Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I've done The Conference, The Conference South and The Conference North.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
We will have hard copy petitions for people to sign at the game tomorrow and Burnley as well. So when you buy your quiz, buy your rock and drop off your Colchester programme, please sign the Wrexham petition as well.

We will be on the Falmer campaign tables in the North and South Stands. (The South Stand one is to your right as you pass through the turnstiles.)

Well done Richie!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Richie

A SUGGESTION .... having just watched the Wrexham v Brighton video AGAIN!

Why not buy about 3,000 sheets of RED printer paper (cost about £24) and print off the slogan (SAVE the RACECOURSE) and hand out before the Burnley game.

If we get 3,000 fans waving red paper in a contest between Blue and white and claret and light blue, it would create a great media opportunity ....

It may be worth spreading the suggestion to willing participants elsewhere!!!

PS See Red Passion site - rumours that Hamilton is currently talking to a mjor building firm re housing development!!!!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
On the Left Wing said:
Richie

A SUGGESTION .... having just watched the Wrexham v Brighton video AGAIN!

Why not buy about 3,000 sheets of RED printer paper (cost about £24) and print off the slogan (SAVE the RACECOURSE) and hand out before the Burnley game.

If we get 3,000 fans waving red paper in a contest between Blue and white and claret and light blue, it would create a great media opportunity ....

It may be worth spreading the suggestion to willing participants elsewhere!!!

PS See Red Passion site - rumours that Hamilton is currently talking to a mjor building firm re housing development!!!!!

ERRRR is that not what I said last night OTLW which is why you posted the Pictures up??? The FootyMad Community covers individual teams thus posted on well over 100 clubs from Crawley to cowdenbeath. Will go find some more to post on now and let you all know.

Nice work chaps and chapettes :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
bha.fatboy said:
ERRRR is that not what I said last night OTLW which is why you posted the Pictures up??? The FootyMad Community covers individual teams thus posted on well over 100 clubs from Crawley to cowdenbeath. Will go find some more to post on now and let you all know.

Nice work chaps and chapettes :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sorry FB .... I was emphasising the idea of using RED printer paper as it is more distinctive!

:clap: :clap:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
On the Left Wing said:
Sorry FB .... I was emphasising the idea of using RED printer paper as it is more distinctive!

:clap: :clap:

I will let you off OTLW :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: any news on this idea yet Richie. Will also help if the wear red campaign does not go as well as hoped

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Have had a lot of support from the Burnley site and they have informed their Press officer. Will try finding out more details from them. Also told them about the red paper etc we will have so hopefully even if everywhere else fails Withdean should be a sea of Red :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Do not know if anyone has done this but I have contacted Burnley's Trust and asked them to liase with myself or come on here so that we can make the day a memorable one for the Wrexham boys.
fingers crossed they will be up for this and I will keep you all posted.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Well done BHAFB and Richie .... you are both doing some fantastic stuff

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
On the Left Wing said:
Well done BHAFB and Richie .... you are both doing some fantastic stuff

As have you been OTLW

Just written to the editor of the official Burnley football club website and hope that they will be in contact shortly with either myself or the Wrexham trust direct with their backing

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll do Leicester Trust as well.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
i could really do with seeing a few pictures off wrexham fans with banners for Falmer, cos unless i'm mistaken when we were at there place last season it was th brighton fans who sung there hearts out for the wrexham cause and the favour was not returned at all during several chourus's of "stand up if you want falmer",

now you are all grown up enough to do as you wish, but wear red for wrexham? i think i'll be in blue and white for the albion

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
MidlandSeagull69 said:
i could really do with seeing a few pictures off wrexham fans with banners for Falmer, cos unless i'm mistaken when we were at there place last season it was th brighton fans who sung there hearts out for the wrexham cause and the favour was not returned at all during several chourus's of "stand up if you want falmer",

now you are all grown up enough to do as you wish, but wear red for wrexham? i think i'll be in blue and white for the albion

Maybe you have forgotten the end of that match then!!!

Or do you remember the massive Falmer banner the Wrexham fans erected for us two months ago?

Or perhaps you should have been at Doncaster with us a few weeks ago, when Wrexham fans sang in Unison "We love you Brighton" again and again. More than 100 fans also shook our hands and promised us support and many many more have signed our Falmer petition.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
On the Left Wing said:
Maybe you have forgotten the end of that match then!!!

Or do you remember the massive Falmer banner the Wrexham fans erected for us two months ago?

Or perhaps you should have been at Doncaster with us a few weeks ago, when Wrexham fans sang in Unison "We love you Brighton" again and again. More than 100 fans also shook our hands and promised us support and many many more have signed our Falmer petition.

You tell him OTLW:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: they appreciate what we do for them as much as I appreciate the help they have given to us

Last edited:

brisgull

Oct 2, 2003
bristol
Email sent to local paper in Brizzle and also sent one to Bristol City Football Club as they are playing Wrexham that day!!! Keeping fingers crossed now!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
The Red card for Burnley instead of wearing red might work better.If it is pissing down with rain how many in the South stand have red coats ? If you want loads of red card then I can supply lot cheaper then been suggested.Will pay for it myself can get 2/4000 sheets of A4 easy,let me know.We can put a sheet of A4 red card on every seat in the south stand and have an agreed time for holding it up.The whole stand will go red.For an extra 2000 or so we could do the North stand aswell and that would get the cameras on it.Now that would be impressive.
"Hold up your card if you support Wrexham".

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Update.

Got abuse from people on Conference message boards. Nice of them.

Donny Rovers are putting it in their magazine and on their website all next week.

Looks like we are go on the red cards. Am going to contact the club tomorrow to ask permission.

Im going to ask Turkey if we can borrow the banner to walk round the pitch at half time of Burnley game as well.

All coming along well.

Lots of fans contacted and a press person from every league club.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Harveys_Hammers

Jul 26, 2004
Guildford
Lads,

If you want I know a few football forums that I could post this on. Do you want me to?

We've got Mil**all on the Sunday away...:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here