their club colours and attend Wrexham's home game against Bristol City on Saturday 20 November - kick-off 3pm. They are asked stand alongside Wrexham fans and watch what could be Wrexham's last ever league game.

Wear Red for Wrexham: those fans who cannot make the trip to the Racecourse are asked to wear something red - or even carry a piece of red card - to their own team's match on the same day. They are asked to stand for 15 seconds at the kick-off to their match to show solidarity with Wrexham FC.

A Fans United spokesman and life-long Brighton supporter Nic Outterside said: "It is 12 years since Aldershot FC went bust and in that time many other football clubs have gone to the brink. In many cases these crises have been due to mismanagement or sheer greed of club owners or chairmen.

"When we lost our own ground - sold by our chairman Bill Archer to build a retail park - we came within inches of going out of existence. Even now our club is homeless and survives on a season by season basis.

"The danger of Wrexham folding is real and it would create a domino effect which could see many more towns lose their football clubs forever.

"I urge every right thinking football fan to take part in next Saturday's day of action."

Further information:

email: fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
A lot of rivals sites are now running the press release: need to do a run round to see which ones aren't!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Please note that the Red Passion site is down (has been since 7am) - a really bad time for them to lose that communication vehicle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here