Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Got some good news from the Burnley site within www.Footymad.net

This quote is from Claret Tony who is involved ( I am led to believe ) in the Burnley Trust.

he said that "There will be something going on this site early next week and also on Burnley FC's official site."

A few have also said that they will be wearing Red to the game :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb. Had an email from some Darlington fans who are going to wear red to their game at Lincoln.

Should be on the Donny Rovers site soon as well and in their magazine.

It will be on our official site as well in the week building up to the game.

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Feel really depressed at the moment, we've lost 2 - 1 to Blackpool and there seems to be a fair amount of silence on some of our message boards at the moment.

It feels as if people are just waiting for the inevitable :(

Thanks everyone for the help, this next week is going to be a nightmare waiting for news of what is happening.

Glyndwr red wxmfc

Sep 23, 2004
Wrexham
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Feel really depressed at the moment, we've lost 2 - 1 to Blackpool and there seems to be a fair amount of silence on some of our message boards at the moment.

It feels as if people are just waiting for the inevitable :(

Thanks everyone for the help, this next week is going to be a nightmare waiting for news of what is happening.

Same here Steve just got back.
Wxm fans very quiet tonight.

Brilliant stuff all you Brighton fans :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Well done Richie and everyone else ---- seems that Seagulls are making an impression. We all (well most of us!) remember what it was like for us just a few years ago .... and we are still carrying the burden that Bellotti, Archer and Stanley left behind!
:clap:

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Have not had any response from the local paper or even Bristol City Football Club :glare:

Maybe I should not have mentioned I was a Brighton fan, they still seem a bit sensitive about us!!

Will try again later!

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
I've just spotted this on on the Manchester United rivals website. Thanks to whoever posted it!

No response from the MANCS on this but I've just replied anyhow.

Tenterdenseagull Posted on 4/11 12:38 Email this Message | Reply
Please help Wrexham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WREXHAM NEED OUR HELP

THE PROBLEM – The (very) short version

Wrexham AFC is facing an uncertain future after Chairman Alex Hamilton resigned from the board. The controversial Chairman is still the majority shareholder and owns, through one of his property businesses, the clubs stadium, which fans believe he will soon force them to leave.

The Racecourse Ground is only leased to the club and part of the agreement is that they only need to be given 12 months notice before being forced to leave. As the financial stability of the club is reaching a critical level, supporters fear that Hamilton will sell the stadium out from underneath them.

Wrexham have until November 17th to pay tax bills of over £900,000 to the Inland Revenue that owner Hamilton refuses to pay and it looks increasingly like professional football could disappear from the North Wales town after 132 years.

The supporters of Wrexham have tried to halt this process. Rob Griffiths, the Supporters Trust chairman, commented, "Wrexham is a proud club and the ground is of international significance. We could not watch the club die or the ground be sold. We hope supporters will have a major part to play in the future." The fans have set up a "Save the Racecourse" campaign that has received support from not only Wrexham fans but also those of other clubs who have been in the same situation. A supporter’s trust has gathered 500 members and recently presented proposals for the redevelopment of land on which the stadium is built, which they believe could raise enough money to finance a takeover deal.

The Supporters Trust is receiving backing from the local council but it is a distinct possibility that the club could be left penniless and homeless before sliding into obscurity.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

There are numerous ways you can help them. Supporters can help by sending donations to the Wrexham Supporters Trust or by signing the two petitions currently in motion.

WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST
Address Information

Wrexham Supporters Trust,PO Box 2200,Wrexham,LL12 9WG

Available Contact Numbers

Wrexham Supporters Trust: 07981 151958

Websites:

http://www.wst.org.uk/wst/modules.php?name=Contact

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_p...d.cgi?WREXHAMand1

Fill this form in and post / email it in

LEADER campaign

I back calls for the Welsh Assembly to help Wrexham Council buy the Reds Racecourse ground - securing it as a sporting venue for future generations.

Name: .....................................................

Address: ....................... ........................................
.................................................. ...........................

Tel ........................................

Simply fill in the coupon and return it to the Evening Leader office at 45 King Street, Wrexham or e-mail your support through to news@eveningleader.co.uk

Additional information can be obtained by emailing: fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

WEAR RED FOR WREXHAM DAY

The 20th November 2004 is to be ‘Wear Red for Wrexham’ Day on which fans from clubs around the country turn up to watch their respective club dressed in red.

This will be a striking visual show of support for their cause and will show the North Wales club that they are not alone. It will also show the powers that be that the rest of football cares what happens to the club.

Anyone seeking more information on ‘Wear Red for Wrexham’ day should email:

fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

It is important that as many of you as possible turn up in red to show support so please make the effort and spread the word round your club.

Wrexham fans are among the best and have rallied to help clubs such as Doncaster Rovers and Brighton and Hove Albion despite facing problems of their own.

It is time for the football community to return the favour.
FANS UTD WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

Last edited:

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Here's my reply to it. Some people reckon Alex Ferguson looks like Taggart!

StephenMWxm Posted on 11/11 2:15 Email this Message | Edit | Reply
There's Been A Murder (Taggart)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers to the Seagulls!

Do it for Taggart's son :))

duncandog

Nov 12, 2004
I'm not registered on north stnd chat so im posting this on here for your thoughts.

i was thinking about designing a wrexham and brighton scarf saying:

"BRIGHTON & WREXHAM" on one side, and,

"FANS UNITED" on the other.

any thoughts? would you guys buy these?

please email designs to: richardpurton AT hotmail DOT com

need responses asap so we can go to print.

thanks

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
StephenWrexhamFc said:
I've just spotted this on on the Manchester United rivals website. Thanks to whoever posted it!

Glad to be able to help!

The same message was posted on all the Rivals prem sites, took bloody ages on my dial up connection!

A few people are signing your petition and e-mailing etc but on the whole I'm a bit dissapointed with the reaction from the big clubs. There's definately an "I'm alright Jack" attitude with a lot of them.

Perhaps Albion fans are only happy when we've go a battle on our hands!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Wrexham Council ought to apply for twinning status with Brighton I reckon!

That's exactly how I felt about Charlton on Fans United Day....they were brilliant.

Look beyond the dickheads and real football fans aren't a bad lot really are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here