Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 December 21 (end of Mayan calender) what do you think will happen?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It'll be worth bouncing this thread sometime after the event. Falmer can then tell us how the calculations were slightly wrong and how the world is REALLY going to end/change in 2022 instead. Honest.

Either than or he'll claim it was a massive 'southern_sid' wind-up and how much he was laughing as we all fell for it (Only we haven't, but never mind).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Something does confuse me however [MENTION=17759]Falmer[/MENTION]. If these people had predicted these 2012 events because it was 5000 and whatever years ahead, did they have 365 day years? I could be wrong but I am sure that is a relatively new way of calculating years? Or did they predict the change in length of years too?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He did seem to call the World Trade Centre attack right though. Scarily so.
I don't believe you.
But the twin towers thing, I remember reading (someone's interpretation of) his prediction of it about 5 years before it happened, and then when it did actually happen 5 years later it all seemed a bit too real.
See if you can find the prediction you had read, and proof it was published 5 years before the twin towers. No one has managed to do that, so it might be tricky. It's more likely that looking back you remember reading about something that seemed simillar to the terrorist attack, but as it was 5 years previous, you are probably not so clear on the detail.
Not to mention Hitler and Princess Dianas death.
:facepalm:
If you really believe all the astrological predictions of Nostradamus, Mother Shipton, the Mayans, Russell Grant, etc then you are a gullible cretin. You're not alone, but you ARE a gullible cretin.
This.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Nostradamus enthusiasts have credited him with predicting numerous events in world history, from the Great Fire of London, and the rise of Napoleon and Adolf Hitler, to the 11 September attacks on the World Trade Center, but only ever in hindsight. Skeptics such as James Randi suggest that his reputation as a prophet is largely manufactured by modern-day supporters who fit his words to events that have either already occurred or are so imminent as to be inevitable, a process sometimes known as "retroactive clairvoyance" (postdiction). There is no evidence in the academic literature to suggest that any Nostradamus quatrain has ever been interpreted as predicting a specific event before it occurred, other than in vague, general terms that could equally apply to any number of other events. In particular, no quatrain suggests, as is often claimed by books and films on the alleged Mayan Prophecy, that the world will end in December 2012.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
jehovas witnesses come out with this doomsday scenario every year or so.

I had a boss when I worked in a Brighton Chartered Accountants who was an avid JW and one day, he told us all that this particular weekend the world was ending and he was going to Switzerland to live out his days on a mountain.....three weeks later he was back, and me being a young cocky twat said to him " so why are we not all dead" and he replied " he has chosen to spare us.."

Much hilarity followed

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
jehovas witnesses come out with this doomsday scenario every year or so.

I had a boss when I worked in a Brighton Chartered Accountants who was an avid JW and one day, he told us all that this particular weekend the world was ending and he was going to Switzerland to live out his days on a mountain.....three weeks later he was back, and me being a young cocky twat said to him " so why are we not all dead" and he replied " he has chosen to spare us.."

Much hilarity followed

Isn't it all the usual religious zealots putting the fear of 'God' up their flocks?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Didn't the Mayan calendar end on that date (or revised date to Gregorian calendar) due to the fact that all the planets are going to line up on that day,
so therefore they thought it would cause the world to end as we know it?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Didn't the Mayan calendar end on that date (or revised date to Gregorian calendar) due to the fact that all the planets are going to line up on that day,
so therefore they thought it would cause the world to end as we know it?

100% correct

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You're confusing astronomy with astrology. Astronomy is a science. The Mayans, like many ancient races, were very good at astronomy and measuring and observing the physical universe. Astrology on the other hand, horoscopes and stuff, is a complete crock of shit. I've no doubt that the Mayans, like us, had a mixture of astronomers and astrologers. DON'T confuse the two.

this.

the Mayan long count calander ends sometime in 2012, which has been given some huge importance. reality is, if the Mayans were around today and invented computers, they would be frantically dealling with their "2012 problem", like we did with Y2K. thats all its is, a rollover of a calander system. modern "scholars" have imposed predictions of doom upon this.

the egyptian link is a new one to me, i'd have thought if they are watching the skies and basing stuff on cosmological movements, its fair to say they would end up with a cycle matching the Mayan. (with no need for a thrid party of aliens to be involved either).

Nostradamus predictions are bollocks. they are always infer after the event "look, this passage means this and thats another name for such so he must have predicted it!". the prose is so loose and open to interpretation that nearly anything can be retrospectivly laid ontop of something in his work.

and Diana died because she didnt put her f***ing seat belt on. its really that smiple.

Niribu is bat shit crazy land. theres nothing there, we'd see it. planet or a dwarf star, its would be emitting light or reflecting the sun, and there would be a gravity distortion. if you want to believe in this, and if you believe it can affect the earth from beyond Jupiter, i recommend you run up a massive debt, f*** everything that moves and generally live in decadence, as it will end the world when it gets close. there will be no hiding out in some bunker witha months supply of rice and water, it would tear this planet apart.

the only catastrophe to occur on Sept 27th was at the Amex.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
100% correct
So if the planets 'line up' on that day (and given that I've already said the Mayans were good at astronomy and astronomical predictions I'll take your word for it that they will) - why does that mean the end of the world / end of time or whatever? Why will this have such a cataclysmic effect on our lives?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So if the planets 'line up' on that day (and given that I've already said the Mayans were good at astronomy and astronomical predictions I'll take your word for it that they will) - why does that mean the end of the world / end of time or whatever? Why will this have such a cataclysmic effect on our lives?

No, it gives gullible airheads something to grizzle about.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Egytian and Mayan calendar both end on the exact same dates but yet both races were situated on different sides if the ocean never coming into contact. that alone is enough to wonder if something may happen.
Can you post your references for when the Egyptian calenar ends?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
i'm not 100% sure on how i think this will pan out but what i can gather is that lots of people think this could be a new phase/cycle of the Earth. Maybe the age of Aquarius look it up to make your opinion there's lots of interesting things.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh don't f***ing encourage him. :wozza:
:lol: you posting here is just as much encouragement.
i'm not 100% sure on how i think this will pan out
No shit
lots of people think this could be a new phase/cycle of the Earth.
That's not the end of the world is it.
Maybe the age of Aquarius look it up to make your opinion there's lots of interesting things.
I've looked it up, and I can confirm that there is nothing interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here