Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
you haven't taken into account the U16, U11, U18 or senior ticket holders. so it would be quite a lot less than 6.75 million :down:
Read his post again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Clubs like Norwich, Ipswich, Charlton and Reading have shown how it can be done to get decent crowds in a decent stadium.

The ball is very much in the club's court, fingers crossed they get it right.

Having said that, and if we do sell out, there should be no excuse for hissy fits from 'superfans' who went to Gillingham but for some reason think that because of that they can roll up to Falmer at 2.55 and expect the best seats in the house.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I find that really bizarre, but there seem to be many who are gonna do the same. How fans can switch their interest on and off because of the facilities is something I cannot get my head around :shrug:

I mean even a fairweather fan will rock up for the big games at Withdean or away, but not to go for over 10 years and then buy a season ticket? Does it really come down to going because it's new and the cool thing to do?

I think with some people it is that way. Everyone is different, I know my Dad was a season ticket holder for many years at the goldstone and he just got dissalusioned by the whole out of Brighton thing and the temporary home scenario.
Some/many people just dont want to watch football in such a poor facility like Withdean, as for my brother he like me plays football on a saturday but is giving that up when Falmer comes along.

Embrace any albion fan i say that is willing to come back.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
After gauging interest from those I know who never really went to Withdean, and many that have never really supported the Albion as their first team, but all of which claim to be up for getting a season ticket I think we are going to be very close to selling the stadium out pretty reguarly.

Bring it on I say.

Totally agree, it's the same where I am (Newhaven) my guess is that we will sell out easily 15,500...People who have only followed the Albion for less than 20 years haven't understood the potential of this club...I had a look at a programme from 78/79 season and we had 30,000+ home attendances for 3 games in a row!!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just read the article on the Argus website about fans not being priced out at Falmer and saw that there will be 15,500 season tickets available at Falmer. I take it the away tickets are about 2,500 plus the corporate seats are about 2,500 so if we were to sell all 15,500 season tickets there would only be approx 3000 tickets available for each home game?! I'm not exactly dissing this as if we can sell out every game that's brilliant BUT I would say i'm worried about getting tickets easily (esp for the 1st game at Falmer) if there's so few on general sale. I don't want to start a 'i'm a better fan than you' thread but it would be slightly unfair on fans like myslef who don't get season tickets because of other commitments like working / playing football / or financial reasons to not be able to get a ticket for that 1st game - especially for those that have endured Withdean for 10 years and gone to many away games... Just a thought but in a way i'm shitting it I won't get a ticket for that first game!!!

How many will youy expect to sell for - say - Peterborough, or even Scunthorpe? I bet you won't get Palace first up, in whatever division.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I hope you're right.

IMO it depends what League we're in.

I really can't see 20,000+ average crowds in League 1.

Yes we have a big catchment area, but half of them seem to 'support' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd'

That's realistic.

You might get 20,000 for Millwall, Southampton, probably Pompey by then, but as an average it's pushing it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We need to be careful that we don't fall into the same trap as at The Goldstone in 1979. So many people thought we would sell out against Arsenal in the first match in the top flight that they didn't bother going to the match, and there was space for another 4,000 in the end.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We need to be careful that we don't fall into the same trap as at The Goldstone in 1979. So many people thought we would sell out against Arsenal in the first match in the top flight that they didn't bother going to the match, and there was space for another 4,000 in the end.

Are you getting a season ticket for Falmer?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Cant really pin a number that we will get regularly. However what is really interesting (to me anyway) is the number of people i have spoken to through cricket, local football and just being out and about in Tunbridge Wells, how many 'dormant' fans there are.

I had no idea how many people of my age - around 40 - used to get the old 729 bus down on a saturday, how many used to go up to London away games and who are hoping to get season tickets.

I know a lot of people talk about the lost youth of Brighton fan-wise - but I think that even given the current economic climate there is a big middle age number of fans who could start coming back - with a bit of spending power. Could be interesting.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but for some reason think that because of that they can roll up to Falmer at 2.55 and expect the best seats in the house.

no they have all gone to Gold and Platinum people who can afford them!

:smile:

I hope we are not being wildly optomistic here. As I have said many times, it has to be easy! getting to the ground, getting tickets, getting away etc etc...

that will be the trick!

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
I haven't had a season ticket since the Goldstone. In the last half dozen years have probably been to 10-15 home games a season incuding the cup and a handful away. HAd already decided to buy a season ticket at Falmer and TRHK Jr is also keen.

I hate Withdean and had other commitments on Saturdays so never felt that I could commit to every game. Now we have a number of things that have come together to make a season ticket a more realistic proposition: obviously a great new stadium (it matters and it makes a difference to people), we have a roof, we have a new chairman and manager who seem to want the same thing and we have hope for the first time in ages. This is why ex-fans, supporters of other clubs and lapsed season ticket holders are talking about coming back. In T Wells there is a large and growing excitement about Falmer (and all it stands for) amongst people who consider themselves West Ham or Arsenal or Spurs fans but who don't go to those games regularly. they have the possibility of watching live (Saturday) football in a great facility, played by a flair team on their doorstep - and they are chomping at the bit.

If Bloom can stump up the cash and Gus can get the team playing the way we know he can - in a 21st C stadium to rival any in the Premier League then I can quite see how we'll get huge numbers of season ticket sales. The area has been starved of this for over a decade (and frankly The Goldstone turned a lot of people off way before we left).

If we get this right - and take the opportunity presented to us - we could have a big and solid fan base at Falmer for years to come.

Spot on:clap:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'd have thought that the long-term interests of the club (ie the chance of having big crowds in 10, 20 years time) are better served by having relatively few STHs and 60,000 people going from time to time, than by having 15,000 people going to every match and 20,000 going from time to time.

The greater the number who go 'ever' means more people talking, tweeting, etc about the Albion in Sussex - and more people affiliated with the club and paying for membership, merch, etc.

So I'm interested to see what packages the club will come up with for 'membership' and eg 'alternate match' season tickets.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
no they have all gone to Gold and Platinum people who can afford them!

I hope we are not being wildly optomistic here. As I have said many times, it has to be easy! getting to the ground, getting tickets, getting away etc etc...

that will be the trick!

Exactly. It is going to have to be a bit of a team effort to make sure things run smoothly, particularly if we wish/need to expand at some point.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Clubs like Norwich, Ipswich, Charlton and Reading have shown how it can be done to get decent crowds in a decent stadium.

The ball is very much in the club's court, fingers crossed they get it right.

Having said that, and if we do sell out, there should be no excuse for hissy fits from 'superfans' who went to Gillingham but for some reason think that because of that they can roll up to Falmer at 2.55 and expect the best seats in the house.

I was a STH for 8 years at Withdean and both in Gillingham (10 out of the past 13 seasons in other words) before I couldn't commit to a new ST anymore. Unfortunately I recognise that this counts for nothing on the clubs database as the new dawn approaches, so the only way I can guarantee my seat alongside the johnny come latelys is to queue outside the offices on day 1 that they're released to all non-STHs. But I'm prepared to take a day off to travel down from S.Bucks in order to do that. I just hope and pray that the club doesn't decide to make it "postal applications only" because then I really am in the same lottery as the "johnnys" (who I'm assuming just won't be prepared to sit outside the office at 6am to get a ticket when the doors open at 9, simply because they're not as passionate about the Albion and played bugger all part in securing our new stadium unlike so many of us)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In T Wells there is a large and growing excitement about Falmer (and all it stands for) amongst people who consider themselves West Ham or Arsenal or Spurs fans but who don't go to those games regularly. they have the possibility of watching live (Saturday) football in a great facility, played by a flair team on their doorstep - and they are chomping at the bit.

QUOTE]

Yep, but they can all **** off until AFTER I've got my ticket for the first game at Falmer. Sorry, but I ain't put my heart and soul into this club through thin and thin to be denied the opening match & season. That would be the equivalent of serving life for a crime I didn't commit only for the conviction to be quashed on the day of my release.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I was a STH for 8 years at Withdean and both in Gillingham (10 out of the past 13 seasons in other words) before I couldn't commit to a new ST anymore. Unfortunately I recognise that this counts for nothing on the clubs database as the new dawn approaches, so the only way I can guarantee my seat alongside the johnny come latelys is to queue outside the offices on day 1 that they're released to all non-STHs. But I'm prepared to take a day off to travel down from S.Bucks in order to do that. I just hope and pray that the club doesn't decide to make it "postal applications only" because then I really am in the same lottery as the "johnnys" (who I'm assuming just won't be prepared to sit outside the office at 6am to get a ticket when the doors open at 9, simply because they're not as passionate about the Albion and played bugger all part in securing our new stadium unlike so many of us)

You will appear on the clubs database as having season ticket so I would imagine they will contact you (and everyone that has owned a season ticket but not renewed for whatever reason) and offer something for Falmer.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
You will appear on the clubs database as having season ticket so I would imagine they will contact you (and everyone that has owned a season ticket but not renewed for whatever reason) and offer something for Falmer.

I don't think that's true if you're inferring some sort of priority. I just think we'll be in the same boat as any fresh new parties e.g. Gooner of Tunbridge Wells!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

but not a visit!

Bitter and twisted....moi?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I hope you're right.

IMO it depends what League we're in.

I really can't see 20,000+ average crowds in League 1.

Yes we have a big catchment area, but half of them seem to 'support' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd'
I think you will find that most towns and city's have these kind of plastic supporters:wink:

Reading is full of them but they still get good crowds,in some ways i hope brighton does have loads as getting tickets will become a nightmare in time.I hope all you lot on here who blabber on here about the lost generation finally eat humbled pie,

thats all bollocks as the fans have never gone away,bring on 30+ crowds again:clap:actually lets wait til its built first and clear 22k:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here