Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
At least those of us that counselled caution on the subject of immigration will have the consolation of telling the commissars of multiculturalism "I told you so" when the multicultural experiment goes the shape of the pear, if it hasn't done so already.

Anyone who thinks that this land of ours has been enriched by multiculturalism should take a stroll down Oxford's Cowley Road.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
unnameable said:
Anyone who thinks that this land of ours has been enriched by multiculturalism should take a stroll down Oxford's Cowley Road.

I was driven down there a while ago and that was enough for me thanks!

Where abouts in Oxford do you live?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
unnameable said:
I live in Divinity Road, off the Cowley Road. When I get sick of living "abroad", I go back to Lancing for a few days.

If your ever around the Littlemore area pop in the Goerge, It's run by a good old Sussex boy from Lancing and you get a decent bit of grub in there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

bhaexpress said:
Wind your neck in, did I say I was complaining ? Please don't do a 'Simster' and start imagining things. I merely made a point but at no time did I say anything derogatory. FYI I currently work with three South Africans, two Aussies and two Kiwis.
stupid tosser.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
British Bulldog, I'm often in the Littlemore area as my girlfriend lives in the adjoining district, Sandford-on-Thames. I will treat her to an evening in the George this weekend.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
unnameable said:
British Bulldog, I'm often in the Littlemore area as my girlfriend lives in the adjoining district, Sandford-on-Thames. I will treat her to an evening in the George this weekend.

The landlord is Geof just tell him Lawrence recomended you go there, Just beware on Sundays he stop serving food about 3 ish.

He does do good food though and most people who ate at the Shepherd & Dog when he run that will testify.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
unnameable said:
British Bulldog, it's good to know that I'm not the only Lancing man living in exile in Oxford.

I'm certain Geof will be pleased to meet another face from the Lancing area fella, He thought he was the only one as well.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
MYOB said:
Why did he bother? Irish citizens have full rights in the UK, and vice-versa (well, we reciprocate in kind only - so you can't vote for president here as theres no president for us to vote for in the UK...)

For the BNPers : Generally if someone becomes a citizen its because they intend to stay and integrate. Not steal the jobs you probably wouldn't take or the council houses too small for your 8+ kid familes anyway.

It wasn't about his rights here or in Ireland it was because of a further foreign situation and a wrangle over taxes elsewhere. It wasn't done by choice I can tell you that!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

Simster said:
stupid tosser.

You cannot resist making some stupid remark on just about any post I make. I hope for your wife's sake you're not as petty with her because if you are you're hgeading for some problems. If you'd have bothered to read the full thread you'd have seen I echoing the sentiments of somebody else and not passing judgment at all.

Who's the tosser ? I guess you must be bored with with moaning about people at cashpoints and Portsmouth FC . Try growing up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

bhaexpress said:
Wind your neck in, did I say I was complaining ? Please don't do a 'Simster' and start imagining things. I merely made a point but at no time did I say anything derogatory. FYI I currently work with three South Africans, two Aussies and two Kiwis.

let's rewind shall we:

bhaexpress said:
I was going to mention that. Interesting that so many Antipodeans work here yet we can't get similar Visas for their countries not to mention all the South Africans and people from Zimbabwe who have left as 'The place has gone down since the Kaffirs took over'.

Of course they're mainly white.

what exactly ARE you insinuating then?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

bhaexpress said:
not to mention all the South Africans and people from Zimbabwe who have left as 'The place has gone down since the Kaffirs took over'.

Of course they're mainly white.

Has to be said they HAVE developed a sudden passion for travelling and backpacking in recent years, on LONG stay tickets, possibly ONE-WAY. Don't recall them showing much interest in seeing the world while they were still the self-appointed master race. (Still never met a nice one BTW)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

Smart Mart said:
That'll be me then :clap2:

and I cant f***ing wait...

Seems that there is a lot of immigration 'in' at the moment, which is a good thing because our economy needs it, but as soon as you have made your wedge, get the hell out ,and go and live somewhere less f***ing damp and with a decent quality of life...

You can always pop back on Easyjet to see the Albion play.

:smokin:

Noticed your location is Cognac......lovely area.......and a great golf course...!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: 1m immigrants given British citizenship in the past decade!

Tom Hark said:
Has to be said they HAVE developed a sudden passion for travelling and backpacking in recent years, on LONG stay tickets, possibly ONE-WAY. Don't recall them showing much interest in seeing the world while they were still the self-appointed master race. (Still never met a nice one BTW)

My dentist (in Hove) is a South African.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I would like to have a dentist in Hove, where I live - and a doctor. Unfortunatly - I cant get either, because the ones that I am eligable to register with, are full....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trotster said:
I would like to have a dentist in Hove, where I live - and a doctor. Unfortunatly - I cant get either, because the ones that I am eligable to register with, are full....

As far as I am aware our dentist is still taking NHS patients. I can send you details if you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here