Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just had Radio Five Live on the phone - they are definitely gonna be at the Racecourse on Saturday - as are BBC Cumbria (!).

They are fixing up interviews before and after the match and will also cover the game!

Press release now gone out to all "clubs in crisis" plus all Premiership clubs - in addition to press, TV and radio the other day

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Perhaps it is because so many people are trying to access it.

It went into temporary meltdown a number of times this week-I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they've exceeded their bandwidth allowance...

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Yes it's gone over board the last few days.

I remember when the most people registered on there at one time was 48, on Monday it rose to 154 on at once so that could be a factor.

I just hope though it's nothing to do with Mark Guterman threatening legal action again :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Yes it's gone over board the last few days.

I remember when the most people registered on there at one time was 48, on Monday it rose to 154 on at once so that could be a factor.

I just hope though it's nothing to do with Mark Guterman threatening legal action again :lolol:

But Gutterman is a fat pomce of a financial crook ... or are you not allowed to say that anymore?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do you have to dedicate that song to them? How about a Tom Jones number or '1000 trees' by the stereophonics?

I will email that statement over to you tonight.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Richie Morris said:
Do you have to dedicate that song to them? How about a Tom Jones number or '1000 trees' by the stereophonics?

I will email that statement over to you tonight.

Tom Jones is from Pontypridd and a Cardiff City boy!!!

What about Puff the Magic Dragon?

:lolol: :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Alex in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
Mark in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the red cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven pound bills
You only got ten

Dave comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Dave says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the lawyer
Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't try "No Doz"
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows

Get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Ring bell, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail
Look out kid
You're gonna get hit
But users, cheaters
Six-time losers
Hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool
Lookin' for a new fool
Don't follow leaders
Watch the parkin' meters

Ah get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance, learn to dance
Get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Look out kid
They keep it all hid
Better jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't wanna be a bum
You better chew gum
The pump don't work
'Cause the vandals took the handles

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have been getting loads of emails to fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

Just checked it and this has to be the best so far, from the Exeter City Chairman!

We deplore the situation in which your football club finds itself. We will support you on Saturday with a Tannoy announcement about the plight in which you find yourselves. A copy of the text will be forwarded to you.We will, in any event, be wearing Red anyway!In the meantime if there's anything else that we can do, please get in contact.

Dr David Treharne.
Chair Exeter City F.C.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Got an email from a contact in Bristol to say that they had run this in todays paper:

CITY ARE BACKING RIVALS
Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list
Bristol City fans will turn out in force to back their team AND Wrexham's plight tomorrow - but the sentiment ends there as far as Gate boss Brian Tinnion is concerned.

Some 800 Robins followers will flock to the Racecourse Ground and unite with rival supporters in a show of allegiance towards a club facing the possibility of extinction.
To highlight the issue, fans of clubs all over the country are being asked to wear red tomorrow in a show of support for the cash-strapped Welsh side.

The day of action is being orchestrated by Brighton supporters, who suffered the sale of their famous Goldstone Ground in 1995 and found themselves making the 140-mile round trip to Gillingham for home games over the next two years.

It means the Racecourse Ground will be awash with colour and emotion as fans unite in adversity, but Tinnion is adamant there will be nothing cordial about his side's attitude towards their opponents.

"We're not looking to do them any favours on the field, that's for sure," the player-manager maintained.

"All I am interested in affecting is the result. I can't affect what happens to Wrexham, now or in the future.

"The lads are full of confidence right now and rightly so.

"We took seven points from our three home games on the spin in the League recently, and we're unbeaten in our last three away games, so everyone is hungry for more.

"The players are working so hard for each other and that's the key. My biggest headache is looking after all the players that can't get into the team, as the ones in the first XI are perfectly happy with their lot."

Tinnion has a fully-fit squad to select from, with striker Paul Heffernan back following a groin complaint and pushing for a place on the bench.

Loan man Tony Dinning looks set to be recalled to the heart of midfield after Wigan prevented him from facing Brentford in the FA Cup.

Leroy Lita and Steve Brooker will form the front pairing again.

Wrexham play a 3-5-2 system and City could well employ a wing-back formation to match their opponents.

City fan Clive Ancrum, from Cardiff, summed up the mood of the travelling Bristol contingent tomorrow by saying: "We're looking for an away win first and foremost but there will be a lot of support for Wrexham and their fans.

"The support of a football team is a relationship unlike any other. Clubs are private companies; supporters do not own them.

"Yet there is also a sense that a town or area owns their football club and it will be a sad day when a town club finally does go into liquidation."

Ancrum added: "I hope Wrexham continue in business - the club is worth more to the community than another housing estate.

"When I recall the events of 1982 and how Bristol City came within hours of liquidation, I can't help feeling very sorry for Wrexham supporters right now."

Unsure if this has been mentioned before. However, Five live ran an excellent piece this afternoon which contained an interview with Denis Smith plus somebody from the supporters group who's name I believe was "Bruce". "Bruce" also gave our campaign for Falmer an excellent plug. Top man! :clap: The BBC have done well publicising Wrexhams cause. The piece on "final score" last Saturday was good and a damning criticism of Hamiltons intentions....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here