Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 December 21 (end of Mayan calender) what do you think will happen?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Have you coughed up a load of dosh for this bollocks - a la Scientologists - and now you have to try and recruit new mugs in order to recoup your expenditure?

nope, if I was to ever want to form a cult/ religion then my advice to everyone is to stop taking life so bloody seriously and just have some fun and stop caring about money, material, status, TV and all the other mindless crap we all seem so sucked into ie What religion to believe in to what political party is less of a bullshitter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not just the Mayans and the Egyptians it's Britney Spears too! "Till The World Ends" starts with the graphic 21st December 2012 and some sort of massive meteor shower heading to earth.

Fortunately, there's some sort of massive party going on underground and the whole thing turns into an orgy, so bring it on!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That is a post which makes no sense.
What I think he's saying is that your posts show how the human condition is weakening because you (and many others) don't accept the ancient prophesies. Personally I'd have said it shows that the human condition is strengthening as it shows we no longer all run around looking fearfully up at the skies wondering what'll happen when planets align.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Unbelievable, isn't it? Someone who is otherwise so intelligent in that they support Brighton & Hove Albion could be so... taken in.

It's either that or this is Southern Sid's alter ego, in which case I have been taken in on a stunningly successful fishing trip.

Trust me, your not that important. If you want me to do you a favour then stop writing to me.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
What I think he's saying is that your posts show how the human condition is weakening because you (and many others) don't accept the ancient prophesies. Personally I'd have said it shows that the human condition is strengthening as it shows we no longer all run around looking fearfully up at the skies wondering what'll happen when planets align.

Why should anyone be scared of the world changing as we know it? it sounds very exciting to me. Nothing better than some change, whats the problem?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Some do, evidently.

Pitiful, really.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
what will happen, 22nd December 2012, that's what will happen, now move along please there's nothing to see here.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
what will happen, 22nd December 2012, that's what will happen, now move along please there's nothing to see here.

yes and there will probably be a December 23rd and a 24th so on. but when the Mayan Calendar runs out thats when the world will be at it's most noticable difference. You lot watch way too many movies to get carried away with the smallest little things. When someone says the world is going to change, that shouldn't mean to anyone its going to end for good. but i supose everyones got there own perspective, some positive some negative.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
yes and there will probably be a December 23rd and a 24th so on. but when the Mayan Calendar runs out thats when the world will be at it's most noticable difference. You lot watch way too many movies to get carried away with the smallest little things. When someone says the world is going to change, that shouldn't mean to anyone its going to end for good. but i supose everyones got there own perspective, some positive some negative.

Surely the only people its going to effect are Mayans?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
nope, if I was to ever want to form a cult/ religion then my advice to everyone is to stop taking life so bloody seriously and just have some fun and stop caring about money, material, status, TV and all the other mindless crap we all seem so sucked into ie What religion to believe in to what political party is less of a bullshitter.

From the person who follows Brighton religiously on Sky Sports TV...

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Unsure if its a fishing trip. If so, I give you a 9/10. Top effort!

If not, you've sadly outed yourself as an absolute crazy. I must ask you to put the spliff down and walk away before you do yourself some irreversible damage.

On a side note, I shall be attending an 'end of the world party' on this date, for the sole purpose of rubbing it in the faces of the deluded few who actually believe this nonsense, when the world doesn't actually end.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes and there will probably be a December 23rd and a 24th so on. but when the Mayan Calendar runs out

but it doesnt run out. it just rolls over to the next cycle. like 31st Dec 2011 will become 1st Jan 2012, 13th baktun will become the 14th baktun.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Unsure if its a fishing trip. If so, I give you a 9/10. Top effort!

If not, you've sadly outed yourself as an absolute crazy. I must ask you to put the spliff down and walk away before you do yourself some irreversible damage.

On a side note, I shall be attending an 'end of the world party' on this date, for the sole purpose of rubbing it in the faces of the deluded few who actually believe this nonsense, when the world doesn't actually end.

Before you start an argument, know what your arguing about. Trust me it works. The world will never end you moron, it's going to effing change, how many time do I need to repeat myself!! oh and this end of world party? I'm on guestlist so i'll see you there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here