Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**20th November 2004 - Wear Red for Wrexham Day**

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok regarding getting the word spread this end I have:

1. Contacted the programme regarding covering it.
2. Asked that an announcement be made.
3. Contacted the argus

On my list of things to do today is:

1. Contact the programme editors of all league clubs.
2. Contact Southern Counties Radio
3. Create a press release to email everyone with background info and ways you can help for everyone to then post on message boards.

We can make this work if everyone helps to spread the word.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Richie

We seem the have a at least a dozen people on board. If everyone does just 8 clubs each, we will easily the 92 league clubs!

Well done, by the way .....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The list I have from people who pm'd me is about 20 which is great news.

I will be sending another email round this afternoon with a press release and asking people to just post on half a dozen message boards each.

Anyone who is willing to help can you leave details of what clubs boards you are going on posted on this thread.

So far we have:

- Brighton
- Doncaster
- Sunderland
- Crystal Palace
- Watford
- Carlisle
- Darlington

So once you get my press release start hitting other clubs message boards.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've just posted on 3 Burnley boards asking them to join in, also suggested they visit this site for updates.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
WREXHAM NEED OUR HELP

THE PROBLEM – The (very) short version

Wrexham AFC is facing an uncertain future after Chairman Alex Hamilton resigned from the board. The controversial Chairman is still the majority shareholder and owns, through one of his property businesses, the clubs stadium, which fans believe he will soon force them to leave.

The Racecourse Ground is only leased to the club and part of the agreement is that they only need to be given 12 months notice before being forced to leave. As the financial stability of the club is reaching a critical level, supporters fear that Hamilton will sell the stadium out from underneath them.

Wrexham have until November 17th to pay tax bills of over £900,000 to the Inland Revenue that owner Hamilton refuses to pay and it looks increasingly like professional football could disappear from the North Wales town after 132 years.

The supporters of Wrexham have tried to halt this process. Rob Griffiths, the Supporters Trust chairman, commented, "Wrexham is a proud club and the ground is of international significance. We could not watch the club die or the ground be sold. We hope supporters will have a major part to play in the future." The fans have set up a "Save the Racecourse" campaign that has received support from not only Wrexham fans but also those of other clubs who have been in the same situation. A supporter’s trust has gathered 500 members and recently presented proposals for the redevelopment of land on which the stadium is built, which they believe could raise enough money to finance a takeover deal.

The Supporters Trust is receiving backing from the local council but it is a distinct possibility that the club could be left penniless and homeless before sliding into obscurity.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

There are numerous ways you can help them. Supporters can help by sending donations to the Wrexham Supporters Trust or by signing the two petitions currently in motion.

WREXHAM SUPPORTERS TRUST
Address Information

Wrexham Supporters Trust,PO Box 2200,Wrexham,LL12 9WG

Available Contact Numbers

Wrexham Supporters Trust: 07981 151958

Websites:

http://www.wst.org.uk/wst/modules.php?name=Contact

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?WREXHAM&1

Fill this form in and post / email it in

LEADER campaign

I back calls for the Welsh Assembly to help Wrexham Council buy the Reds Racecourse ground - securing it as a sporting venue for future generations.

Name: .....................................................

Address: ....................... ........................................
.................................................. ...........................

Tel ........................................

Simply fill in the coupon and return it to the Evening Leader office at 45 King Street, Wrexham or e-mail your support through to news@eveningleader.co.uk

Additional information can be obtained by emailing: fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

WEAR RED FOR WREXHAM DAY

The 20th November 2004 is to be ‘Wear Red for Wrexham’ Day on which fans from clubs around the country turn up to watch their respective club dressed in red.

This will be a striking visual show of support for their cause and will show the North Wales club that they are not alone. It will also show the powers that be that the rest of football cares what happens to the club.

Anyone seeking more information on ‘Wear Red for Wrexham’ day should email:

fansbehindwrexham@hotmail.com

It is important that as many of you as possible turn up in red to show support so please make the effort and spread the word round your club.

Wrexham fans are among the best and have rallied to help clubs such as Doncaster Rovers and Brighton and Hove Albion despite facing problems of their own.

It is time for the football community to return the favour.
FANS UTD WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
saafend_seagull said:
if spurs can wear red, then everyone can!

it is highly unlikley you will get anyone from spurs wearing red, it'd be like turning up to a home game in palace colours, however good effort Richie and good luck. Just gotta get hold of some Burnley tickets now for you on wear red day!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've posted Richie's press release on all the Premiership Rivals boards. not sure it'll do a lot of good though, most of the self obsessed prem fans couldn't care less. The only supportive reply I've seen so far was from the Palace board!

I'll have a go at some of the FL clubs later.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just finished emailing a someone from each of the Championship clubs asking them to put something in their programme or on their official website.

Will have some lunch then do Leage 1.

Yoda

English & European
So far I have posted on Arsenal Land, Arsenal World and Keep Right On(Birmingham City, and am awaiting for registration to go through on Hearos & Villans and Villa Talk.

Keep it going guys.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Posted on all the boards I ticked for. Will update on responses.

Also see fund raising idea on other my auction thread.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Next week I think we should start a separate thread for any Seagulls to post who can make it to the Wrexham v Bristol City game on the 20th.
We need to get an idea of numbers so we can all meet before the game and go to the Racecourse united together.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great news. Paul Camillin ahs just emailed me over the contact details for all the press officers of all 92 league clubs.

Should make it a bit easier to get the word round.

We were too late for Saturdays programme but there is going to be something on the website and something in the programme on how to help next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here