Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
corporates can already buy corporate seats
long term season ticket holders get first dibs on the STs
then current season ticket holders get a go (people who signed up for last withdean season only)
then people who've been season ticket holders at any time at withdean
then people who've previously purchased home match tickets but not season tickets (people on the ticket database who've purchased withdean tickets)

and that will pretty much cover the entire 15,000 in my opinion. the same criteria will then be used for the first batch of individual match tickets. if you don't qualify for any of those then i don't think you'll get a ticket for the first match... and i'm not sure you should either. yes supporting the club away is important but the people who have kept the club going through the withdean years are the people who attended withdean, the people who handed their money to the club on a regular basis.

these people, the withdean regulars, semi-regulars, and corporate backers, should be rewarded with the tickets for the first match at falmer

Last edited:

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
then current season ticket holders get a go (people who signed up for last withdean season only)
then people who've previously purchased home match tickets but not season tickets (people on the ticket database who've purchased withdean tickets)

and that will pretty cover the entire 15,000 in my opinion. the same criteria will then be used for the first batch of individual match tickets. if you don't qualify for any of those then i don't think you'll get a ticket for the first match... and i'm not sure you should either. yes supporting the club away is important but the people who have kept the club going through the withdean years are the people who attended withdean, the people who handed their money to the club on a regular basis.

these people, the withdean regulars, semi-regulars, and corporate backers, should be rewarded with the tickets for the first match at falmer

:falmer:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is a real worry of mine as well. I mean, there must be hundreds of either current season ticket holders or newbies who are all wanting to buy season tickets and not use them.
*chortle*

I've said all along 22,000 isn't enough:tantrum:
I think the club knows this, as it has been built so that it can be easily expandable to well north of 30,000. However, before that happens it needs to ensure the demand is there, that it can cope with the number of people, and also there is the issue that the surrounding infrastructure cannot cope with more than 22,500 as things stand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is this actually true? I hope it is, but I can't find any confirmation on line.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak

and that will pretty much cover the entire 15,000 in my opinion. the same criteria will then be used for the first batch of individual match tickets. if you don't qualify for any of those then i don't think you'll get a ticket for the first match... and i'm not sure you should either. yes supporting the club away is important but the people who have kept the club going through the withdean years are the people who attended withdean, the people who handed their money to the club on a regular basis.

Cracking Post

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is that right, that if you have ever had a season ticket at any time at Withdean (even if not recently) it will still count for something in the pecking order?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Where is that information from please?

We were STH for the first 6 seasons at Withdean, and then frankly I'd had enough (Bad Fan)

I had heard that only those currently with a ST (I won't be renewing next year) would be on any sort of priority list for Falmer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

We were STH for the first 6 seasons at Withdean, and then frankly I'd had enough (Bad Fan)

I had heard that only those currently with a ST (I won't be renewing next year) would be on any sort of priority list for Falmer.
I'm in a similar position, which is why I want to know! (First 3 seasons for me)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

what i think will happen. i don't know anymore than you.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
FFS, I've just asked the Falmer project team because you made is sound like fact. :nono:

What...you mean a bit like Steve Coppell was definitely going to be the next manager...:lolol:

It's OK, it was just food out of my kids' mouths...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There's quite a number of current STH's who fall into this category including myself; the seats in front and adjacent to me in E Block are occupied by STH's and rarely are we all at the same game - in fact the woman who sits next to me usually works on a Saturday. We were chatting about the reasons we are STH's during HT at the Norwich match and none of us have a ST in order to get a cheaper match ticket, it's all about financially supporting the club.

Indeed, I actually have "shares" of sorts in one ST but it's not in my name because I can't commit to every game; I just get a number of tickets per season and my "buddy" keeps the rest. I'm just not on the club database as a STH, that's all.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
FFS, I've just asked the Falmer project team because you made is sound like fact. :nono:

Agree. Les Dynam, you're a complete arse if you're making this pecking order business up as you go along. :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I very much doubt people who went to Withdean and stopped will get any sort over priority over anyone else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is slowly starting to look like the panic that took over when Cardiff tickets went on sale with people scaremongering that tickets would be sold out in a day. We all know we couldn't even fill our allocation.

I will be staggered but happy if we sell out of season tickets and people who wanted one can't get one. It's not gonna happen, no way will the demand to part with £400 plus be that great,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This is slowly starting to look like the panic that took over when Cardiff tickets went on sale with people scaremongering that tickets would be sold out in a day. We all know we couldn't even fill our allocation.

exactly, an im quite confident being middle of summer (when about 15% of the population is on holiday at any time), anyone wanting a ticket for the first game at Falmer will get one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having said that, and if we do sell out, there should be no excuse for hissy fits from 'superfans' who went to Gillingham but for some reason think that because of that they can roll up to Falmer at 2.55 and expect the best seats in the house.

And why not? Personally I find 3.10 a good time to arrive as the queues have died down by then. Oh, and if I am any later it's because the barmaid was a bit slow.

Indeed, I actually have "shares" of sorts in one ST but it's not in my name because I can't commit to every game; I just get a number of tickets per season and my "buddy" keeps the rest. I'm just not on the club database as a STH, that's all.

I can't/won't commit to every game either; like the other STH's around me I go when work, domestic etc commitments allow, otherwise the seat is unused. This season I think I managed 9 league games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here